SAU Community

R35 Loses

TTT

Stupid comparison

What were they hoping for, seriously. They have a straight line drag and expect cars with 200hp less to have a chance?

Not entertaining at all.

Get the same cars and find a twisty road - that would be entertaining

What is it with this obsession with straight line acceleration?!?!?! It's driving me nuts, even most of the US guys on NATROC are obsessed with quarter mile times.... who gives a stuff as long as it's quick point to point.... whatever the car.

Typical dumbed-down viewing for the usual septic.

Stupid comparison

What were they hoping for, seriously. They have a straight line drag and expect cars with 200hp less to have a chance?

Not entertaining at all.

Get over it mate, respect to the new ZR1 i like it !! GTR isnt the best car in the world there are better and more exoctic cars than an a NISSAN.

Get over it mate, respect to the new ZR1 i like it !! GTR isnt the best car in the world there are better and more exoctic cars than an a NISSAN.

I didnt say the GTR is the best car in the world, did i?

Its a stupid comparison as those cars are all made for different things (only the ZR1 is made for straight line power)

I completely agree, there are more exotic cars than Nissans, but i wouldnt put a Corvette in that category. Just because the vette has a monster size engine and Americans have a fascination with them doesnt make it exotic, unique and desirable maybe, but not exotic.

Exotic;

06-lp640-track-f-a2.jpg

novitec-tunero-01.jpg

....and so on :P

May the God of all things Nissan smite this devil tongued disbeliever from the face of this forum forever! :):P

May the God of all things Nissan smite this devil tongued disbeliever from the face of this forum forever! :):P

its true tho. I must admit.

You have to give the car credit when it deserves it. IMHO - The ZR1 is a pure sports car. I mean it has a stick shift for starters!

As much as i LOVE the awesome GTR, i have to say that the ZR1 is a more refined piece of machinery. I donot want to start a flame at all. Im just saying lets appreciate other cars as well as Skylines.

Personally, sarcastically speaking, if the President of USA gave me a choice to own, between a ZR1, Merc SL range, BMW, Japan, Id gladly choose the ZR1

However tho, on the track it would be different story.

I mean come on, who DOESNT love that awesome supercharged V8 on full song???? Dam!

Peace out!

Personally, sarcastically speaking, if the President of USA gave me a choice to own, between a ZR1, Merc SL range, BMW, Japan, Id gladly choose the ZR1

I would either take the BMW corporation, or the enitre country of Japan... hard to choose between the two really...

As much as i LOVE the awesome GTR, i have to say that the ZR1 is a more refined piece of machinery.

last I heard from the almighty Clarkson, that the ZR1 had cheap plastic interior......

if given the choice, I'd take the whole of Japan and BMW M3......or a Bently.....

the c6 zr1 has been tested around the nurburgring lapping a time of 7.22. It's the perfect package in my opinion.

Looks great, fast in a straight line, and fast in corners.

apparently, it's slower in corners....it's only faster overall because of that long long..........LONG uphill straight that it was able to make up all the time it lost around the twisties.

but then again, don't quote me onit because I didn't watch the comaprison vid...............still a pretty and fasts car nontheless

Stupid comparison

Not entertaining at all.

is it just me or is this along the same lines that started the whole nissan/holden thing in the first place... budget built sedan designed to "comfortably" take a family and boat/caravan away on holidays against a pure bred race car, dulled down to get it road legal. "yeh but what do you expect mate, its a twin turbo 4wd coupe against a rwd sedan with a 5l v8 carby", if only id had a dollar for everytime ive heard that response.

the gtr is without a doubt my favourite car ever, but that said... back in 1989, its competition was what... ferrari f40, lamborghini diablo.. porsche 911.. except for the porsche, there was never any contest.

every car has a purpose and is created to suit that purpose... its when crazed fans expect a car to do things that it was never intended for in the first place, and are put on such high pedestals.

the r35 has got the supercars rattled and the holdens cowering again.. thats just how the food chain goes.

wow this thread went to a different place..

it was only a vid..

if they wanted a true comparo, obviously they should have all 4 cars at wakefield.. lol

all nice cars.

and just shows that the GTR which in stock form getting about 11.7 on the quarter was it?.... looks slow in comparison to other exotics.