SAU Community

Fuel Testing On Today Tonight

kidafa

Hi all,

Just wondering if any one else has noticed and is going to watch the fuel testing on today tonight. Its on tonight's show, dono what story it'll be cos i don't really want to have to sit through the entire show :laugh: Think it starts at 6.30. Their testing fuel from all the major suppliers (BP, SHELL ect.) and will be doing dyno runs and carying out other tests on the fuels. Might be interesting.

PREPARES FOR FLAMING FOR NOT GOING IN WASTELAND. BUT : We'll now have some where to talk about it afterwards :ninja:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont worry mate the wasteland is so full some of it will spill ito here :ninja::laugh:

no hadnt heard can someone tape it :(

in other car related news the new GTR is being properly driven on top gear tonight lets hope theve gotton rid of the 180k speed limit and run it around the track again

yeah fuel prices are wicked at the moment. Had to nurse the stagea to work today at Mt Barker from burnside, didnt realize i was that low on fuel and didnt have time to stop. Will manage to get to and from work (60k's) on about an 8th of a tank in the wagon STOKED! :ninja: realise

Tape it = Can someone digitally record that TV show tonight onto a DVD, as if you have one of those DVD recorders that only records to a HDD, you are 0 use to me.

Or

Tape it = Can someone dig up a old blank, non-thrashed VHS tape and set your VCR to tape it tonight?

in other car related news the new GTR is being properly driven on top gear tonight lets hope theve gotton rid of the 180k speed limit and run it around the track again

I am sure they will have the limiter off, i know the grey import GTR here in adelaide has it off, simple ECU tune. i also know of a GTR going around the country as a Privet thing that is the AUS spec car and that has no limiter on it.. either way that shouldn't be an issue :ninja:

Tape it = Can someone digitally record that TV show tonight onto a DVD, as if you have one of those DVD recorders that only records to a HDD, you are 0 use to me.

Or

Tape it = Can someone dig up a old blank, non-thrashed VHS tape and set your VCR to tape it tonight?

I got HDTV card on my computer but i'll be at tafe. I'll leave comp on and set it to record it, but I don't trust those timers lol...

Foxtel I.Q will be set. Too bad you can't upload from there onto computer/DVD/VHS...or maybe I'm missing out?

Paid $1.40 per L for premium friday night when normal was $1.28. I thought 'heck, $1.28 is damn cheap, better fill up', not knowing it would drop to $1.23 for normal. Not all that long ago it was $1.67 or something for regular. Insane. I'm loving it, just as I get my car the prices drop!

Yerp shall be watching this....Hopefully its at the start and not the end don't wanna sit through all the crap!!

Whats the bet they don't give a best fuel! Bet they sit on the fence bout it

The final results are:

BP unleaded regular

Shell V Power

Mobil 8000

Shell unleaded regular

BP Ultimate

Caltex Vortex 98

Mobil 2000

Caltex Vortex regular unleaded

Liberty PremiuMax

Liberty regular unleaded

Liberty unleaded 94

no surpries about liberty...... but i expeced to see BP ultimate up a lot higher (my car loves it)

The final results are:

BP unleaded regular

Shell V Power

Mobil 8000

Shell unleaded regular

BP Ultimate

Caltex Vortex 98

Mobil 2000

Caltex Vortex regular unleaded

Liberty PremiuMax

Liberty regular unleaded

Liberty unleaded 94

no surpries about liberty...... but i expeced to see BP ultimate up a lot higher (my car loves it)

does this mean i gotta use bp unleaded regular in my car coz its better then ultimate?? lol

dam even shell petty is better (i use that more, it cost 2c less and is closer to home lol)

watched it, they used a 3.8 v6 commy for testing on the dyno, not a hi compression or turbo car. ?

but even in the end the dyno tuner said he would stick with Premium fuels to keep plugs , oil clean and car customers happy.

I had to put cheap shit in mine once, out of food stuff and needed fuel bad, it missfired really bad.

My R34 likes BP Ultimate the best. unless i run octane boost with it, lol to bring it up to 102 or so..lol then it runs really good.

Do we have 102 octane hidden in OZ? i know BP in the UK has it ?

sure beats the USA crap fuel, 10% ethonol killed engines in states, and vapour lock at high altitudes on hot days. and low octane for everything else but race fuel.

Troy.

10% eth does not kill engines unless you drop it in to a car that has been tuned for bp98 and running 12:1 afr's. The ethanol leans out the motor a fair bit; enough for you to feel the top end going lean and a slight power drop as a result. A stock ecu'd car will be fine as they run rich anyway so you'll pick up some nice power.

What sort of octane boost do you run to crack 102ron? Toluene or 2-3 bottles of Nulon Pro strength?

So how did they determine which fuel was best? economy power?

dont worry mate the wasteland is so full some of it will spill ito here :P:laugh:

no hadnt heard can someone tape it :P

On now and what a car..... mmmmm GTR