SAU Community

Dead Spider In Tachos/gauges

A small huntsman has decided to die in my oil pressure gauge behind the glass on the main ..thing *i dont know what to calll it*

is there an easy way to get the glass off and get the thing out.. can i take the glass off just with the 2 screws on the sunshade part above the steering wheel.. sorry if this isnt making sence :S

if what im saying is to hard to understand ill take some pics

A small huntsman has decided to die in my oil pressure gauge behind the glass on the main ..thing *i dont know what to calll it*

is there an easy way to get the glass off and get the thing out.. can i take the glass off just with the 2 screws on the sunshade part above the steering wheel.. sorry if this isnt making sence :S

if what im saying is to hard to understand ill take some pics

r u talking about the "instrument cluster"? which is the instrument display with the mileage, speedo etc etc?

generally they come out, but ALOT OF screws in some cars and very fiddly to take out.

and sometimes in some cars the instrument cluster comes out but the plastic display screen does not come off the unit.

im not too sure about R33 GTS-25t.

i would suggest find the Workshop manual. and it should have some info on how to remove and install.

im pretty sure you can get to it pretty easily, its been a while since i touched mine. 20min job to get out if you know how to take your centre dash console off.

I had a big hunsman that would run across the windscreen once in a while for months...would scare the jebus outta me. found it dead in the engine bay.

I used to park my daily at night across the street under some gum trees. :yucky:

I've never seen so many Huntsmen spiders in my life, until a bushie told me that they come down off the trees at night.

Back then, I used to scare the living daylights out of the check-out chicks in the Drive-thrus.

lolz :mad:

lmao this is hilarious, i get ants here and there, i find them on the car, inside it sometimes, not huge masses, but one or two here and there, so tempted to let off a bug bomb under the car outside or something

Jam a small bird in there to get it, but then you will need to jam a small cat in-ect ect

Sorry.

GENIUS!

Then when you remove the dash cluster, you can sell it to one of those freaks who collect 'bonsai cats'

bonsaikitten_250.jpg

should make enough for a new cluster and have some change :banana:

This sir is a horrific topic. I could not get in the car at all should it be dead or alive...however dont they shed their skins? could the bigger newer improved model be waiting to launch its attack when you least suspect it?

Jam a small bird in there to get it, but then you will need to jam a small cat in-ect ect

Sorry.

but then u need a dog to get in to catch the cat

you jammed the cat to catch the bird ...

you jammed the bird to catch the spider ...

That wriggled and jiggled and wiggled inside

then ull need to jam a goat to catch the dog............

:(