SAU Community

Shopping Trolly

nism0man

today i was parked at a little store to grab some drinks with my brother just before work. we were sitting in my car just waiting for my car to cool off before i turned off the ignition. and to my suprise i saw a shooping trolly rolling towards my car....then everything seemed like it was in slow motion.....BASH!!!......into my passenger side door.....i got out and ran over to see wat had happened......the side of my gtr was left with a big scratch GRRRRRRRRRRRR......i then ran over to see who was to blame to what happened to my car...it was some old lady getting ready to drive off until i jumped in the way an stopped her.....i told her that she left a trolly off a slope and it bashed not onli into my car but someone elses car too. i asked for her details, she then went and told me that she was 70 and she lived alone had no insurance and that she was on pension. at this point i just left it and walked away in frustration...i still wonder to myself if i should have gotten her details or if i did the right thing an just let it go....but even now im still frustrated as hell that my baby has a scratch down the side of it.

sorry abt this guys just venting some anger.....GGRRRRR shit like this should never happen

id make her pay.....

some old man backed into my car and said he wasnt at fault

angry me gave his car a nice kick and called it evens

almost happened to me once too (from the trolley boy!) lucky i swerved in time

hope the damage aint to bad!

What if one day she fails to pull the handbrake on infront of a car yard full of Aston Martin's?

How i see it if you cant afford insurance, you cant afford a car therefore you shouldn't be able to drive.

I think that's rude, she could have at least invited you for some tea and scones.

Im pretty sure even if she was insured because its in a car park the insurance wont cover it anyway? Someone scraped the side of my wifes R34 in a car park and did a runner, we got the plate etc but the insurance company wudnt do SFA coz its in a carpark?

Im pretty sure even if she was insured because its in a car park the insurance wont cover it anyway? Someone scraped the side of my wifes R34 in a car park and did a runner, we got the plate etc but the insurance company wudnt do SFA coz its in a carpark?

Damn, I'd ditch your insurer,

They should treat it as someone vandalizing your car/car accident/hit and run

today i was parked at a little store to grab some drinks with my brother just before work. we were sitting in my car just waiting for my car to cool off before i turned off the ignition. and to my suprise i saw a shooping trolly rolling towards my car....then everything seemed like it was in slow motion.....BASH!!!......into my passenger side door.....i got out and ran over to see wat had happened......the side of my gtr was left with a big scratch GRRRRRRRRRRRR......i then ran over to see who was to blame to what happened to my car...it was some old lady getting ready to drive off until i jumped in the way an stopped her.....i told her that she left a trolly off a slope and it bashed not onli into my car but someone elses car too. i asked for her details, she then went and told me that she was 70 and she lived alone had no insurance and that she was on pension. at this point i just left it and walked away in frustration...i still wonder to myself if i should have gotten her details or if i did the right thing an just let it go....but even now im still frustrated as hell that my baby has a scratch down the side of it.

sorry abt this guys just venting some anger.....GGRRRRR shit like this should never happen

That sucks dude i am sorry to hear that its is y i park alll the way up back so no one can hit my sky my girl gets all ripped @ me.She thinks i lov my R34 more than her lol. I hate when things like that happen i had a person reverse in 2 me then leave me a faulse number and name. that sucked as well

Wtf im 70 and on pension.. Well lady looks like ur pension is going to me for the next couple months.. Hell no karma bullshit doesnt work its all made up myths... i would of made her pay straight out

how I look at is it was not her driving or her car that caused the damage to your car so why the f**k would insurance even come into it - your insurance will however cover it as will most likely her house and contents policy, strange I know but that comes with PL insurance to cover this very type of thing most times.

as for the comment about car park, don't think so mate, comprehensive or third party insurance is to cover negligent driving of the insured motor vehicle no matter where the driving occurred.

Let me know guess, they told you that and you said okay.....

next time that happens tell them you want the decision appealed through their internal process and if that fails go to the insurance ombudsmen

I would still make her pay something, if she doesn't have the $ to pay for the total cost of the spray then make her pay 1/2 or 1/3 of it.

They get $490 per fortnight from center link!!!

Thats like 6 days of 5hr part time work for me!

Then again, I'm just very cheap when it comes to $, runs down in the family...