SAU Community

Nzmo32 R32 Gtr Build Up.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mate, do the Alcon's fit behind the RPF1's ok? I'm looking at a set of the Alcon's myself but was told TE37's are the go - I would rather run RPF1's as they are a bit cheaper!

I'll have to let you know when the calipers turn up mate. I am told that the set up I have will fit behind Stock r34 GTR wheels so I'm hoping they fit behind the Enkie wheels. It's gonna be touch and go but I will update with some pics when I get them bolted on the car. The callipers are still being used but should be here soon.

I'll also need to get some braided lines made up unless anybody knows where I can get something pre made. Actually might check that out with the PWR boys when I get the pads.

I am yet to see a caliper that fits a 376mm Supercar rotor inside an R34 GTR wheel. Generally the 365mm fit inside the GTR rims...will be interesting to see if it all fits.

More then anything I want pics with the new wheels on :)

this is the ultimate build love the colour i have a question for have u. have u tried the 18x10.5 +22 with the 295 tyres did u have to do any guard work to make them fit?i want to run that size on my r32 as well

thanks

Thanks for the comment. It's slowly coming together.

If you look in my sig picture the wheels fitted in that are Rays Ce28s 18 10.5 +22. They are a perfect fit and don't scrub. But, They were only 265 35 18 tyres and I would be sure that 295s would need guard mods although I wouldn't think it would take much work. It is also on my to-do list to make 295 fit under there. All in time.

Hey Roy. I hope they all fit to because it's cost me a bucket full of cash to get this far. The lad who's CAD file I got copied said that the hats and radial mounts were designed to fit inside a 34 rim and also leave enough room for the roll center correction on Ikea LCAs. We will see! Worst case is I'll have to bring forward buying a set of TE37s.

I got a call from the guys i'm getting the callipers off on friday to say they were on the way so should see them this comming week. Stay tuned and I'll post up the pics.

hey coop,

great build, looking forward to the future updates and good on ya for sticking with it. The in car footage was a treat to watch except for the crash of course. keep up the good work

Cale

• 3 weeks later...

Callipers finally turned up. I dummy fitted them up to check the wheel fitment and had some luck. The enkei's fit....just.

I still need to get pads, lines, some bolts and then a new set of tyres for the 18s befor I can try them out.

DSC00656-1.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Rim size is 18x9.5 +15 mate.

I talked to racer industries today about pads. They said they could do me a decent deal on a set of project Mu V8 supercar pads that were old stock for 500 bucks. Is this a good deal or should I be doing some more ringing around? I've already talked to PWR and they basicly said to talk to the RI guys as there range was better. Bareing in mind that I want a pad that won't take till 400+ degrees to start working as I primarly use the car for sprints and hill climbs.

I'll be using up the last of the sunoco drum at a hill climb tomorrow. Then we'll try a tune up on E85. Hopefully it'll keep the same sort of power and my injectors will be big enough.

looks great mate. yeah front diff is a big change hey?! but so much more traction is unbelievable. great on circuit but does need a bit of a different driving style. well worth it though. new brakes look awesome too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a break fettish, that looks so sexy. Such a snug fit.. what did the clearance end up being? enough for a small rock to slip through i hope :P

Brake specs? 350mm ++ ?

Edited by Willis

I have a break fettish, that looks so sexy. Such a snug fit.. what did the clearance end up being? enough for a small rock to slip through i hope :P

Brake specs? 350mm ++ ?

Probably only a couple of millimetres in places but it's enough. The calipers have stone damage a bit anyway so I'm no too stressed.

The rotor size are 375mm od and 36mm thick and have 72 cooling vanes rather than the stock alcon kit for skylines that only have 48 I belive.

Beer Baron

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

looks great mate. yeah front diff is a big change hey?! but so much more traction is unbelievable. great on circuit but does need a bit of a different driving style. well worth it though. new brakes look awesome too.

Thanks for the feed back Mr Baron. I am starting too work out the new diffs on the track. had some awesome results with them at the last hillclimb. Really happy with them.

Edited by Evocoop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good Coop, have you had the Alcons out for a race meeting yet?

What size brake master cylinders did you end up with?

Nah not yet. Too broke to put new tyres on my 18s and they don't fit under the 17s. Hopefully next pay I should have them in and get the braided lines made up. I got a new set of project Mu pads for them from Racer industries while the V8s were in town so nearly ready to go. I have a 33 GTr Master to go in. I'll just see what sort of pedal it has and go from there.

Loves the E85. Maxing the 1000cc injectors at about 430rwkw but wound it back a bit untill I can afford some 1500s.

Got half a second quicker at the last sprint round so still getting better and heading in the right direction.

• 1 month later...

Quick update about the new brake upgrade. It's working really well and has very solid pedal and a good bias. The r33 master seems to be perfect. My only complaint is that the booster is making it a little hard to modulate. I have a plan to kick it to the curb and re mount the piviot point of the pedal to compensate. Something is working though as I broke our local tracks lap record at the last sprint round. Could also be bigger rubber. I'm now runnning Federal FZ201s in 265 35 18s all round.

Well it's off to Lakeside raceway this weekend for a sprint day and I've also nominated for the Japanese Nationals the following weekend. Don't have too many expectations for the Lakside trip as it's the first track I've been on that 5th will see some use so there will be no heroics there. Somewhere under the Magic minute would be nice though. Other than that It'll just be nice to take a week off work and tow the away from the little stuff in Townsville and take it somewhere it can stretch its legs. Been a long time to get it there.

• 2 weeks later...