SAU Community

It Had To Happen Sooner Or Later

ecenshu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also heard a week or 2 ago that over the next 6 weeks the cops are having a crack down on all Jap imports. Heard from a cop who pulled this person over. I would show the txt message but lost it.

Hearsay? You said, someone said, the cop said. Prob just scare tactics.

sounds like a typical knee jerk in reaction to that poor kid in the subi.

The Subi accident wasn't 1-2 weeks ago was it?

Hearsay? You said, someone said, the cop said. Prob just scare tactics.

Yes I know there's little depth in a comment like that, but better me say 'this may be true' then to keep it to myself.

Kahli told me about it and showed me a txt she got from the person who got pulled over and told it by the cop.

I also heard a week or 2 ago that over the next 6 weeks the cops are having a crack down on all Jap imports. Heard from a cop who pulled this person over. I would show the txt message but lost it.

I would believe it....My brother went in to buy lunch at subway and came out to find 2 car loads of cops waiting to go over his car (R33 Standard ride height 17 inch rims) and yes he was defected.

I would believe it....My brother went in to buy lunch at subway and came out to find 2 car loads of cops waiting to go over his car (R33 Standard ride height 17 inch rims) and yes he was defected.

What did they get him for then?

He should have eaten in ... and stayed in :P

I see cops hanging around like vultures around my car, I'm just going to pretend I don't own the car and find something else to do for a while. :D

That'd be a good use of resources: two car loads of cops hanging around a car park for hours on end doing nothing. :wub:

Edited by RubyRS4

I see cops hanging around like vultures around my car, I'm just going to pretend I don't own the car and find something else to do for a while. :D

That'd be a good use of resources: two car loads of cops hanging around a car park for hours on end doing nothing. :wub:

Did exactly that one night at the Lakes.

Walked out after tea and saw a cop car parked right next to mine with the passenger looking into my car. I just walked on past said good evening and kept going. Sat down by the lake for a good 30 minutes,came back to the car, no cops in sight so I got in and drove home. Easy.

The point i was making about standard ride height 17 inch rims was it looked very stock to someone who was just driving past.

I said the same thing should have kept walking but he said his car was around the corner of the shop and they got him by surprise. Anyone who's familiar with Pt Adelaide Subway would understand the carpark i'm talking about.

Just a heads up. There is no stipulation in the regulations that you must have a spare tyre in the car upon presenting your car to Regency ie the new minis do not have a spare tyre. I had to present my car again due to the space saver not having a tag with the maximun km. Removed the space tyre - fixed. Also with the 4 week delay in presenting your car to Regency if your car has been defected for a minor defect ie turbo timer you can get a extension of your defect to the day you present your car to Regency. You do this by talking to your local copper and getting an extension signed on the defect notice. Also with the delay in Regency some cars will actually run out of registration before the Regency appointment. To get around this you take your reregistration form and defect notice with the extension to the rego office and demand a Temporary Permit To Drive An Unregistered Vehicle Issued subject to section 16 (1) of the Motor Vehicled Act. The idiots behind the counter at the rego office will not know about it. Demand to see the supervisor. You then pay for 3 months registration and you can only drive the car upto and on the day you present your car to Regency. You then present the receipt to the rego office on the day and get the rego sticker. The whole point of this is to minimise the inconvenience of not being able to drive your car.

since when didn't they start cracking down on imports? i knew it from the time normal police officers can issue defects and they jacked up the inspection price

Edited by nos man

There's a huge amount of cops going around in the past few days - and I mean huge. It's like they've all come out the woodwork since that WRX crash and since the lovely Advertiser likes to say "WRX in the wrong hands is deadly..." but that's another story!

The point i was making about standard ride height 17 inch rims was it looked very stock to someone who was just driving past.

I said the same thing should have kept walking but he said his car was around the corner of the shop and they got him by surprise. Anyone who's familiar with Pt Adelaide Subway would understand the carpark i'm talking about.

Sucks to be him then. :P Maybe he could have just said he saw the car earlier and walked around to have another look. ?

So what did they do him for?

Here's the current version.. i called up Vehicles Standards and asked the gentleman to send it over.

IB44__August_2008_long_Version.pdf August 2008

Thank you very much for that one.

One of the more useful pieces of info, and I've wanted an updated version of that document for a while now after hearing different numbers from a variety of sources.

Big ups to Howie. :P

Got my defect virginity busted last night on the way to dinner...wasn't driving like a tool, wasn't speeding, not even a breath test and he even said "After 25 years on the highway, you can spot a car thats too low". Got done for eyebrow height, 325/305 when it should be 345/355...the rears are 5cm! I didn't even remember my rears looking so high!

Only annoyed that all the little things that I've been putting off needs to be done right now.

Anyone got a checklist for things to do? I can just plug my stock ECU back in running R34 N1's right?

wow, uve been driving around with a car that low and only just got defected? id be counting urself pretty damn lucky.

btw do we really need a new thread for a single defect? its the same question every time, not to be an arsehole but if every import driver posted up when they got defected ud have no room left for any other topics.

That PDF is way out of date.

Speak to Vehicle standards they too will tell you it has changed.

For example the R32 GTST used to be 360mm all round.

Now its 345mm front 355mm rear.

correct, and the book cops carry says this as well which is the main thing at least, well actually the cop i most recently had said 345 for the rear, but i think he just got it around the wrong way.