SAU Community

No Launch Control For Aus Gtr's

Gibbo_R35

No doubt there will be a price reduction to compensate for the deletion of said Launch control. :laugh:

WTF!? Price reduction? No way man, this is a gtr mate, Nissan OZ could change the engine to a steam engine and still sell it for $11ty million.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mate..

Any chance of a larger sized pic of the third attachment? Have you got any more of these?

Tomek

Unforunately I dont, I beleive it was one of the Wheels Mag adverts, sent to me by a friend years ago. I think Nissan should bring back the old stick shift for the old school die hard fans & then we can really launch it!!!! :yucky:

With the amount of technology these days, it takes away the spirit of actually driving the car....these days the vehicles drives you not you drive them....a little bit of bitch factor keeps you in check!!.....seperates the men from the boys.

Lies!!!

No really I'm not that interested in them. There's flaws.

They are great looking cars and most of the development of the car has been good but there are still big flaws and I'm still waiting for the next one to come out.

Thats like being married to angelina jolie and finding out that she dosent give head.

HAHAHAHA!

No doubt there will be a price reduction to compensate for the deletion of said Launch control. :yucky:

Nissan shouldn't even be selling them for that much. You could pick them up for like 88k with a few k's on them when they were being imported.

Shame on Nissan and all the threats and lies they have been putting out! SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Nissan shouldn't even be selling them for that much. You could pick them up for like 88k with a few k's on them when they were being imported.

Shame on Nissan and all the threats and lies they have been putting out! SHAME SHAME SHAME!

$88K in Japan is $140K+ back here, landed and complied. I priced them up numerous times for potential customers, and the number didn't stack up very well against Nissan's pricing, pure and simple. And that's before the dollar took its massive hit. If they're making any money at all at that list price, it won't be very much.

There whole transmission/ structural set up is a whole failure!! Nissan JP should have delayed the arrival of the GTR until they fixed the bloody problems.

I would hate to own one.

:yucky: eh?

"structural set up is a whole failure"? can you elaborate on that? Of all the thousands of cars out there I only know of 1 failure which was due to severe abuse. I've seen enough R35 GTRs go through some pretty serious punishment to know they are very well sorted, and the transmission is a great piece of work. like ANY car if you try hard enough you can abuse it to breaking point but normal driving, hard driving, circuit driving and even racing events seem to be no problem for it at all. I can't believe you'd hate to own one. I would love to know what all these flaws are?

I know Richard. The funny thing I think about is that my R34 GTR has had of the standard Nissan parts 2 busted gearboxes, 2 busted engines, a blown front diff and a blown rear diff, and that just my car alone. I know of PLENTY of other GTR owners that have blown everything up on their cars. And we all know it happens because we beat the crap out of our cars and we know its part and parcel with what we do (unfortunately).

But the R35 GTR has come along and for some reason people think you should now be able to do the same thing to these cars but not have any issues anymore. But I know when my R35 comes if I treat it the same way as my R34 things are going to break eventually. But my WRX which is stock and I have fun with but don't punish is still perfect to this day (although I did kill a set of wheel bearings). Again I expect the R35 will be the same.

No really I'm not that interested in them. There's flaws.

They are great looking cars and most of the development of the car has been good but there are still big flaws and I'm still waiting for the next one to come out.

HAHAHAHA!

Care to explain these so called "flaws" to us?

This should be funny lol

Unforunately I dont, I beleive it was one of the Wheels Mag adverts, sent to me by a friend years ago. I think Nissan should bring back the old stick shift for the old school die hard fans & then we can really launch it!!!! :yucky:

With the amount of technology these days, it takes away the spirit of actually driving the car....these days the vehicles drives you not you drive them....a little bit of bitch factor keeps you in check!!.....seperates the men from the boys.

having driven both the old r32 gtr/r33 gtr & r34 gtr and now racing the new r35 gtr, i can tell you that the new gtr is still one of the most fantastic driving experiences money can buy. it has lost none of that gtr style it is so sure footed yet so very slideable, big power slides are available off any corner. the speed the car can brake/corner and accelerate at leaves the older models for dead and the balance is just out of this world.

also let me state that it is nothing like driving an evo for instance which does feel like your being helped and also a bit boring (but very competitive)

driving the new gtr , you have to lift your skills to a competely new level, everything is happening much faster so fast it takes awhile to comprehend!

also Snowy you are spot on, if you want to flog them things will brake, Snowy has driven many supercars and i sure some have failed, buy a lambo and see how long you get out of you clutch.

buy a new sti or rs evo and side step the clutch from 6 or 7000 rpm 20 or 30 times and see what happens (in standard form), in an evo if your clutch handles it you may leave the right angle drive on the ground.

the new gtr is absolutely amazing, anyone that owns one and takes care of it , will have one of the most amazing driving experiences you can get.

this photo below is at superlap , when the car is sliding you can change gears , and the change is so fast that the car will not move about! the gearbox may not handle heaps of launches (escpecially on stickier tyres) but it is still one of the best things about driving this car!!

post-17546-1226620628_thumb.jpg

From what I have heard is that a few people are having transmission problems and because of stress in the car they are having problems with the chassis..

isn't that why they took the launch control out.

I'm sure this is due to a bit of abuse but I'm just not sure if these cars are going to live up to people's standards? I'm not saying they should be unbreakable (every car will eventually break). Maybe Nissan should have fixed this transmission problem before selling them off..

There's just so much hype about them but I just can't seem to find myself interested in it.

From what I have heard is that a few people are having transmission problems and because of stress in the car they are having problems with the chassis..

I'm sure this is due to a bit of abuse but I'm just not sure if these cars are going to live up to people's standards? I'm not saying they should be unbreakable (every car will eventually break). Maybe Nissan should have fixed this transmission problem before selling them off..

There's just so much hype about them but I just can't seem to find myself interested in it.

who are these few people with transmission problems and chassis problems? seriously, I honestly am curious to know. :yucky:

as for nissan should have fixed the transmission problem? I still don't know what problem you're talking about? I haven't found any. there aren't any documented problems with it. actually in the first 100 or so cars a few people complained that it shifted to quickly at low speed, so they slightly changed the software. but it was literally a handful of cars who got the update. but it wasn't any fault with the transmission.

granted there is a lot of hype, and a lot of bullshit too, but you can't really blame the car for that.

I heard about this tranmission problem the other week at a skidpan day. A guy has just ordered his R35 and will be here in April and was going on about the same problem...Was getting worried about the issue and wasnt going to even try and modify the thing..(so he was saying)

I think it would be a one off case this tranmission problem and would love to know who has had the problem..the rumour is spreading like wild fire :P

I heard about this tranmission problem the other week at a skidpan day. A guy has just ordered his R35 and will be here in April and was going on about the same problem...Was getting worried about the issue and wasnt going to even try and modify the thing..(so he was saying)

I think it would be a one off case this tranmission problem and would love to know who has had the problem..the rumour is spreading like wild fire :P

Hi Jess,

It was good to meet you at the skid pan day. Don't worry it is not spreading further it is just I joined this forum like you suggested.

The transmission issues have been with 3 US delivered cars and 1 Japanese car that I know of at this point. The warranty had been voided if the launch control had been used in excess of 3 times.

I was very concerned with this and am actually glad that if there is a chance of voiding my warranty then take that feature away......but tell me before I buy it.

In my opinion there is no flaw with the transmission, drivers just have to be aware that if you treat it badly it will break. There is a massive difference between driving something hard and thrashing it. If you think you are in a burnout competition or drive it like a quater mile dragster from every set of lights then you had better only expect the reliability those sort of cars get.

I would not have bought the car if I thought it was a dud, value for money it is the best performance car on the market anywhere.

Cheers,

Gibbo

Hi Jess,

It was good to meet you at the skid pan day. Don't worry it is not spreading further it is just I joined this forum like you suggested.

The transmission issues have been with 3 US delivered cars and 1 Japanese car that I know of at this point. The warranty had been voided if the launch control had been used in excess of 3 times.

I was very concerned with this and am actually glad that if there is a chance of voiding my warranty then take that feature away......but tell me before I buy it.

In my opinion there is no flaw with the transmission, drivers just have to be aware that if you treat it badly it will break. There is a massive difference between driving something hard and thrashing it. If you think you are in a burnout competition or drive it like a quater mile dragster from every set of lights then you had better only expect the reliability those sort of cars get.

I would not have bought the car if I thought it was a dud, value for money it is the best performance car on the market anywhere.

Cheers,

Gibbo

Hiya Jeff!!! :P

Good to see you join the forum ,was nice to meet you as well..Will you be coming down to Dutton Rally??

Sorry about my post :D Now I remember what you were saying..was so hot that day!!

I can understand you are a bit worried but only been 4 cars that you have found and would of probably been "treated badly" as you said bit hard to believe that Nissan wouldnt give warranty unless they found signs of mistreatment..you would hope :)

The GTR is an awesome car and I have an older model but love it so..You will be so happy with your purchase..

If there was a problem with the R35 would Nissan recall them???

You seen me launching my car at skidpan day at around 4/5grand and didnt fase it at all.. I also launched my car at hillclimbs and havent had a problem.. But I havent done a massive launch of like 7 grand yet in a motorsport event and dont think I will unless I finally take it to the drags just to find out what she can do down the quarter..

Listen to Giant, Snowman and Beer Baron these guys know there GTR's and can put your mind at ease! :D

Sorry no Dutton rally for me this year I will be in NZ, however next year I will be entering for the NSW leg.

I guess time will tell for the GTR if reliability is an issue or not... I am kind of guessing that if something is going to break then I will be one of the first to do so, that is how y luck runs with cars sometimes.

Cheers,

Gibbo.

who are these few people with transmission problems and chassis problems? seriously, I honestly am curious to know. :P

as for nissan should have fixed the transmission problem? I still don't know what problem you're talking about? I haven't found any. there aren't any documented problems with it. actually in the first 100 or so cars a few people complained that it shifted to quickly at low speed, so they slightly changed the software. but it was literally a handful of cars who got the update. but it wasn't any fault with the transmission.

granted there is a lot of hype, and a lot of bullshit too, but you can't really blame the car for that.

Indeed. A guy I know of has run over 100 1/4 mile passes since owning his, has 60+ launches on the gearbox, makes 600hp and his GT-R eats it up. He is actively willing the gearbox to break but it just doesn't...

I still wouldn't kick one out of bed...