SAU Community

No Launch Control For Aus Gtr's

Gibbo_R35

Hi Guys,

I have an R35 on order and was redoing some details with my dealer the other day, the latest news for Australian GTR's is that there will be no Launch control. Due to the failing transmissions and the issue with voided warranties Nissan Australia will not be having the Launch control function on the Australian cars.

I hope no one was pinning their decision to buy the car on 0-100 in 3.3 seconds, you won't be able to achieve that here.

Cheers,

Gibbo

i wonder if they will change the time specs for the car then :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the world has become too obsessed with 0-100 times

it matters five-eighths of f**k-all anyway. besides, brutal standing starts on the street will likely get your car confiscated anywhere in the country, 'cept maybe the NT.

R35's have tonnes of low-end torque/response, and lightning quick in gear roll-on times. and that's what matters most

the world has become too obsessed with 0-100 times

it matters five-eighths of f**k-all anyway. besides, brutal standing starts on the street will likely get your car confiscated anywhere in the country, 'cept maybe the NT.

R35's have tonnes of low-end torque/response, and lightning quick in gear roll-on times. and that's what matters most

agreed, too often I have heard starving Africans comparing 0-100 times and using it as the soul basis to judge the whole vehicle.

even still, we were blown away with the 0-100 times when released. Has there been any other super cars released that have had to change their 0-100 times due to mechanical issues?

Indeed. A guy I know of has run over 100 1/4 mile passes since owning his, has 60+ launches on the gearbox, makes 600hp and his GT-R eats it up. He is actively willing the gearbox to break but it just doesn't...

I still wouldn't kick one out of bed...

Which particular R35 GT-R is this?

agreed, too often I have heard starving Africans comparing 0-100 times and using it as the sole basis to judge the whole vehicle.

the 'performance motoring' world, wise-ass :P

=/ well its confirmed.. no launch control on new models.

so0o0o does this make the MY09 models worth more in resell wise or maybe less due to trannie problems later??

Well its a lose no matter wat way u look at it, it was a new key advantage for the Nissan GTR.

pretty sure some aftermarket company could easily make a bypass around it and have a launch control system.

i wonder if they will change the time specs for the car then :D

the times that Nissan quoted is without LC. Apparently, it can be replicated. Owners over in Nagtroc have managed 11.7sec quarter mile @ 120mph with a stock car, stock tires, normal fuel (93 octane) and NO LC. The technique is quite simple as well and anyone can do it.

Edited by skyline_man

the times that Nissan quoted is without LC. Apparently, it can be replicated. Owners over in Nagtroc have managed 11.7sec quarter mile @ 120mph with a stock car, stock tires, normal fuel (93 octane) and NO LC. The technique is quite simple as well and anyone can do it.

well how come every early review of the car had the presenter showing the 'launch control' process? :D

Some guy over in Nagtroc America. He was trying to be the first person to break into the 10s. Got a 11.04sec pass before being kicked off the drag strip for not having a roll cage.

Correct. It's JohnTurbo's from NAGTROC. I've been closely following the build and racing of his car. Kicked off the drag strip when he ran an 11.04 (not using launch control) he put a cage in the car and went back out there and tried some more. Never did run a 10.9 though so he's now building it further to demolish the current record.

Pretty much out of fuel at the boost he's running at the moment so needs injectors.

well I've got 1 more R35 WITH LC that will be for sale soon. so anyone not wanting to miss out on the original recipe (or should that be hot and spicy?) R35 GTR send me a PM! It will definitely be the last one I bring in and it seems it will be one of the last coming to aus with a fully functioning launch control system. I feel everyone should get to experience R35 launch control at least once in their lifetime. Pulling over 1G of acceleration on the road, on street tryes whilst your air-con is running and your DVD is playing and your stubbie is in it's cup holder and the leather seat massages your buttocks is quite something. don't miss out. :O

well I've got 1 more R35 WITH LC that will be for sale soon. so anyone not wanting to miss out on the original recipe (or should that be hot and spicy?) R35 GTR send me a PM! It will definitely be the last one I bring in and it seems it will be one of the last coming to aus with a fully functioning launch control system. I feel everyone should get to experience R35 launch control at least once in their lifetime. Pulling over 1G of acceleration on the road, on street tryes whilst your air-con is running and your DVD is playing and your stubbie is in it's cup holder and the leather seat massages your buttocks is quite something. don't miss out. :O

You're a car importer?