SAU Community

Lewis Engine Rebuilders

as the topic says has any used lewis engine rebuilders to rebuild their rb26 ? their prices are very competitive. Stockish full rebuilds with forgies and acl bearings cost $5500.00 . Their "killer" engine is just under 15k which includes all top name products . Their products are also very competively priced . Check out their website - www.lewisengines.com.au.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

as the topic says has any used lewis engine rebuilders to rebuild their rb26 ? their prices are very competitive. Stockish full rebuilds with forgies and acl bearings cost $5500.00 . Their "killer" engine is just under 15k which includes all top name products . Their products are also very competively priced . Check out their website - www.lewisengines.com.au.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Remember though, thats $5500 doesnt include anything other than stock pumps and nothing in terms of head work and/or oil restriction (nothing listed on the website), no mention of decent rod bolts etc etc.

Also bear in mind if your crank comes back fked, there goes another 1k right off the bat...

So that price isnt 'the best', its fairly hefty infact when you consider they dont do anything really, but then its not the worst i guess. IMO i'd rather have a racepace motor as once you add in the extra pumps pricing, head tidy up/bolts etc etc, your well within reach of something 'upper' class as i would call it

Realistically you'd spend at least another $1500 if you wanted to make any decent power... but hey, at least they'll give you a motor with belts set right :P

So not saying anything bad about them (cause ive got NFI of their work), i just think you should shop around :)

i think his refering to dirt garage aka paul aka twoogle aka red r racing

if you dunno him start googling lol

im under the impression that paul only builds engines and you supply parts?

also how would one send an engine interstate?

Edited by R32 Driver

Paul (DirtGarage) will build it for you, PM him and have a chat about what you want. Im pretty sure he can source you parts but you will have to pay upfront for them. Best to speak to him direct about it though.

Paul built my motor (RB26) not too long ago, There is a topic on it in here somewhere. His machinist does top quality work and doesnt charge a fortune!

Airroad direct will pick up the motor on a pallet and delver it. They are pretty cheap too. www.airroaddirect.com.au

Hope this helps..

Cheers,

Johno

Not sure of your location mate but have a chat to Dan: SAU Profile | Elite Racing Website

He has extremely competitive pricing and is a stand-up guy.

I have moved a couple of engines around interstate

Sent a RB25 from Brisbane to Adelaide through NQX ~$220

Sent a RB30DET from Melbourne to Brisbane through Mainfreight ~$240 - Mainfreight were the best to deal with and you didn't need to be a business customer.

i just bought a timing belt

ill install in on the weekend any tips boys im scared

Tips for the timing belt;

Cut it in half before you install it. And then just staple it back together. Easy way to install.

Start the engine and if it doesn't seize you haven't got the timing completely wrong, you might even be close.

You don't need a timing belt anyway. mine runs fine without one, i ripped it out years ago. get with the times

Tips for the timing belt;

Cut it in half before you install it. And then just staple it back together. Easy way to install.

Start the engine and if it doesn't seize you haven't got the timing completely wrong, you might even be close.

I see no reason to turn this in to a dirt pissing contest. His ability to build an engine is well documented.

We all have our favorite spanners but if i lived in adelaide there's no way I would be getting dirt or dan to do my work, There are good builders in all major centres, Why would you risk dragging engines half way round the country when it can be done locally.

Dan from elite is my builder and i wouldnt have it any other way. But If I lived near the dirt man I would have no qualms about getting him to screw my donks together.

(If he didnt leave a note taped to the engine telling me the timing belt needed tensioning tho I would firebomb his house :( )

lewis engines has been around for yrs ive had a few speedway heads done by him . he has a good backround his dad rip john lewis owned the dyno shop at st peters on payhan rd for many yrs b4 he was killed in a plane crash . his dad did sprintcar engines and drag motors many of the top runners at the time , ive had plenty of machine work done by lewis engines with no complaints

cheers mid life crisis