SAU Community

R35 Gtr On 18" Te37's

Snowman

I'd heard that Nissan engineers have said the R35 GTR would be faster on 18's than they are on the stock 20's but for "symetry" reasons they had to go with the bigger wheels.

So some guy in the US has done a track day recently with the standard wheels and then back to back on some 18" TE37's (one of the few 18s that will fit over those brakes) which were fitted with Michelin Sport Cups (so probably better than the standard tyres but still IMO aren't a brilliant R comp tyre).

Anyways the results were 2 fold. One the car looks stupid so I can understand why they said they wanted the bigger wheels. But secondly the car took 3s off of its lap time on the smaller wheels on a track with around a 1.30 lap time. That's a huge jump so I might have to keep my second set of R34 GTR track wheels handy incase I ever decide to take the R35 on the track!

mg7049wc2.jpg

thanks snowy

will have to give mine a try! for the track , great lap times and cheaper tyres too.

but man that car is way to low with 18's for targa rally or other road rallies , i reckon

thanks snowy

will have to give mine a try! for the track , great lap times and cheaper tyres too.

but man that car is way to low with 18's for targa rally or other road rallies , i reckon

I agree completely about probably being too low for Targa - but 19's might be a great comprimise. 3s is HUGE as you know mate.

(He officially went from a 1.42.8 to a 1.39.7).

But since you have some TE37's anyways I'd suggest you give them a shot at QR and see how you go.