SAU Community

Sick Of People Claiming Ghost Rwkw!

RBJ3T

OK,

I'm sure youv’e all got a mate or no of somebody like this but what is it with dudes claiming massive power outputs on relatively stock cars. I’m not going to even look into the pshycology of it all but man it pissses me off.

So yesterday I was at a mates shop rewiring a hole heap of stuff and general maintenance and a unnamed SAU member came by in his 33. He was all like what are you putting down at the treds. I said Last dyno was 231RWKW. He was like yeah iv’e got 340rwkw with a stock turbo on 15psi with just a computer, fuel pump and exhaust. I mean I wanted to just get right into it but I thought f*ck it. What the point…. People like that aren’t worth it. I mean I have stock injectors and max them out at full tilt. Now how the hell to I get another 100kw down on those injectors. I have the HKS2535, bosch pump, surge tank, fuel reg, computer, FMIC, exhaust, Z32, Boost control, pod blah blah blah and I cannot squeeze that sorta power out…..

Am I missing something or are these people just living a pipe dream.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

I'm sure youv'e all got a mate or no of somebody like this but what is it with dudes claiming massive power outputs on relatively stock cars. I'm not going to even look into the pshycology of it all but man it pissses me off.

So yesterday I was at a mates shop rewiring a hole heap of stuff and general maintenance and a unnamed SAU member came by in his 33. He was all like what are you putting down at the treds. I said Last dyno was 231RWKW. He was like yeah iv'e got 340rwkw with a stock turbo on 15psi with just a computer, fuel pump and exhaust.

Was it a GTR?

I guess even if it was, that's pretty unbelievable at 15psi, or that's one hell of a ECU/EBC. Must be one of those dodgy dynos.

LOL these people are funny, you could almost say delusional.

Every so often one of these comments will be someone testing you to see if you can sort bullshit from fact, but 9 times out of 10 these people are just talkers that don't actually what they are talking about, or feel compelled to spout shit in order sound better than they are.

Just laugh it off, these people aren't worth the time of day.

hello

we have seen this in the past, but what we have also seen is "non comparable results"

that is - a car makes a given power in RWKW vs another car in RWKW and we assume both cars are same & dyno settings

the dyno sheeet says its RWKW, says its blah blah mode etc etc etc so the guy must have made 150rwkw surely - the sheet says so

so you compare this to your car and you make say 50rwkw and the other guy makes 150rwkw

what is a likely scenario is one or more of the following;

1) mangled dyno settings

- wrong mode set, wrong ramp rate, wrong car selected, mangled correction on the dyno

2) mangled dyno environment

- temp sensor in wrong spot, rollers mangled, fan mangled, different temperature (without correction)

3) different diff gears

- higher or lower

4) different ratios in the gearbox

- higher or lower

5) dynoed in different method

- shootout vs non shoutout

- engine dyno

- hub dyno

6) different fuel used

- could be 98, could be 100, could be 110, could be 130+

when i saw wrong ,as in when you compare A and B cars they arent the same

ie if you dyno a bog stockish GTST in 3rd gear you get around 180rwkw ish

we all know a GTST in 4th gear makes around 140rwkw - but the guy has more bragging rights cos he made more

is it right? probably not

but the paper says 180rwkw so he has to be correct

theres more to it than the dyno sheet - and the owner usually doesnt let on to all the of the mods, i mean, the might not remember all the mods etc?

at the end of the day, 340rwkw from a essentially stock gtst is laughable.

I have a 33 GTR with GTSS's running 19PSI , HKS racing chamber kit, Hks dumps, Tomei manifolds, mines stainless front pipe, no cat, kakimoto mega race catback, type B poncams, 700 sards (pump & AFR), EVC6 and d'jetro and only putting down 323KW (pretty sure on 4WD dyno but will check) so if he reckons 340rwkw on 15PSI, I want to live in his fantasy world, it sounds pleasant with an abundance of cheap HP

OK,

I'm sure youv'e all got a mate or no of somebody like this but what is it with dudes claiming massive power outputs on relatively stock cars. I'm not going to even look into the pshycology of it all but man it pissses me off.

So yesterday I was at a mates shop rewiring a hole heap of stuff and general maintenance and a unnamed SAU member came by in his 33. He was all like what are you putting down at the treds. I said Last dyno was 231RWKW. He was like yeah iv'e got 340rwkw with a stock turbo on 15psi with just a computer, fuel pump and exhaust. I mean I wanted to just get right into it but I thought f*ck it. What the point…. People like that aren't worth it. I mean I have stock injectors and max them out at full tilt. Now how the hell to I get another 100kw down on those injectors. I have the HKS2535, bosch pump, surge tank, fuel reg, computer, FMIC, exhaust, Z32, Boost control, pod blah blah blah and I cannot squeeze that sorta power out…..

Am I missing something or are these people just living a pipe dream.

There is a company down there (Melbourne) that has obtained some very 'excited' results from their dyno. They even had the stupidity to start a thread on here to beat their own chest...which horribly backfired and left them with zero credibility.

It may have been dyno'd there....lol

Edited by DiRTgarage

There is a company down there (Melbourne) that has obtained some very 'excited' results from their dyno. They even had the stupidity to start a thread on here to beat their own chest...which horribly backfired and left them with zero credibility.

It may have been dyno'd there....lol

LOL!

Which place was that?