SAU Community

Alarm Problem

Sammy34

Got a Viper car alarm that has stopped beeping when i lock or unlock the car. The car has been into a Tyre Place to get new wheels put on it and a few things done with the breaks and since I got it back it has stop making the single beep when the car gets locked and the double beep when the car is unlocked.

Is there any simple way to fix this problem quickly?

Will my alarm still go off if the car is hit or broken into?

Cheers

~Sammy

If your lights still flash when you press the key then yes your car is still imobalised.

try put the round key in the key way in the alarm under your bonnet and turning it around. if that works then great...if not then turn it back to where it was. if that works then tops. If neither work then refer to your Viper alarm instruction booklet. That should tell you how to fix it. I think there is a combination of keys to push to activate the beep, but i can't remember.

lock/arm the car then try open the door/boot with the key (not disarming it).. see if the alarm goes off.. or leave the bonnet up when you lock it.. if the alarm goes off then it still works..

if not do as oblivion says and see if they just switched it off at the box.. if not take it back to where you got it installed

mine started like that then it went to hearing the alarm semi-silently all the time. If it is under warranty try and get it looked at ASAP...

I can still alarm it but u dont hear the beeps...

Took it back as it was still under warranty and they sent it away..

Autobahn sent 5 away that week...(all of them rejected including 1 put in 1 week earlier (when there was no rain at all)

All 5 of them rejected because of water damage..

Now i do detail under my bonnet but with a damp cloth... If mine had water damage it would have been from driving through a puddle of water but i doubt that very much..

Really not happy with Viper warranty support... which is a shame as i love the product just hate the support..

I for one won't be buying that system again.

Is your red LED light flashing really fast now?

Lock the car and see if it is flashing fast, then unlock the car and see if it is still flashing faster than normal... if so, then I know that fix.

My alarm isnt viper but its made by the same blokes. I had electrial stuff played around with and it stopped making the beep sound when locking/unlocking - my LED light was then always flashing like crazy unless I turned the car on from memory.. took 5 seconds to fix btw

umm. mines got a blue LED light. The light use to flash when the car was locked and the alarm was set. Now the blue light doesnt flash at all it just stays on, armed or not armed, until i put the key into the ignition then the light goes off. As for the key to use on the alarm under the bonnet. I didnt seem to get one off the previous owner when I recieved the car. And Im not sure who installed the alarm either as it was on the car when I got it. Also dont have the manual for the alarm.

The alarm still works, it just doesnt beep when i lock or unlock the car. Which I guess isnt the important factor of having the alarm just one of those annoying little things.

Edited by Sammy34

alarm is in valet mode. if it has a blue light it *could* be a 791. have a dig around in the drivers area you will probably find a black pushbutton. actually - ring/PM me. I'll tell you how to get it out of this mode.

alarm is in valet mode. if it has a blue light it *could* be a 791. have a dig around in the drivers area you will probably find a black pushbutton. actually - ring/PM me. I'll tell you how to get it out of this mode.

As Chris R said.

Find the black push button usually located under the sterring wheel close to where all the fuses are. Ask who installed it in for the location if you can't find it.

then.

Its a combination to turn this mode off. you have to first unlock the car, start the car then when you turn off the car quickly press and hold this button for few seconds.

or

when the car is started then hold and press this button. then when you turn off the car and close the doors you should see your blue led flashing back to normal and sound will come back on.

Just try the combos out. Every now again i got to do this as when i take to mechanics (weeks on end) i turn this auto lock off auto wind up windows cause they don't understand to take the keys out or they will be locked in the car.

Whops, sorry about my late reply, but Chris already beat me to it...

Mine was just flashing super fast - almost looked like it stayed on...

To fix mine, I had to hold the vallet button put the key in the ignition, push the door button (So it thought the door was closed) and turn the key to -on- (not ignition) then back off and fixed :)

I was shit scared to that I f'd the alarm but a quick read of the manual resolved my issue ;)