SAU Community

QLD and NSW - Chartered Professional Engineers

Steve

Hi,

Anybody out there had mods engineer certified? or know where it can be done in QLD or NSW? EDIT: or in Vic:)

I was making some enquiries into getting mods engineers certified to comply with ADRs.

It would appear that an engineers report from any 'Chartered Professional Engineer' will be accepted, subject to inspection of course.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I have done a couple of searches on the web, but information seems scant.

Thanks for your time

Steve

Just had a look at the vic roads site, a bit more helpful. Whilst it has signatories for vehicle mods, it is no longer an 'engineers certificate per say.

the crazy thing is it even lists several signatories for NSW, a whole 2 for SA and lots for vic. Might be worht a look if anyone is thinking of doing this:

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrnint...nDocument&Area=

Sorry, VSI15 is the correct document - disregard my first post people.

This information sheet contains a list of people with experience in automotive design and standards who have indicated that they are available for consultation. They are familiar with vehicle construction requirements in NSW and, for a fee, they will provide advice to owners and vehicle constructors, undertake technical assessments and issue engineering certificates. However, in publishing this list, the Roads and Traffic Authority does not endorse their services nor does it take any responsibility for the quality of their work. Vehicle constructors and owners intending to engage the services of an engineering signatory, should establish the signatory's experience for the proposed scope of work and the fee arrangements before work is commenced. It is also advisable to ascertain whether the signatory carries “Professional Indemnity Insurance”.

An engineering signatory who certifies a motor vehicle as to its construction or modification will:

• personally inspect the vehicle;

• ensure that the scope and any construction or modification complies with the requirements of the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 1998 and the Australian Design Rules;

• Issue an engineering certificate in the form specified under the Engineering Certificate System(ECS) (see sample overleaf).

Note: Only an engineering certificate issued by a signatory who is listed will be acceptable to the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) for the purposes of vehicle registration.

Engineering signatories included in the ECS are full members of the engineering organisations recognised by the RTA for this purpose, namely:

• The Institution of Engineers, Australia (IE Aust);

• The Society of Automotive Engineers, Australia (SAE-A) - Automotive Signatory Group.

Other information sheets published by the Authority cover the circumstances under which a vehicle constructor or owner may require the services of an engineering signatory. In brief, owners are required to obtain an engineering certificate from a recognised engineering signatory, when performing any modification to a vehicle, which is safety related and affects the continuing compliance of the vehicle with the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Regulation 1998 and the Australian Design Rules.

A list of these signatories is attached to this information sheet.

Steve, I've got some info from Transport SA from a mate who work there.

Here are their approved chartered professional engineers.....you might probably know it aldready :D

1. Tonkin Consulting

2. Australian Technology pty ltd (Regency is a little bit iffy about this guy though...i think u know that toooo)

3. Rory Thompson Services

4. Forensic Engineering and Associates

5. Engineering analysis & software

Now not all of them are catered for our purposes. PM me ur fax no and I see if I can fax this to you if you want a copy.