SAU Community

Fitted New Front Mount

Dunno

Hey guys i just fitted FMIC to my r33 gtst but now when its starts comin onto boost it splutters for a bit and backfires (it makes a big bang) the only thing i could think off was the line from the wastegate that went to the standard intercooler pipe has no where to go now so i tried blocking it and it still does it can anyone help pls

Thanks in advance

its only got zorst, bov and now the fmic. ive adjusted the blow off valve its one of them turbo smart ones with the 2 trumpets.and seems better but im not 100% the police where out so i cldnt do to much and i blew one of the pipes off (scared the S#@t outta me sounded like a gun shot)

Ill take it to my mechanic 2morrow to get the nipple fitted at the moment ive blocked it does this mean that it will be +++++ boost

i also have a PFC but it hasnt been hooked up yet wld it hurt to hook that up and take it for a drive with the base map just to see what comes up?

thanks for the help :ph34r:

Your spluttering would've been because one of your clamps on a join wasn't done up properly, hence why it blew off. It would've been leaking out air under pressure, thus the car is adding fuel for XX amount of air, but only X is making it to the motor....thus overfueling.

And you need that hose that goes to the actuator to have a pressure signal, cos if you don't, the wastegate won't open.....

Hang on a minute guys...he is talking about a line from the waste gate that has no where to go!!!

The only line I can think of on the stock waste gate which just happens to be a VERY VERY IMPORTANT one...It is the actuator feedback line!!

Dood it sounds like you are hitting airflow cut because your waste gate is just not functioning at all because it is getting zero boost feedback. This is bad!! It is NOT a tuning issue, it is a functionality issue.

Dont drive your car like this (off boost is ok only if you have too). On boost you have a fair chance stuffing your turbo because atm the boost is not controlled...

You need to plumb that line back into anywhere between you compressor outlet and your throttle body...doesn't really matter where.

LOL... if it's a skyline and it backfires, it must be afm/spark/leak/coil related.

I wonder if other people actually read this part of his post..

the line from the wastegate that went to the standard intercooler pipe has no where to go now so i tried blocking it and it still does it

:)

the above = unlimited boost.

Stock ECU R33 with unlimited boost = cough, splutter, backfire at about 11psi (well apart from **RB3530** - his one is a little special)

Stock ECU R33 with unlimited boost = cough, splutter, backfire at about 11psi (well apart from **RB3530** - his one is a little special)

I think you mean cough,splutter,bang as the exhaust wheel leaves the equation

Hang on a minute guys...he is talking about a line from the waste gate that has no where to go!!!

The only line I can think of on the stock waste gate which just happens to be a VERY VERY IMPORTANT one...It is the actuator feedback line!!

Dood it sounds like you are hitting airflow cut because your waste gate is just not functioning at all because it is getting zero boost feedback. This is bad!! It is NOT a tuning issue, it is a functionality issue.

Dont drive your car like this (off boost is ok only if you have too). On boost you have a fair chance stuffing your turbo because atm the boost is not controlled...

You need to plumb that line back into anywhere between you compressor outlet and your throttle body...doesn't really matter where.

LOL... if it's a skyline and it backfires, it must be afm/spark/leak/coil related.

:blink:

its only got zorst, bov and now the fmic. ive adjusted the blow off valve its one of them turbo smart ones with the 2 trumpets.and seems better but im not 100% the police where out so i cldnt do to much and i blew one of the pipes off (scared the S#@t outta me sounded like a gun shot)

Ill take it to my mechanic 2morrow to get the nipple fitted at the moment ive blocked it does this mean that it will be +++++ boost

i also have a PFC but it hasnt been hooked up yet wld it hurt to hook that up and take it for a drive with the base map just to see what comes up?

thanks for the help :D

It was a boost leak because a clamp/join wasn't properly fitted, that is why the pipe blew off.

The cough splutter backfire is from overfuelling because it's not receiving all the air that was metered.

But yes, the actuator line is an important one. Get a pressure signal to it asap to avoid turbo failure.

Edited by KeyMaker

problem solved i got a nipple put on to the intake pipe for the actuator hose to go back on apparantly without that hose the car was basically running as much boost as it could lucky i didnt i didnt thrash it :blink:

Thanks for the help guys