SAU Community

Rattle Under Car

zonk

Hey when i bought my car it had a slight rattle sound coming from underneath.. The rattle sound would only come on if my foot wasnt on the gas it sounds like a rock hitting something or a bit of metal knocking against something. After a month of having my car I was nearrly involved in a acident which caused me mount a curb to miss this car. Lucky no cosmetic damage was done but it made a big Boom when i hit the curb..(I hit the front tyre and yer did a sorta bunny hop over it).. I pulled over to check if any damage and yer none as i said.. then i start driving and i notice after a few minutes that the rattle sound was gone.. I WAS LIKE WOOOPP WOOOP.. then just today ive hit a curb by being a fkn idiot having my seet all the way down and driving gangsta styles lol.. And now the rattle has come back to haunt me.. If anyone would be able to help me with this curb ball :P its doing my head in already .. makes me not want to drive my car :P and i love driving !!! HELP PLZZZ

i mounted an island once because some old man with a stupid acubra hat didnt keep his lane,,,,, I used to get a grinding sound when i put the car in reverse or when i dropped the gear without accelterating, it sounded like stone grinding..... anyway lifted it up and it was a piece of mettal that got bent and was rubbing on the rear axle, i just bent it out of the way..... cant remeber if the metal was from one of the exhaust mounts or an axle guard...

anyway it would be something simple like that

IM going to get it checked out tomoz.. a mate of mine he looked under my car and where the cat is like that metal shield going over . he taped it with a bottle and it sorta made the same sound.. but yer im gona take it in tomoz get it up on the hoist and diagnose this mother licker.. no more gangsta driving low rider styles haha :banana:

There used to be a rattlin noise on my r32 comin from the exhaust. I always thought that noise was a hole in the exhaust until a few days ago I took it to the mechanic and he removed the factory heat shield near the cat and now the rattlin is gone. :P

i took it to the mechanic the other day it was heat shield the bit on the exhaust which makes ur exhaust sound softer dno what its called i forgot.. but that was rubbing against the little turbine that spins (located dead in the middle under the car) dno what thats called lol .. But gona get it fixed and just remove that shield i think it is and get a 3 inch pipe and stick it in and chuck out the shield thingy lol... so gona be alot louder :down:

Edited by zonk