SAU Community

Gt35r Vs Garrett T04z - Discussion (just Post In This Thread To Create A Database)

Tomek

Mmmm well that's the impression I'm under. I think most people would go for an E11 V2.

You know, I could go for a PFC and might strike gold in that she works just fine and I don't have any tuning problems and no issues created by the AFM's and so forth but I think there's a pretty low chance that this would be the case. The PFC would definitely be an improvement over what I have now but yeh, you have to think of further down the track.

I'm thinking that my biggest issue with a PFC would be my 13 y/o AFM's....two of the buggers, not just 1 which could be half acceptable.

lol....well I read through my documentation and the E11 sounds like a pretty darn good computer!

N1GTR, how does this group buy work? I've come across it a couple times on here. Is it like buying stuff in bulk?

(there you go that's my next question lol)

A group of people buy something at a discounted rate for the actual number of units they agree to buy. Eg buying 10 of something gets a better price than buying 1 of something.

You wont get a better price on the ecu than that group buy.

Ah ok...I'll keep that in mind for next time. I already got mine. I guess that would be something to do for high demand items. I guess that with expensive stuff like ECU's you might be waiting for a while to get say, 10 orders together? Or what? It could be weeks before I see it when really I needed it yesterday lol!

But yeh, mine should be getting tuned tomorrow. I'll post up results again for the pro's to analyze :huh:

VspecR33, you mentioned that running a set of adjustable cam gears would greatly improve response and top end....my question is, would they make the turbo spool any sooner? Like, say you're 2.6L is fully tuned with E11 and has the adjustable gears, where would you think the GT3582 turbo would reach full boost of 1 Bar? Is it a bit over 4000rpm? 4300rpm maybe?

Ah ok...I'll keep that in mind for next time. I already got mine. I guess that would be something to do for high demand items. I guess that with expensive stuff like ECU's you might be waiting for a while to get say, 10 orders together? Or what? It could be weeks before I see it when really I needed it yesterday lol!

But yeh, mine should be getting tuned tomorrow. I'll post up results again for the pro's to analyze :huh:

VspecR33, you mentioned that running a set of adjustable cam gears would greatly improve response and top end....my question is, would they make the turbo spool any sooner? Like, say you're 2.6L is fully tuned with E11 and has the adjustable gears, where would you think the GT3582 turbo would reach full boost of 1 Bar? Is it a bit over 4000rpm? 4300rpm maybe?

Its impossible to say because your setup with the GT35 is already one that there is little REAL documented details about. THat was what the original idea of the thread was about... making a database. I have seen good results with stock twins, but the benefit of cam gears on an engine with a GT35 will be less as far as response gains go. There will be some improvement though. Id suggest tuning what you have and then look at getting some adjustable gears down the road.

Trying to do too many things at once will have you jumping to the wrong conculusions about what has resulted in an improvement, or if your really unlucky, introduced a problem which has you looking at all your recent changes to try and diagnose it. Take small steps.

where would you think the GT3582 turbo would reach full boost of 1 Bar? Is it a bit over 4000rpm? 4300rpm maybe?

Typically 1bar by 4000rpm, 1.4bar by 4300rpm is what we've seen with .82a/r on RB26s with cams and camgears.

Lithium, sounds reasonable. I can live with 1 bar by 4000rpm. Besides, when you're on the track you're driving at 4000rpm plus all the time anyway. What if I only have ECU and cam gears for the time being, where would it spool then? A bit higher, by say 200rpm or so?

Its impossible to say because your setup with the GT35 is already one that there is little REAL documented details about. THat was what the original idea of the thread was about... making a database. I have seen good results with stock twins, but the benefit of cam gears on an engine with a GT35 will be less as far as response gains go. There will be some improvement though. Id suggest tuning what you have and then look at getting some adjustable gears down the road.

Trying to do too many things at once will have you jumping to the wrong conclusions about what has resulted in an improvement, or if your really unlucky, introduced a problem which has you looking at all your recent changes to try and diagnose it. Take small steps.

Well according to my budget I'll be taking pretty small steps which is probably the best thing for this 'database' anyway. I'll be getting the E11 tuned in and then I'll sit back and let my piece of plastic recover! Damn spending spree haha! I've actually changed tuners now and this one seems to have a more logical approach to things as well....he too recommends just getting everything tuned in with the E11 and then add stuff at a later date. I totally agree with your last part about the worst case scenario!

Up to what power level would it be safe to take the stock injectors up to? I know that you can read this from the E11 tuning software, but just in general, what is a safe level to take them up to so that they still have some duty to spare for knock and whatever. It was mentioned on here that I should be seeing at least 400awhp with my 15 pounds but when tuned properly, will the injectors and fuel pressure live up to this?

Also, while we're at it...does anyone know how good exactly the stock intercooler is? It has a reasonable surface area but is a bit thinner than your aftermarket application. What about material? I guess it wouldn't cool as well as a modern intercooler of equal size?

TiTAN, well yeh I thought as much because after I've been for a drive I've felt the intercooler out of curiosity and yeh, the outlet side of the cooler's surface is nice and cool while the other side is warm to touch which means that it's obviously doing it's job. I remember the intercooler on my GTST - so pathetic - the entire thing would heat up in 10mins! I replaced that one with a cooler that I wouldn't mind on my GTR!

I made just under 400rwhp at jem with stock injectors and a nismo reg.

I understand what your saying with doing things in little steps, but your going to be doubling up on tuning costs every time. Spend the 1k on cams and few hundred on gears straight off the bat. Cams WILL make a huge difference to the gt35, its pretty lazy without them.

26112008028.jpg

My dyno graph

Gt35r

50mm hks waste gate

4inch intake to turbo about 50cm in length

3inch exhuast with cat

ceremic coated plenum

650cc injectors

4inch drag cooler

cams (unknown)

adjstable cam gears (havent been played with yet all on zero)

Power fc de jetro

Forged internals

Head work done in japan is unknown

This was done about a year or so back, i have changed a few things since than and hoping to post the results

With this tune i find it very user friendly and not to bad for the street

Edited by el capitan

I made just under 400rwhp at jem with stock injectors and a nismo reg.

I understand what your saying with doing things in little steps, but your going to be doubling up on tuning costs every time. Spend the 1k on cams and few hundred on gears straight off the bat. Cams WILL make a huge difference to the gt35, its pretty lazy without them.

Haha no way, I won't be doing stuff in such tiny steps! Just not all at once either as I wouldn't be able to afford that anyway. When she's tuned up with the E11 in the next couple of days the car should be quite nice to drive. For me it would be a big power upgrade when you take into account that it only had around 220-230hp at the treads and will now sport around 380-400hp etc. Big power step up and I'll be happy with that for a while till I have some money again (lol)

....afterall, I drove the GTR in stock trim for over a year. Exhaust, pods and 12 pounds. That's it.

Stock injectors will max out with around the 380-400hp mark, so 300kw there abouts. Ithink thats about 250-260awkw taking driveline losses into consideration.

Yep, will have to see what they get it up to. LOL, if it puts out more than that you know we have a problem! :)

DCIEVE is correct with his estimate too. Raising the base fuel pressure gives you a litle more flow at the injector. He did this with a 1:1 nismo regulator. I'd done something simular with my old GTS4, which managed around 400rwhp according to the time slip. I had never put it on the dyno though, it was just street tuned and then raced.

DCIEVE is correct with his estimate too. Raising the base fuel pressure gives you a litle more flow at the injector. He did this with a 1:1 nismo regulator. I'd done something simular with my old GTS4, which managed around 400rwhp according to the time slip. I had never put it on the dyno though, it was just street tuned and then raced.

Well that's what I have my AFR in there for. Have to make sure that my pump is actually putting out enough pressure too - I think it may be a bit weak according to some of the tuning done but will have to see what my other tuner has to say when it's dyno time. I guess we'll see what it spits out next week hey? I'd be happy with around 360 to 380 horses at the rubbers for now. No need to push it to it's limits with stock-just-about-everthings lol.

I'll ramp things up a bit when I get the injectors and pump.

Hey, do any of you run oil coolers for the engine oil? I'm looking at getting one purly because she heats up on the track. The car's quite fine in the city and also on high way driving but on the track the oil temp gauge goes almost to full. Does anyone have recommendations on size and brand? I said there and then that I wouldn't race without a oil cooler again :banana: