SAU Community

Sick Of People Claiming Ghost Rwkw!

RBJ3T

According to most Holden owners their cars make about 1000000000000 rwkws fwkws awkws in park on a dyno that is upside down using a volcano as a fan.

I have friends that do it, i think everyone has "that friend" that claims fantastical power outputs from either their own car or some car they "read about." Who cares, its good for a laugh! It definitely can get annoying though, so i feel your pain there.

unless its a dyno queen, its the torque that matters most anyway.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha love this thread i got a mate with a supra thats booked into get a gt35 fmic and computer on monday for $5000 and reckons he was told it will pump out 450hp atw.

sounds a bit cheap to me i guess ill find out sometime during the week :D

my 5 speed v6 vn commodore is making a good 368 kW at the wheels. all its got is a 2.5 inch exhaust that has snapped underneath. its easy. all you need is an imagination, and to keep a straight face when you tell people this sh!t :(

worst is my mate. his older brother had an evo 3 mock up. just an old lancer with an evo 3 kit and an exhaust.

my mate, daniel, thought it was the quickest car in the world, it was able to eat gt-r r34s for some reason. this guy who works for my dad, arthur is his name, he used to work as a mechanic for nissan. he owns a 1999 s14. sleeper, hasnt been dyno'd, hes done sum silent stuff to this car, it has an r33 gt-r exhaust, so no big exhaust or anything, looks stock standard. this 200sx tho, has keeps up with s15s, r33 gts-ts even r34 gt-ts lol, not gt-rs tho :banana:

this daniel guy thinks that his brothers evo 3 was able to keep up with porsches. we had an arguement over whos car would win. the lancer or the 200sx.

mind you, this guy knows nothing about how cars work. after wrecking him with all mechanical talk, about how easy 200sx can win cause it has a turbo and other stuff, he thinks that the lancer will win cause it has 4wd...its a lancer..it has front wheel drive..but he thinks 4wd. in the end all he could say was that cause his brothers car has a bodykit, the aerodynamics will allow it to beat the 200sx.

sorry for the novel

My mums VE SS puts out about 550hp at the wheels....

Its twin turbo but.

horrible waste of money...

My mate has a 5.7ltr fully work engine forgies soild cam big bux spent on it, The work shop told him it was makeing 280kw. He told a diffent tuner and he laught and said no way put it on the dyno and it only made 250kw. I ve heard most V8 joint's dyno are way out so it looks better for them.

So i guess the V8 fans are liveing in Fantasy.

Ps has any one ever heard a v8 fan say there engine rated at 500hp Thinking that makes the car 500hp at the weels. :ph34r: .

whats so unbelieveable about 300rwkw from a 5.7L Holden?

Do you know how easy it is to get massive power and 11 second 1/4's out of these cars?

Engine power from V8s is no prob, especially with performance shops like Harrop's, Air Power Systems that super/turbocharge. It's traction from only 2 wheels that the problem. They wheelspin like a bitch.

My mums VE SS puts out about 550hp at the wheels....

Its twin turbo but.

horrible waste of money...

Wow, your mum turbo'd her SS? Nice one! Although might be embarrassing to be owned by your own mum at the lights every time.

Edited by Phatboy

This is great guys! I knew that there would be an army of f*ckwits out there that we have all met! They are the sort of guys that go paintballing and think they are Rambo or go Go-Karting and think they are GP drivers. All in all I just smile and nod and prey that one day they'll pull there 10 second stock monster out for a play one day. It just always seems that whenever your around and want to see what their car reall has there's a problem. Like oh I don't have my keys here or the trans is playing up a litlle or whatever the hell they can think of.........

Great input guys. Good to know I'm not the only one out there with this hatred.

haha love this thread i got a mate with a supra thats booked into get a gt35 fmic and computer on monday for $5000 and reckons he was told it will pump out 450hp atw.

sounds a bit cheap to me i guess ill find out sometime during the week :/

I dunno. The price does sound a bit low, but Supra engines are fing tough. I've read you can put up to like 400-450rwkw through them before you need to start upgrading engine internals.

I don't even waste my breath on people who crap on that their pieces of shit or their mates pieces of shit make x power or can beat x car.

my VN has 160rwkw with a slightly lumpier cam than stock and exhaust. Thats about right for a 5 litre with the usual minor mods.

A standard VX LS1 should make ~180rwkw, a standard HSV 5litre around 135rwk or so (what i've seen off runs on a Dyno Dynamics dyno).

best mates VX SS made 240rwkw with a full twin DiFillippo exhaust and LS1 Edit. This translated into real world performance too, the only cars I can think of which were faster were a WRX with a 2.2L stroker, dogbox and a heap of other goodies, and ironically one of our mates R31's with an RB30 and a highflow ha ha ha.

My GTS-4 has a sheet for 240rwkw, but I'm thinking that CRD had a happy dyno that day or somethings out in the Microtech cause theres no way it makes that power at the moment.

Most of the genuinely fast cars i've seen don't make the most impressive dyno readings though.

This is great guys! I knew that there would be an army of f*ckwits out there that we have all met! They are the sort of guys that go paintballing and think they are Rambo or go Go-Karting and think they are GP drivers. All in all I just smile and nod and prey that one day they'll pull there 10 inch sock monster out for a play one day. It just always seems that whenever your around and want to see what their car reall has there's a problem. Like oh I don't have my keys here or the trans is playing up a litlle or whatever the hell they can think of.........

Great input guys. Good to know I'm not the only one out there with this hatred.

fag