SAU Community

Bov.. How Do I Make My Stock 1 Flutter

gbangaR32

every now and again i would pull up to a turbo n i hear the BOV go crazy...

"tu tu tu tu tu tu..." lol

i was just wondering if i could do something to my stock BOV on my 32 to make it flutter aswell...

if it can be done, can i please get a quick run down on how to do it...

thanks guys, Michael

Yes it can be done. And no it is NOT the blow off valve making this noise. Ite the noise u get when your bov is BLOCKED or REMOVED.

WHen your car builds up boost and you let go of the accelerator. The pressured air in the system has nowhere to go because your throttle body is closed. Hence the blow off valve vents this pressure. If you have a REMOVED or BLOCKED blow off valve the air will go back through your turbo and out to where your air filter is. The Tututu noise is the turbine wheel "chopping" the air to make that noise.

Best way to do it is to removove the BOV, get an inprint on somtehing of the flange. Get a coke can and cut it open. Cut the coke can into the same size as the flange. THen put the new coke can gasket inbetween your piping and the blow off valve. This pretty much blockes air from going to your bov. You will then get mad VL flutters y0 tu tu tu.

Oooooorrrr you could squash the crap out of your stocker. It will still vent and plumb-back but it will cause your turbo to make the flutter sound when you back off the throttle lightly when on boost. It will vent normally but quicker than usual on sudden throttle lift off....eg. gear changes.

Edited by KeyMaker

Yes it can be done. And no it is NOT the blow off valve making this noise. Ite the noise u get when your bov is BLOCKED or REMOVED.

WHen your car builds up boost and you let go of the accelerator. The pressured air in the system has nowhere to go because your throttle body is closed. Hence the blow off valve vents this pressure. If you have a REMOVED or BLOCKED blow off valve the air will go back through your turbo and out to where your air filter is. The Tututu noise is the turbine wheel "chopping" the air to make that noise.

Best way to do it is to removove the BOV, get an inprint on somtehing of the flange. Get a coke can and cut it open. Cut the coke can into the same size as the flange. THen put the new coke can gasket inbetween your piping and the blow off valve. This pretty much blockes air from going to your bov. You will then get mad VL flutters y0 tu tu tu.

lolz i made a block for my mates gtt with some mdf, a rubber gasket, a drill for the holes and jigsaw to cut the shape lolz.

worked a charm but your idea is soooooo much better; why didnt i think of that

God not this shit again...

Why does this get brought up every week.

Speaking of flutter/dose, has any one seen that ignition dvd with the BADWOG R33 (its a pretty old one) and he goes on about wanting the car to flutter?

F**k its piss funny!!

"I wanted a hektik flutter, like a full melbourne spec VL flutter! Its bad for the turbo and its probably gonna blow but its hektik!"

Hahahahaha god that was gold!

God not this shit again...

Why does this get brought up every week.

its not even weekly mate, its daily... this thread was started 2 days ago ->http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sk...is-t243180.html

Now Mr ganbanga.... follow this link... all you need to know...

FLUTTERZ BIBLE

Must be school holidays....

every now and again i would pull up to a turbo n i hear the BOV go crazy...

"tu tu tu tu tu tu..." lol

Thats because those people are nobs who want to wreck their turbos. If you want your turbos life to be drastically reduced, get a pod filter and block off the BOV.

Or you could just get the word nob tattooed on you your forehead as this has the same affect.

IBTL