SAU Community

Nzmo32 R32 Gtr Build Up.

Thanks for the help.

Problem found and fixed. It was the old AFM wiring that in my haste i didn't sercure well enough and it had shorted on the body. Wacked a new fuse in him and started first crank.

Dropped the run in oil and filter. Chucked in some fresh Kendall oil and ventured out for a bit of a road tune tonight to clean up a bit of untidyness and gave it a few mild runs through 2nd and 3rd with 1 bar of boost. Found it to be a very linier power delivery that i think will benifit from some cam timing adjustment.

Probably back on the Dyno tomorrow to play with that and start looking at towards some more boost.

I think it's about time i sent out a big thanks to Paul at X-treme Motorsport here in Townsville for looking after the tune and keeping an eye on what I was doing throughout this project. With out his help I would never have got this far.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope Coops doesn't mind me posting this here..

http://www.qldstreetscene.com/forums/index...20&start=20

"It's repairable and the car is still pretty straight. Just some expensive and 1 off parts that will have to be binned. Pretty much just a rear end lock up, kicked out hard and ran tarmac to pull it up. Took out a small tree and stoved the front into a rock. Better luck next year. Gotta stay true to my sig. On a positive though that motor was amazing all weekend and from what i've removed so far it looks fine."

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. sorry for the lack of updates as i haven't had a Pc for a while.

So far I've pretty much identified everything that's been damaged and I've started buying bits already. I bought a second hand blitz intercooler, Ordered a new custom PWR radiator, new radiator and headlight supports and also have a new oil pump input shaft as It was bent slightly by the impact from the bottom rad support. Still alot of work to do but well on the way to repair. I'll try post some picks of the damage from the rally when I have access to our own computer gear again.

Besides us crashing out we were actually doing quite well. We were running 3rd outright behind a Skelta G-force and Giant's RGM racing R35 Gtr. I would have liked to have had more opportunity to sort out its handling issues but simply ran out of time.

I'll try and get the in car footage up on youtube when i figure out how, but untill then heres some pics

Befor and afters.

At scrutineering

DSC00656.jpg

At home, all stickered up and ready to rallying

DSC00662.jpg

Where we landed looking from where we left the road

07062009081.jpg

And on the tilt tray mid way through day 2

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

NOTE:

You may have noticed this thread has been moved.

SAU Admin have decided to run a new section for "Projects, Overhauls and Build-ups"

As such your thread is a prime example of what we wanted to house in this section.

We have left links in the sections you originally posted also to allow easy access to the threads new home.

Any issues, please feel free to pm myself or N1GTR.

Cheers Col

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I loaded up You tube wth a few in car Vids from the Mount Stuart Tarmac rally including the ill fated 6th run crash. Run 3 gives some idea of how taily it was and there's a couple of classic catches in this one. Enjoy

I am sorry to see mate.

Car looks beautiful and fast.

I hope you are almost done with the repair. It will be nice to see it on track again.

The last video was sad to see :thumbsup:

From the video it appeared that your rear end stepped out under brake.

What actually caused the accident?

Brake lock up, oil/gravel on the road?

First up in the morning the car wasn't working too bad but I'm pretty sure that once we'd done a few stages the rear shock oil was cooked and they had no real controll over the spring so basicly it was like trying to rally a New York taxi. very bouncy in the rear.

However I did make a mistake where I didn't rev match the downshift to second spot on and compresion locked it slightly and on cold tyres the rear just colapsted and tried to overtake the front. I got it back a bit straight but ran out of road.

It's all repaired and racing again now with only some cosmetics to fix up like a new bar and stuff but for now my zip ties are doing the trick. Kinda drift spec.

First up in the morning the car wasn't working too bad but I'm pretty sure that once we'd done a few stages the rear shock oil was cooked and they had no real controll over the spring so basicly it was like trying to rally a New York taxi. very bouncy in the rear.

However I did make a mistake where I didn't rev match the downshift to second spot on and compresion locked it slightly and on cold tyres the rear just colapsted and tried to overtake the front. I got it back a bit straight but ran out of road.

It's all repaired and racing again now with only some cosmetics to fix up like a new bar and stuff but for now my zip ties are doing the trick. Kinda drift spec.

i thought it looked like you compression locked it a little...

pitty after you caught it you didnt nail the throttle might have just pulled you around the corner, but these things are very hard split second decisions

at least your ok

I really enjoyed watching stage 3

Stage 6 though.....hmm. Not so good to watch.

Hope the next event goes a little smoother for you.

cheers

btw are you running stock brakes!?!

Edited by Duncan1