SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Air Con Problem

1600r32

hi i have a gtst, had a new motor put in regased the A/C and its still blowing hot air.

had a thought the compressor maybe shot because it doesnt "click" but would like some advise if anyone has had a similar problem.

If there's no click from the engine and noticable jump in the engine vibration from the compressor engaging then the compressor might be at fault.

The other common is the blend door being broken (sits in behind the centre stack and to the left of the driver side foot well) You can test it by quite easily by adjusting the settings and seeing if the door is moving. They sometimes pop of the ever that actuates them and sometimes they are busted.

See how you go and let us know.

If there's no click from the engine and noticable jump in the engine vibration from the compressor engaging then the compressor might be at fault.

The other common is the blend door being broken (sits in behind the centre stack and to the left of the driver side foot well) You can test it by quite easily by adjusting the settings and seeing if the door is moving. They sometimes pop of the ever that actuates them and sometimes they are busted.

See how you go and let us know.

cheers for the post,

tried the bleed door, seems to operate properly. i'm guessing its the compressor but i'm unsure how to fix myself and unsure who to take it to. i have a spare compressor off the old block but that needs a re-con.

cheers,

craig.

I just read my post, nice typos lol woops.

Anyway,

If it's not clicking/engaging then you'll likely need an air-con place to check it out. Ask a few mates see if they know or can recommend anyone and always ask for a quote before any work takes place. Be sure to clarify if the quote is free also.

Good luck,

hi i have a gtst, had a new motor put in regased the A/C and its still blowing hot air.

had a thought the compressor maybe shot because it doesnt "click" but would like some advise if anyone has had a similar problem.

Hey mate im a Refrigeration mechanic by trade i had the same problem as you on my R32 i got a hole in my condensor and lost all my R12 refrig is yours R12 or R134a also btw but with mine it was the climet control telling the heater to come on theres a heater solinoid behind ya head on ya heater pipes on the firewall in the engine bay repace that and ya should be sweet fixed mine anyways mate cheers ben

• 2 weeks later...
no other idea's anyone?

Run the climate control diagnostics first to see if any sensors are playing up. The compressor is switched on via the ECU which receives a signal from the climate control. I had the intake air temp sensor fail in my R32 (it read below 0degs) so the climate wouldn't switch the AC. Solution was a 10c resistor which corrected the sensor and allowed the AC to switch on.

If the sensors all check out ok, you will the need to check the pressure switch (in front of the radiator on drivers side) which protects the compressor when the gas pressure is low. Continuity across the switch will imply good gas pressure. If the pressure is low the switch will be open and won't feed power to the compressor.

Check the DIY section for running the climate diagnostics.

Hope this helps.

if wanting to do a quick check to rule out some main parts

1. check to see that when the a\c is turned on the entire face of the compressor spins

2. if first test is passed there are two hoses entering the firewall behind the stock turbo one above the other switch off and plug them off and join with a small pipe and hose clamps.

test the a\c again. if it cools you can rule out the compressor, the condensor, the dryer, the need for gas and a few other things.

if not you will have to resort to the previous problems stated in the posts