SAU Community

Oran Park 20/12/08 Ian Luff Track Attack Special

Bozman1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mattman

Of course you can come to take some pics. HAHA and yes I know who you are :)

Did you want to come Neil? The Radical is welcome as it is really not an open wheeler ( no exposed wheels )

I instruct at the Radical days, so if you would like to come out and play you are most welcome to. Has it got a passenger seat so I can come for a ride ??

After todays effort my old "slow" GTR should be able to make it.

We didnt break anything to major, just needs some AWD back and a few new master cylinders.

Shame you missed today at wakefield John.

Was kinda an interesting day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Got your PM's, but for some reason I have never been able to reply tp them :)

Still spots left. Ring the office monday-friday 9.00am-5.00pm (02) 9829 5399

Cost is per person, not per car.

Hope to see you next weekend :)

Did you want to come Neil? The Radical is welcome as it is really not an open wheeler ( no exposed wheels )

I instruct at the Radical days, so if you would like to come out and play you are most welcome to. Has it got a passenger seat so I can come for a ride ??

I would have loved to John but I need the car corner weighted and aligned which didn't happen last Saturday unfortunately.

Sorry no passenger seat in a Prosport mate. My steering wheel is pushed more to the left than an SR3.

Have a merry christmas John and don't work to hard.

Neil.

any good places to hire a trailer? ryde area or penrith area?

Buddy,,,hiring a trailer is a hit and miss affair,,,most of them are crap. No brakes,,no tie down points ect.

Good luck is all I can offer you,,,then again it's only at Oran Park so if you it take slow you should be alright.

Neil.

yeah that starlet looks tough!!!

what times was it doing?

The starlet was funny as!!! Not sure the times it was doing the thing was breaking traction all over the place :( Lofty was having a ball!

Yeah that starlet was damn quick, as you would expect from basically a full on race car setup...

It was a good day, my first track event ever and I was getting 55.8 (handtimed) on end of their life nangkangs, they were mushy by the end of each run... Damn I flogged them...

A great day had by all. Thankyou to those who turned up :banana: Lofty in the starlet was doing 47's. Not bad for a car that is only 1800cc, has a restictor on the turbo and had yokohama controlled semi's on all fours that were 3 years old. It was the cars very first run, so will be faster by the time it rolls out for its first race meeting in late January.

For those of you that don't know it is built to Improved Production Car regs ( IPRA )

Mattman, your photo's are awesome as usual :)

• Latest Posts

• Easy ill check again  So its not related any cas timing issue?
    • I use large labelled stackable storage bins (70l and 102L from same company). I have a wall in my shed lined with them of parts I don't need everyday(Spare parts, fabrication material, piping, tubing, etc.). The rest of the stuff I use more often is in smaller wall mountable bins in the garage (Plumbing, electrical, etc.). 
    • Checked all hoses looks good  just removed cas and replaced rocker gasket   when i start this happened 
    • This is a great thread and going to be super helpful for me too.  We moved into this place 3 years ago and the single garage has a really high ceiling, enough for a lift, but the car has never even been in there. I have so many BMW parts and even a heap of parts from my R33's, the last of which I sold about 20 years ago. I'm sure I still have a HICAS lock bar.  I also have a saltwater aquarium and I have so many pumps and lights and supplements for that.  I really just need to chip away. Sort whats to keep, throw and sell. Like you guys I hate dealing with people online when selling stuff and I try to avoid it but a lot of this stuff will be useful to somebody and we already throw so much out.   I have lots of shelves, but they're not well organised or stacked so I need to start there probably.