SAU Community

Gt35r Vs Garrett T04z - Discussion (just Post In This Thread To Create A Database)

Tomek

i just brought a new gt35r 1.06 rear from Gcg $1500, ill be using this turbo for my rb2630det..

(hoping to push close to 400rwkw then straight to wsid to crack a 10.99 1/4 mile) lol

Have any of you guys debating between the two of these turbo's considered Borg-Warner's? They have a few that would fit right in between the power ranges of the GT35r and TO4z.

T04z RB25

Some mess about fun on the way back from work,

The video car (S14 SR20 running my old GT35 @ 1.5bar) and myself just mucking about, fueling still quite heavy from the drag event on Saturday (run with a 100mm turn down for drags and 76mm for street (legal rubbish))

As ive said earlier in this post, I have ran both turbo's on the same car with the same setup, everyone likes somthing different, I prefer the power delivery of the T04z.

I was running 1.8bar in those clips.

Edited by Rezlo

• 2 weeks later...

heard good things about that turb'- would like to see a before and after dyno chart for an engine that swapped a T04Z for one with no other mechanical changes.

yeah, a bullseye s362 would be my pick. the fact they can run over 50psi is good to :D

I wouldn't even consider one unless someone/a few people actually got some tangible results from them in a street/track car which indicated they are even half up to the hype. At least here they are at least as expensive as a Garrett equivalent and nothing I have seen so far indicate they do anything more than at best compare with the Garrett ball bearing. They seem good at high boost levels, but considering most people with RBs tend to lean more towards 1.4-1.6bar tops on street cars thats a complete waste of time.

Bullseye piss me off as they do interesting turbos but then do completely biased comparisons to make their options look better than Garrett ones by using two turbos which are in fact completely incomparable specs and then draw strange conclusions from it. If they just showed things as they were I'd probably be less dubious of them, though perhaps if they did then the turbos wouldn't necessarily seem as viable.

Well a mates R32 GTR just came off the dyno with its .82a/r GT3582R. Its running mild upgrade cams (~260deg I believe), a home made exhaust manifold, and an old GTRLink which was proven to start wrecking the party as the revs and power levels started going up. The crappy old link has a 2.5bar map limit so tuning was finished at 21psi.

The car made 379kw @ wheels on 21psi with full boost reached around 4300rpm, sounds fantastic - hoping to go for a drive in it later on today. The car will be getting a G4 Link and a retune in a couple months time, hopefully that will liven things up a bit :P

None at all that I am aware of, just bolted the cams in - they haven't been spun or anything. In a couple of months time when it gets a decent ECU there will probably be more work put into squeezing every last hp out of it, at this stage it was to get it running and running with respectable power.

Can someone please post up some websites of where i could get a new T04z for a good price that will come relatively quickly..?

Im new at this and don't really know where to shop.. thanks in advance

Can someone please post up some websites of where i could get a new T04z for a good price that will come relatively quickly..?

Im new at this and don't really know where to shop.. thanks in advance

Have a look in the traders section of this site.

• 4 weeks later...
I have GT35 with .82 exhuast on my R32 GTS4, ran 6.8 seconds @ 170kmh on the 1/8th mile, which is 10.4-10.5 sec 1/4 mile, Im pretty close to maxing out the .82 exh at 20psi- 397rwkw ,

a very old quote but im slowly getting through the thread.

not that i dont believe you sky30 but i find it extremely hard to believe your making almost 400kw with a .86 rear......especially only on 20psi. that sounds like something a 5L motor would do.

im running a rb30 gt35r .86 @ 20psi only made 335rwkw. no head work as such but still....

do you have something to back that up? i do hope you prove me wrong because it gives me hope for my setup lol

Edited by Jap_Muscle

Well a mates R32 GTR just came off the dyno with its .82a/r GT3582R. Its running mild upgrade cams (~260deg I believe), a home made exhaust manifold, and an old GTRLink which was proven to start wrecking the party as the revs and power levels started going up. The crappy old link has a 2.5bar map limit so tuning was finished at 21psi.

The car made 379kw @ wheels on 21psi with full boost reached around 4300rpm, sounds fantastic - hoping to go for a drive in it later on today. The car will be getting a G4 Link and a retune in a couple months time, hopefully that will liven things up a bit :)

Nice work - would like to see a plot if you have one?