SAU Community

Hobbies - What You Do When Your Not At Work

nerm

Im bored which has helped inspire this topic. Im sitting here at work and im wondering what other people that frequent SAU do for fun or to pass the time. You never know who might share your interest (sorry if there is already a tread like this in the ACT section.. i had a look but didnt see anything)

At the moment I am putting my model Chaser together, a couple more coats of paint and some clear coat and she is done

I am into table top wargaming (no not d&d as that is an roll playing game) like warhammer 40k etc. i havent played warhammer for a while but im always up for a game. also battlefleet gothic and inquisitor. anything to do with the warhammer 40k universe really

I also play alot of computer games, at the moment im mainly playing Dawn Of War (Souls Storm on PC) and COD4 (PC). I also have rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2 (both on PC), grid (ps3), battle field 2 (PC) and numerous others. I sometimes hold LANs at my house so if anyone is interested in lanning let me know and i will let you know about the next one.

Im also watching stargate sg-1 on dvd, im up to season 7

So yea, what do all the rest of you do?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currentl playing Fallout 3, into warcraft a bit, but not as much as I used to. Have a fair few model cars, but slowly getting rid of them. Might be interested in so,me LAN gaming in the future.

Love computer games but don't have much time to play them anymore. Recent stuff I've been playing is F.E.A.R., Ghost Recon 1 & 2, NFS: Carbon & ProStreet, Company of Heroes, World in Conflict, etc...

I also like taking photos

Usually find myself screwing around with computers, helping friends with theirs & stuff

Mucking around with cars obviously

And I like going to the gym, but spent a bit too much time away recently.

Sheez where to start

When I'm not working for money or working on the car, I'm driving the car or maybe dreaming of buying parts for the car. I spend far too much time on forums. I'm often thinking what would make a good event for Skylines ACT or other groups/friends I am associated with.

Yes I play Fallout 3 currently and other assorted games when time or GF permits

I browse auctions for interesting things, just purchased a coin operated candy machine and a new house today

I spend time with the family, including the pets. They all need time.

I practice martial arts and occasionally get roped into instructing

I cook & clean and do general household stuff, now that really passes the time.

And lastly I occasionally sleep.

Currentl playing Fallout 3, into warcraft a bit, but not as much as I used to. Have a fair few model cars, but slowly getting rid of them. Might be interested in so,me LAN gaming in the future.

LOL what WOW server are you on? I haven't played in over a year but it's a small little community on the Aussie servers!

Hmm I have been studying a lot! I am not going to know what to do with myself next week.... No car and no homework!!

Lucky we just got Silent Hill 5 :) We have quite the selection of gaming consoles here. Big children we are!!

you bunch of gaming nerds :) I like Buzz... that's about it :P

I spend way too much time on the net :P

Love music and am often ripping cd's/sorting out my collection

Go shopping

Go visit family

Walk my dog

Spend a fair bit of time doing SAU club stuff

and the usual dinners, drinks, events with friends

I guess nothing you'd really count as "hobbies" though... maybe I need to find a new one :D

Playing PC games, watching anime, movies or TV series on computer

Go to friends house for lans & to grab more games, animes, movies & TV shows off them & repeat the above again...

& Sleeping takes up 1/2 of my life :P

Im bored which has helped inspire this topic. Im sitting here at work and im wondering what other people that frequent SAU do for fun or to pass the time. You never know who might share your interest (sorry if there is already a tread like this in the ACT section.. i had a look but didnt see anything)

At the moment I am putting my model Chaser together, a couple more coats of paint and some clear coat and she is done

I am into table top wargaming (no not d&d as that is an roll playing game) like warhammer 40k etc. i havent played warhammer for a while but im always up for a game. also battlefleet gothic and inquisitor. anything to do with the warhammer 40k universe really

I also play alot of computer games, at the moment im mainly playing Dawn Of War (Souls Storm on PC) and COD4 (PC). I also have rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2 (both on PC), grid (ps3), battle field 2 (PC) and numerous others. I sometimes hold LANs at my house so if anyone is interested in lanning let me know and i will let you know about the next one.

Im also watching stargate sg-1 on dvd, im up to season 7

So yea, what do all the rest of you do?

Wow, all i had to do is cut and paste yours...

but i do R/Cing aswell and im more into Hero's then sg-1 but i'll watch it when its on.

im on WOW every monday, and then there's the drifter....

i see miranda occasionally

*raises hand*

Yep, another gaming fanatic here, both PC and 360.

Also, have a bad habit of getting hooked into Wikipedia.....it's the devil! Open one article just for a quick read only to find myself 4 hours later blurry eyed wondering where the time went.

yep pc gamer here yay i hate WOW tho im more a fps and internet co-op games

i also DJ as a hobby at a local club in canberra.

i play indoor cricket everyfriday with my mates and drink lots of beer till you cant see the ball ha ha

thats about it

1,000,000,000,000,000 votes to Dawn of war...

Awesome!!!!! Space Marines FTMFW!!! Which version would you want to play (Original, Winter Assault, Dark Crusade or Sould Storm)

ZCR and some of my other friends and i sometimes LAN Dawn of War.. i cant wait for DoW2.. tis going to be awesome

Thought of the Day: Purge the Unclean

hehehe

I was going to reply..............then replied.......looked at my answer and saw that I don't do anything like what everyone else is doing.........I was way different, so went back and deleted my answer so the game tragics could have it.

So I have to agree with Shell.......yawn

Haha, I used to play a lot of games when I was 16 :( Now I am a music nut, with a dementedly eclectic taste. I play guitar. Looking at getting into recording at home. I read a lot of wiki RE history of the world and how it came to be the current shambles it is. I don't mind a bit of origami either. Like photography but need some ideas for where/what to shoot around here (or... I could just go for a random drive :teehee: ). I'm also into Hifi and listening to music on headphones (Dark Side of the Moon!). Oh, car audio too, except my head unit just died (DOH!). Also love a social game of squash (the most bastardy sport I've found so far, making people run).

What martial arts John? I used to do Judo and should really get back into it. Got to green belt when I was 17.

Shell, do you use last.fm ? my last.fm

Edited by sl33py