SAU Community

What Conrods?

two_evil

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP 1000HP RB26dett..........

How much it cost to build. I wanted a 23-30 hybrid and was promised only 550rwhp. And it was going to cost me $16K.

Did it cost you a mortgage on the house to get that power, as I have been led to believe?

Not directly on point but when I asked Mark at Mazuroski at Mazworx in the US about whether to use Eagle rods or Manley Turbo Tuff rods in my SR his email response was:

"Anything over 400hp we like to use the Manley's".

My take is that cheaper aftermarket rods will hold a decent hp.....the question tho' is for how long.

honestly, if you can afford to build and maintain a genuine 1000hp RB engine, you can afford carrillo's. :(

This is truth, when you compare price say, 700 to 1700, in the great scheme its nothing. Not to mention if it puts a hole in the side of your shiny new N1 block.

Is there a recipe for a 1000hp gtr engine thats reliable these days? Or is each engine still a an engine that is developed over time, possibly blown up a couple of times till the tune is just right?

Any variation in fuel quality could cause a blow up so such engines would have to be being run on race only fuels, so that 1000hp figure would be an off the street, on the dyno/track figure right?

the 1000hp mark would be with race fuel, still 750rwhp would be good 4 street use or maybe highway :P

Also has anyone here use crower rods before and how do rate?

Edited by two_evil

i would only use as stated before, carillo, jun, argo and pauter...

eagles in a 1000hp motor, no way id be using 500 dollar rods....

they are made in china aswell, there is a reason they are cheap......

i went with argo rods, they are very very solid and well designed... have seen them runnning nearly 900rwhp so they are a good thing

i think pauter are great rods but are probably a little of the skinny/light side for 1000hp

as others have stated carillo have a very good name