SAU Community

Hit My Car On Gutter, Steering Is Ruined, Whats The Problem?

ey, it was raining and i hit the gutter and went over it.. there was no external damage however my steering became alot lighter and it wasnt straight, so basically i had to steer right to go straight.

anyone know what the problem is and how much it is to fix?

Thanks!

ey, it was raining and i hit the gutter and went over it.. there was no external damage however my steering became alot lighter and it wasnt straight, so basically i had to steer right to go straight.

Thanks!

How hard did you hit it? If your lucky, it might just need a wheel alignment, however, considering that its lighter, not just veering to the left, it could be more serious, bent something etc. I'd probably take it into a Tyre shop and get them to look at it.

Thanks!

wheel alignments are cheap.....so thats if your lucky

i recall someone who driften onto the gutter...

which required changing most of the suspension.....if thats the case, make sure u start saving up

had a laugh at your title..lol.

i was driving in the wet once, lost it on a corner over corrected and hit a gutter head on. at least when i hit it i made sure the wheels were pointing straight before humping it. blew a tyre and buggered alignment. only cost me a new pair of tyres and two wheel alignments cause the first place couldnt do the job properly.

take it to a reputable tyre place and get them to check and do a wheel alignment. quite simple really. if somethings broke or bent they will tell you and you will find out how much to fix. they should not fix it without asking you firs tso you wont be surprised with a larger than average bill. I stress take it to a reputable suspension place. if you are in melb i can reccomend you one or two.

i scraped my rim to the max too LOL

i hope its the allignment then,

but its steering alot lighter, anyone know what it is? :S

Also, what about the axle? Few mates of mine say i coulda barred that,

also i buckled a rim, can i buy single ones somewhere?

I'm in melbourne,

IS beaurepairs a good place to go?

Edited by Luckieee

thought u were going to get it looked @ today hence i recommended a tire shop, cos theyre normally open 7days. if you are getting it looked @ during the week , take it to a suspension place that does alignments. where u from?

Like i said if something were to be bent its probably a lower control arm, or steering rack. Hope your rack hasnt snapped?? could explain the light steering. if so i wouldnt be driving.

Just have a look under the front car and inspect

where can i get cheap alignment done? :D

i guess you'r not heeding my adivce to go to a proper suspension place hey?

Traction tyres rowville is where i take my car to or you can try Centreline if your on the other side of town. The guys at Traction tyres are a class act and will tell you what needs to be done to fix things and nothing more. $66-$77 for front and back from memory. Should be cheaper for just a front end alignment.

g/luck with it.

so they got they told u that your control arm is damaged and charged for a wheel alignment!! if your control arm is bent, they wouldn't be able to align your car properly. i would take it elsewhere, ie try the ones recommended by the guys above. and if its confirmed that your contorl arm is bent get it fixed and demand a refund for the dodgy work done @ beaurepairs. if u have any issues call the dept of fair trading or the beaurepairs head office.

if you need a control arm, check out some of the wrecks in the for sale section. or call some local import wreckers.