SAU Community

i wantn's speeding, i just didnt slow down for the corner. and it was a one way road (which i was going the right way on)

i dont mean skilled driver in the sence of racing and drifting and what not (i cant afford to drive like that, need my licence) i mean skilled as in most cases when i im in a bad situation (like something jumps out at me or i loose traction) i respond correctly. I have done skilled driver corces, and grew up on farms driving cars. im not saying im a pro and im not over confident, but compaired to most drivers i have gone in the car with i am better.

I know i f**ked up and im paying for it. I expect friends and family to tease me for it. Though i will get offended when someone that has never even met me to jump to conclusions is a little unfair.

oh and mudbung, pretty sure your explination is better. i just like the saying, my old boss used to say it all the time infact i saw him later that day and it was the first thing he said when i told him what happend.

As for progress on fixing the car though. its costing me $1015 to fix the car, it mainly the rods and bottom ends of the suspention that need to be replaiced. Having a little trobble with rims though, i cant get another of the same ones that i had on it and my Dad found a set today at a swap meet, though he doesnt really know what to look for and when i got too look at them i found that 2 of them had craked spokes. so now i have 5 rims 3 of one kind and 2 of another and 3 spair tyers.

So if anyones looking for a some 17"s to rip through, pm me. I could really use the cash for buying a new set.

Yea dont worry about it mate. we P-platers cop alot of sh!t. there are alot of stupid p-platers who think that their probationary licence means that they have a CAMS licence to for some reason. and they think that they are all it.

p-platers have a bad reputation, as soon as u mention p-plater, everyone gets scared, thinking that they are going to get killed from a speeding p-plater. in reality, theres more safe p-platers then dangerous ones. but it stupid the way that p-platers are made put to be these days.

for example, if a p-plater hit a car driven by an old couple of a family, the media automatically would say- dangerous hoons, speeding p-plater nearly kills family etc

but if the old couple caused the accident, there wouldnt even be a mention in the papers or anything. just the ways things are these days.

hope all goes well with your car mate!!

Similiar thing happened to me. I have the exact same car as you too, 1995 R33 Series 1. Only had it for about a month and i'm also a P Plater.

It was raining heavy and i accelerated a bit too hard out of a roundabout, slid a bit, over-corrected because i didn't know what to do and my car ending up spinning. Crashed into some trees, my car was pointing in the complete opposite direction to the direction in which i was travelling.

You got off easy though, it's costing me $8533.40 to fix mine.

But yeah i know exactly how you feel. I felt like crying when it happened since i was just driving home from work at like 11pm at night. Was going real slow, like 25km/hr or 30km/hr around the roundabout, next minute i'm down a ditch which people driving past yelling insults like "Get a real car like a commodore" etc. And everyone staring. I swear if i had a shotgun with me, i would have shot them all, i was so angry.

Mines still being fixed, been in there for about a month or so. There waiting on parts to come in from Japan.

i've had a similar thing happen to me... my car got broken into window smashed n $10 taken out of $15 (f*cken retards) anyways, the next day i was taking the car to my dads friends shop to get the window replaced n i was going through kinda like an S bend n realized i was in the wrong lane, so me thinking i'm so smart i accelerated to try n get in front of the car next to me... ended up going over a gutter n damaging my rim, breaking my shocker in half, my steering arm bent, needed a new rack n pinion and some other shit...

for everything including the window it was $2500 and 3 or 4 weeks without the car.

i still cop shit for it today lol, n now i've learnt not to be as much as a sick c**t around corners :D

You got off easy though, it's costing me $8533.40 to fix mine.

s**t man, my r33 only cost 9k and arnt imports cheeper in qld. sorry to hear that man.

Got my baby back today, just need to find new rims looks like i have a pair of 17's for burnout tyers.

s**t man, my r33 only cost 9k and arnt imports cheeper in qld. sorry to hear that man.

Got my baby back today, just need to find new rims looks like i have a pair of 17's for burnout tyers.

I've got no idea if they are cheaper here.

I paid 13k for mine and that was a good price too, the guy could have sold it 3 times in the time that i put down my deposit and the time that i actually bought it. That's not 3 people looking at it either, i think about 8 people looked at it but yeah 3 said they'll buy it for 13k but i already had my deposit on it. I was stoked when i got it, i'd been looking at cars for about 4 months waiting for a good one to pop up.

But yeah now its been in the smash repair'ers for around a month, still hasn't got all the parts in. When he does he said its going to be at least 2 weeks to fix it. I REALLY want it before Christmas, i'll have nothing to do on the holidays without a car.

if only we got the 1997 gts..i know my 96 one doesnt....dam wheels lock up ....i think, im not postive though..but i think it came with abs brakes...

similar thing happened to me, hit a gutter very hard 2k worth of damage on wheel, control arm,rods ect...=[ took me like 3weeks to get my car back.

hey man tough break shame to beat up a nice black N/a like that hehehe mines black to

dont worry to much everyone crashes on there p's well not everyone but alot of people i wrote off my parents brand new focus in a ditch ( good times) a mate rolled his commy vx lol serves that car rite oh then got it fixed only to be t boned at 100 kms/h and put in intensive care with punctured lung that was unlucky and anouther mate got his p's went for a drive that night and hit a tree by by that commy again. but hes fine

what im trying to say is it happens bro dont worry but it u can always make more money hope u get it back on the road dont see to many black n/a's they all marron or white

You sound arrogant...

Don't worry, so does nearly every single P-Plater and half the licenced drivers out there...

You're a pretty skilled driver, but you weren't paying attention.

Too quick into a corner.

Hit kerb.

Yep, pretty skilled there.

1) Skilled drivers pay attention.

2) Skilled drivers don't go into corners too quick

3) Skilled drivers don't hit things normally.

4) Skilled drivers don't start with "Not to sound arrogant, but..."

You're a P-Plater mate, you still don't know the first thing about driving really except how to put it into gear, stop start, kinda turn, and change lanes.., Even then, half the P platers out there (And fully licenced drivers) can't do those things!

Not to give you too much of a bashing, but you have A LOT to learn, and hopefully, you do learn from this accident (Unfortunately again, most P Platers don't, they just think themselves invincible)

hahahahahaahahahhahhhaha thats great, ive been driving for 18yrs and started driving in old school v8s and shit, stuff that does not drive it self like cars these days! so i can laugh.... but it sucks man hope you get it sorted and i should not make fun at you sorry.

Edited by STLKHR