SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

sure did pass regency with Z32, nistune, 740cc injectors highflow and a basically straight through 3" exhaust

LOL

looks stock as a rock though

Edited by Rolls

hi i have a r33 skyline thats got to go over the pit every thing should be ok but 1 thing im concerned about is the u shaped chassis rails that go under the floor of the car is dented and a bit sqoushed in places dose any one no if this will be a problem.o and it has a 3 inch exhaust from turbo back dont no if that will be a prob too. thanks

Edited by TanyaandKane Ebert

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know what the go is with an rb25 into a 32 gtst??

trying to find out whether i can just fill out an engine transfer form at service SA and itll change the rego number and all is good

or will regency be chasing after me if i do that??

and if i dont do anything about it im sure insurance wouldnt cover me in the event on a crash if they knew it was a bigger engine.

any help appreciated.

RB25DET into R32 is fine, as long as you carry the brakes across from the R33 unless you have M-Type of the R32 gtst. Depends on who you get.

yeah I know it's fine to do. I jus wanted to know if I had to go through regency or not , which I found out I do :(

^ you are correct, just to prove if you're pulled over you don't have a stolen engine inside the bay and the papers for the Motor Department match what you have.

Can try just filling out the engine change form and leaving the capacity standard etc, dodgy but I've heard it can work.

Regency isn't so bad, means if you ever do get defected youll pass first go, plus they pick up lots of things that you really should get fixed anyway like bushes, boots, bearings, CVs etc.

I have just recently come across Nisswreck that do defect removal for you, (you give them your car with defect ...and a pile of cash...and they give you back your car all roadworthy and nice) does anyone know of any other places that offer that service?

The guys at lonsdale loved my 33 when i brought it in... so much so that i had 2 inspectors competing against each other to see who could find more defects.... luckly it was only 2 pages worth

The guys at lonsdale loved my 33 when i brought it in... so much so that i had 2 inspectors competing against each other to see who could find more defects.... luckly it was only 2 pages worth

Why would you even bother taking it through if it had that much stuff obviously wrong with it?

Why would you even bother taking it through if it had that much stuff obviously wrong with it?

Well the main stuff that i knew wouldnt get through was the intake, exhaust, turbo and suspension. As you know, removing and replacing these items is expensive to say the least. I bought the car with a defect notice already on it for HID headlights so i took the off chance that taking it through initially with all the bad shit hanging out, they may overlook some of the little things. As you know, once you have a list from the inspection, when it goes back they usually only check through whats on the list... not a full reinspection.

So like i said, i took my chances and now i know what i have to do to get it back on the road.

oh...nisswreck havent confirmed yet, but they hinted may want somewhere around 3k to do it for me (ouch)

Another thing....

are LED tail lights illegal? That was one thign that was added onto my list... not that they needed to be removed, but i needed to show relevant ADR standards for them....

also the tint on my rear 1/4 windows...( which is darker than my side window tint ) i didnt know those little things could be an issue...

Another thing....

are LED tail lights illegal? That was one thign that was added onto my list... not that they needed to be removed, but i needed to show relevant ADR standards for them....

If theyre JDM led's they most likely won't have the ADR approval - tho you may get lucky - LED's in concept arent illegal but they have to fit within a certain brightness tolerance level to be ADR approved. Sucks but there it is ;(

-D

I got through 3 times with led lights on my car. Also they kept adding to the list each time. Hence why I went through 3 times. They just say the other guy wasn't doing his job then.