SAU Community

Should We Put A Stop To Organised 'regular' Cruises

Cubes

that opens a new can of worms, if everything starts meshing with the police, and we have these happy little SAU cruises all it would take is one chirped 2nd gear by someone on a cruise or by someone wearing a sticker before SAU is attacked on ACA etc and the actual owner and the host of this site may find himself in strife?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've never said let him pop hoods, has anyone said that? and i dont think anyone else here wants that to happen??? seriousaly!

and most of us know that once we get that X next to our name/car were just bigger targets

I never said you did. :S

As for the rest.. read my first post if it is myself you are referring to who usually doesn't attend these cruises.

My post has been misunderstood.

I was simply reinforcing my first reply to Cara. Nothing more nothing less.

--

what are you going to say to Neil "sorry we cant have you attend a cruise coz SAU has 'banned' them, but dont look on our fourms becuase we still actually have them"? im pritty sure that is just asking for trouble! am i the only person who can see that?

We need to know what Kellie has arranged with Neil. If she has came across as representing SAU with the cruises she organised or just 'her' cruises not being affiliated with SAU.

If Neil has been on these forums he knows its simply a gathering of people. Definitely not a 'club'.

i think the biggest problem here is that everyone is freaking out because they don't know what was said, people have jumped to conclusions pretty quickly and are freaking out - i didn't over hear the entire conversation BUT we noticed the undercover car parked on the street first which was joined by a marked car shortly before they approached us. from what i heard them say, they came to say g'day because one was less than impressed by a thread dedicated to him in this sa section and he was pretty annoyed (understandably)

as i've said before it's the hero's ruining it for us all - not just those that think they can impress people by ripping a skid at a meet point or on a cruise but also those that act tough behind their computer screens. it's just snowballing really, that thread should have been locked down and the members warned/banned by the mods for police bashing but it wasn't and was left to get out of hand - now we've all gotta face the repercussions of some random douche. we are all tarred by the one brush

imo ever1 needs to chill out heaps..... its blown so far outa proportion its not funny...

cubes my constructive critosisim for you is your a mod... i think it should have started as a

do we ban yes or no

and what are ways around it

i think putting your foot forwood has started a shit fight..... on another note,

neil is a champ, he was there to make sure we had good tyers, all panels on, not 5 turbos hanging off and a zorst the size of a chimney!

he really wasnt fussed at the odd pod and what ever eles...

for those who cant hack being pulled over.... DONT GO!!!! simple as that dont have to ruin it for every1 eles and get it banned just coz u cant go! and if u do good work! its part of the deal with owning an import

my txt msg system is gna cost me a few $ but thats all good... its working HEAPS well i no have over 35 stag drivers number! and its like a day after i posted!

kelly is within her rights totaly to inform cops if she likes... by rocking up you agree to playing by her rules... if thats poping bonnets due to police presence so be it... (not that she will organise that its just got to be covered)

you agree to no drive like a tool all the way... the odd spool here and there... were all guilty lets face it!

imo its like the organisers throwing a dinner party or sumthing.. you wouldnt run rampid in the house so y do it on that persons cruise??

our stag cruises are a get together, chat, look, take pics, talk shit and drive... a member made the comment that we did more chillin than driving! were within our rights to chill in a car park and talk... if the cops are sus they will rock up and look around, but its the same as any thing! i think thats all i have to say... i was at work today writing shit on old dockets to remember them!! shows how much its rocked a few of our boats!!

i think the biggest problem here is that everyone is freaking out because they don't know what was said, people have jumped to conclusions pretty quickly and are freaking out - i didn't over hear the entire conversation BUT we noticed the undercover car parked on the street first which was joined by a marked car shortly before they approached us. from what i heard them say, they came to say g'day because one was less than impressed by a thread dedicated to him in this sa section and he was pretty annoyed (understandably)

as i've said before it's the hero's ruining it for us all - not just those that think they can impress people by ripping a skid at a meet point or on a cruise but also those that act tough behind their computer screens. it's just snowballing really, that thread should have been locked down and the members warned/banned by the mods for police bashing but it wasn't and was left to get out of hand - now we've all gotta face the repercussions of some random douche. we are all tarred by the one brush

mike i couldnt agree with you more... i caught 99% of the convo... i think mike spotted the undercover and allerted me. how they knew i dont no... but who cares. he only really rocked up coz of the old thread bout him and wanted to alert us of it.

the people that can have a posotive impact on this are roo kelly and nene... all of witch are understanably upset... so yeah

We need to know what Kellie has arranged with Neil. If she has came across as representing SAU with the cruises she organised or just 'her' cruises not being affiliated with SAU.

If Neil has been on these forums he knows its simply a gathering of people. Definitely not a 'club'.

As far as i know... Kell was only organizing this for her cruises... but she won't be organizing anything for a while...

that opens a new can of worms, if everything starts meshing with the police, and we have these happy little SAU cruises all it would take is one chirped 2nd gear by someone on a cruise or by someone wearing a sticker before SAU is attacked on ACA etc and the actual owner and the host of this site may find himself in strife?

the same thing goes for wearing your SAU shirts or hoodies, getting busted doing something wrong ? bang its the car clubs fault all of the sudden? branding is a powerful tool to stereo type a group of people ? I dont run a sticker on my car for the very reason of profiling. I need one for under my bonnet instead..lol

not all of us drive like complete dickheads, OK we all hoon a little bit by madaz guide..lol but hopeful it's done away from public in a safe place like the track. in a perfect world. lol you dont need a skyline to hoon either..?

I'm not a party pooper but this needs to be done with care and thought or it could be the demise of the cruise culture in SA with people afraid to bring out the toys hidden in the shed for fear of defect over being 1mm to low or no water in the washer bottle? the cops have no right to group inspect cars for defects , I would gather that is illegal profiling? unless they do it to all the cars in a roadside check. I dont know the politics/laws of SA but this is the same gorrilla tactics they used in the states to get cars off the road. there doing the same things and using the same book Im sure !!!

one thing that fixed it in california was they built a track in long beach dock area and run weekend grudge matches for street cars. works great. then the rest of the cars just cruise to show off the handy work of the customizers. cops dont mess with them unless something blatantly wrong with the car or truck. or drink driving. yes I used to street race the muholand drive canyons in a tricked out RX7 a long time ago in LA. and cruise cali in the late 80's were 300 + cars would rock up and block off a steet in gridlock. without cops approval !!!! so I've lived this a few times already..lol

not going to stop customizing my car safely or sucumb to scare tatics just because I drive a skyline?

a track is a dream im sure, the desal plant took that dream away for the city area? shame they couldnt dual use the area ?

mike i couldnt agree with you more... i caught 99% of the convo... i think mike spotted the undercover and allerted me. how they knew i dont no... but who cares. he only really rocked up coz of the old thread bout him and wanted to alert us of it.

the people that can have a posotive impact on this are roo kelly and nene... all of witch are understanably upset... so yeah

look

if you're using public roads, you're subject to state law, deal with it...

If ur defectable, and you know it clap your hands. Cause you're going to get owned....

I dont agree with popping hoods, only because the informing of police is an act of goodwill, and should be reciprocated by the authorities and sticking to advice rather than yellow slips - I think Kellies and Nene are on the right track herre however I totally agree with the converse argument; without assurances and some sort of official involvement, then it'll only take one idiot to f**k it up for everyone.

I also dont think that anyone, bar christian and the nominated mods, ever, represent SAU. If you WANT to represent SAU locally then you email for permission. A website is a SAFE HAVEN. You do NOT jeopardize it by linking it to ANYTHING that might contravene local law. That is why there is no endorsed SAU cruises.

Law says once you invite people for a cruise or any event more than 3 vehicles, then you are liable for safety and adherence to law.

So Kellie and anyone else is totally right to insist upon a code of conduct, but as stated, nobody should bill any event as an SAU event until approved.

I for one would be spewing if there was a random cruise, billed to SAU, and someone decided to act like a twit and come to grief.

That is something nobody needs. Especially not an enthusiast website such as this. Such screw ups generally end up fuelling another self righteous crusade from a C grade current affairs show.

This is a volatile issue, but lets not hate on the police. Just remember when your car gets damaged or stolen, they are your best friend. We can say we're good drivers and not hoons, but unfortunately we've been dogged by people (usually youngsters) screwing with our reputation as responsible car owners. I say roll with the punches. In time the authorities will realize that we're not the demons that the media portrays us to be.

If you wanna do a cruise, cool, just dont advertise it as being an SAU cruise, and better yet keep it invite only to people you know won't be idiots. That way you wont be responsible for anything that happens.

Love. Uncle Dohmar

imo ever1 needs to chill out heaps..... its blown so far outa proportion its not funny...

cubes my constructive critosisim for you is your a mod... i think it should have started as a

do we ban yes or no

and what are ways around it

Thats exactly what the leading post reads..

- ...... only constructive comments on how to rectify the situation essentially the bunny/stag cruises have put us all in.

i think putting your foot forwood has started a shit fight..... on another note,

Shit fight between the stock skyline owners and the modified owners.

neil is a champ, he was there to make sure we had good tyers, all panels on, not 5 turbos hanging off and a zorst the size of a chimney!

So why did he pop hoods?

he really wasnt fussed at the odd pod and what ever eles...

That would be because pods are legal when secured.

No doubt those who were warned of dark tint, too low and BOV's if Neil saw any of you out and about OR at another cruise he would defect. Give it time or another cruise or two. :laugh:

If Police know of mods that do not meet ADR's they will warn but at a later date if you haven't fixed them you WILL be pinged.

I've been through it with previous cars living down south where police would let things slide - see you a few weeks later question why you have done nothing about it then defect.

Its their Job, I would not expect anything less.

I really cannot be bothered with the rest of your post.

---

Dohmar is on the money. Of which brings to mind. Nene's email to Neil. We should make it clear SAU is a gathering of people and we are NOT a club that he (or at least via Cara's words) is believing it to be.

We need to find out why he believes this is the case as it is simply a small group of people separately organising cruises on their own back with no direct affiliation with any SAU car club.

There is a hell of a lot of liability to get a car club up and running especially when it is predominately a street club. Which is one very good reason I pulled back and went knocking on NDCCs door.

Thats exactly what the leading post reads..

- ...... only constructive comments on how to rectify the situation essentially the bunny/stag cruises have put us all in.

thats not the point tho... we didnt put u you all in it... we put our self in it.. none of you were there so u cant judge it! we didnt want them to rock up... we didnt know! but they did so we had to abide by the rules.

Shit fight between the stock skyline owners and the modified owners.

if you cant hack poping your bonnet... stay home! :laugh:

So why did he pop hoods?

because he was doing his job... 'protecting the community'... he didnt no if we were all packing like 500hp cars so he looked out of interest! no defects, let alot slide but he had a job to do!

That would be because pods are legal when secured.

im using it as an example he let alot slide... he didnt look at a few i know arnt held down :wub:

I really cannot be bothered with the rest of your post.

suit your self... once again... some 1 is pushing againse what you think hard... and your not wanting a bar of it...

excuse my "quote" inexperience!! you can still read what i said tho!

italices being cubes.... normal is me :P

Edited by chef_stagea

i havnt read any of this thread, but what about restricting the thread to members only, maybe with at least 100 posts or something so cops cant sign up just to view the thread etc.

i think people underestimate how much cops read forums.

excuse my "quote" inexperience!! you can still read what i said tho!

italices being cubes.... normal is me :laugh:

ahh well to be honest it doesn't bother me the slightest as I don't attend these cruises anyway.

I was asked by multiple people to do something so I put some thing forward to generate a little discussion. It went fairly well until a few kicked up a stink.

------

Well lets create another poll.. I'll shoot a link in here soon.

Each man for himself. Let SA/SAU/STAG separation begin.

Either way it swings I personally could not give two hoots.

For those small number of you who created multiple accounts for voting last time. If I catch you doing it this time I'll exercise my last mod right and you'll be banned.

sounds good man. dont wona seem like a dickhead or ne thing just won put my foot forwood coz i was there n organised it... im not going to throw in the towel n call it quits coz of this ill keep pushing to catch up with stag mates! its wat sa sau needs!

good post Ben.....you've pretty much reinforced what I said earlier.

lol at a couple of the posters here tonight though.......they remind me of my Dad. You try and explain something to him but he's too busy trying to think of what to say next........moments later you ask him what was said and he has no idea!