SAU Community

Just Been Hit

JamesK

How much would you guys expect to get the rear bar and light resprayed? and who would you guys go to? Oh and I'm also going to need to get the frame beat out a little bit cause as you may have noticed it's been pushed in, the damage doesn't look that bad but I dont want to mess with the frame. I will probably disassemble the light housing and do it myself though I noticed that it seemed like covering just screws on so it shouldn't be hard to sand down and spray over buy I don't have the equipment of the facilities to respray an entire bar!

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know what that black gooey sealant is around the light housing? Noticed it when taking it off want to get more so I can apply it when I put it back on....seems important

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats fkn bullshit man... as if u crash into someone elses car n then drive off!

man if only someone had seem then n taken down their plates n reported to cops...

ppl r useless these days, finding ones that help is almost impossible :P

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know what that black gooey sealant is around the light housing? Noticed it when taking it off want to get more so I can apply it when I put it back on....seems important

You can get Sikaflex from Autobarn (or similiar) and you need a caulking gun which they'll also have

Tubes are about $20? from memory

Be very careful not to get it all over the place or you'll be forever trying to clean it off

Be very careful not to get it all over the place or you'll be forever trying to clean it off

A "mate" of mine went to a "club" with some of that stuff and is still cleaning it out of his ass crack... :P

Well it's in DT's hands now, Handled with Vu seems like an honest man, but yea there is some major body work to be done :) $800

1. Repair the beaver

2. Knock back the paint and panels

3. Respray entire rear bar

4. Respray side panel next to the light

5. Respray light :P

oh well, nobody said life was easy

You can get Sikaflex from Autobarn (or similiar) and you need a caulking gun which they'll also have

Tubes are about $20? from memory

Thanks Kaz, it's in DT's hands now hopefully they will do a good job....their sign does say "All work guaranteed" and in Chinese right next to it: "Just Kidding" hahhaha I wish I could read Chinese

A "mate" of mine went to a "club" with some of that stuff and is still cleaning it out of his ass crack... :)

hahah....gross, yo man I saw you going under the bridge from the Monash Caulfield roundabout didn't notice a smashed up skyline did ya? haha

hahah....gross, yo man I saw you going under the bridge from the Monash Caulfield roundabout didn't notice a smashed up skyline did ya? haha

:) I do what I can...

No I didn't see... ...I'm usually looking for uni students to run down... ...and business tools around near the race track...

I got hit at mcdonalds car park -___-

didnt notice it until i got home

The white paint is from the other car, i hope my black paint is still under it...so all that would need is a cut/polish + pop out the dent?

img1959smallyl8.jpg

The white paint is from the other car, i hope my black paint is still under it...so all that would need is a cut/polish + pop out the dent?

img1959smallyl8.jpg

Personally I would think there is a slight chance that would pop out although, I find if it's not a perfect "punch in" it wont "punch out" and I think it's right where the metal forms the wheel arch it might not pop out but I'm no where close to a pro so yea wait to see one of the more experienced members think, If it was mine I would probably try to get as much of the dent out as I could, sand it smooth, stop by the shop get some spot filler mixed with fiberglass, can of color, and clear coat. Thats been working for me and my minor dints and scratches but like I said I'm far from an expert

Aite guys, Sorry for the the absence latley bet SAU just started to celebrate thinking I left but you guys cant get rid of me that easy! Hahahah anyway I'm currently in Brisbane enjoying the storms and floods hahah but yea update on my car, my bud picked it up and says it looks great cant wait to see my baby again, did a check before I left they had sanded and primed the whole back part of the side panel so yea ppl wondering if DT are iffy and think they just respray over the damage, they don't, but cant wait to inspect for myself well anyways guys anyone want to check out the repairs come to the cruise on the 27th I'll be there! (Sorry to disappoint those people that thought they got rid of me hahahah)

Unfortunately because it involves a crease in the panel that will never pop out properly.

sorry to hear about ur damage dood but cant always hurt to check the local yellow pages thats where i found my parts guy for the R32 till i wrote it off and now i got a R33 same color as urs lolz