SAU Community

Monster Garage R34 Gtr Wide Body Kit

Phatboy

The R34 GTR in the avatar pic isn't mine. People keep on PM'ing me asking about it, so I though I would start a little thread that I can just link to, rather than explain every time.

album1012.jpg

It was built by Kenand Lam's group (Monster Garage, in Malaysia). As far as I know it's a one-of-a-kind custom build, not an off-the-shelf kit. In my personal opinion the bodykit is out of this world, and I would love to have it on my car, except that it would be cop bait everywhere, and that it would cost A LOT.

Here are some youtube videos of it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=criyyx8MvYs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptMeWif4Vgs

Edited by Phatboy

thught this was a GT-t as the seats and exhaust give it away.

Actually, you might be right. It's hard to tell under that mountain of carbon.

I recently heard a rumour that it was a 800HP GT-T rather than a GTR, but I don't know any more than that. There's not much info on it on the net.

I like the aggressive JGTC look. You could fit sticky tyres >325 wide under those fenders and just grip all day long. Even if some don't like it, you have to admit, you would never see anything like it on the street. At least you wouldn't get craptastic riced to the max lancers/corollas trying to race you at the lights.

I live in Malaysia for work and I have seen a few of these cars at big events like Super GT.

It is common practice here to get a GTST of GTT, do some mods, throw some stickers on and call it a GTR!! They even put the GTR badges on them. There are quite a few genuine GTR's here but most of these heavily bodykitted cars are clones and don't have the grunt to backup the look.

This look is not for me, I prefer the sleeper approach to look stock but goes like shit off a shovel, unfortunately here in KUL stickers and fake crap is all the rave.

Take my Cefiro for example, it came with a RB26 in it (why I bought it) but also came with crap airbrushing on the bonnet, cream fake leather interior, stickers all over, huge offset wheels with spacers and a really noisy exhaust. I am slowly turning it into a fast regular looking car but the odds are against me.

I have some photos that I will resize and post.

Rgds,

Grippy..