SAU Community

custom vs brand exhaust

3R1K

depends on how deep is your pocket really....

gains from a jap-branded exhaust and a well-crafted local product is negligible.

only thing i found that made me favour the japanese-branded exhaust systems are their quality of their mufflers....best if you can get a jap muffler and get the rest of the piping work done here...

not sure what floats your boat, N1 'cannon' style? You want it loud? Or quiet...

personally i would go for anything Fujitsubo:D

Cannon style exhausts seem to attract much more attention.

Personally, i'd go no-name generic oval style if i couldn't find a second hand name brand in good condition...

Oh, and go for a custom dump pipe withwastegatepipe that taps back into main pipe after 150mm. (better flow at max boost)

Originally posted by eriktufa

Lol, I confuse now, so it's better to get jap muffler and get the rest custom?

dont forget that if you decide to get custom from muffler back, it still will be loud. You will need a resonator as most jap branded cat back zorst has a resonator in them :D

get the best you can afford. With a locally made exhuast, you are relying on someones experience to build you an exhuast, where as in a Jap 'off the shelf' item, they spent the money on RnD to develop a good exhaust, and you will feel it in your wallet.

I dont think a Jap cat back is too expensive at all, i wouldnt mind getting the rest of the exhaust made locally.