SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

Folks, I've just rang Regency and spoke to an inspector regarding Window Tint and whats legal:

No tint on the front windscreen (except up the very top... but don't bother if it hasn't come from factory).

75% light transmission on the driver and front passenger side windows and the rear windscreen

35% light transmission on the windows behind the driver and front passenger (those little triangle ones)

Cheers

WHAT! Bah, thats ridiculous... I was thinking I'd remove the front driver/passenger myself but now that I'd need to get the rear remove too I'll just get the tinter place to do it - too much of a headf**k to do the rear.

thats it, you can be defected for anything as proven by member VU (non standard air filter - WHAT THE f**k????? meant to reuse a 10yr old filter hey?)

dont stress too much peeps, Karma will come 'round.... she always does.

there is always something you can get done for but that was his main concern. i would rather sell my car rather than go through regency

yeh im the same atm...

i want a datton 1600 :P fj20

every stock 2yr old Commodore I see sags at the rear from saggy springs, no way you could fit a finger under 50% of those on the road.

when this cowboy pulls you over, make him do shit from the book !!! no guesses, demand proper measurments, facts etc. if he guesses make a fricken complaint !!

dont accept it, take the matter all the way to a magistrate and have your say; if you feel strongly enough about the matter. its your right.

enough complaints about wayward cowboys and rest assured their career advancement in the force wouldbnt be looking very rosy

MAN... I just spent the last 20 minutes removing the driver/passenger door tint + the rear windscreen. I was booked into Auto Perfection tomorrow morning to get that done for $110 but just thought I'd give it a try myself to get the door window tints off to try get the price down... and god damn it came off with such ease that I did the rear windscreen too! If a first timer like me did that within 20 minutes with just a hot air gun, a knife and not a single mess... wtf they doing charging $110! :P guess I got to call them tomorrow to cancel it...

just make sure the dimister lines on the back window still work Vu, just incase u have accidently put a cut in one of the lines

Demisters should be fine. I only needed to pick at the corner to get the tint up enough for me to pick at with my finger and peel off the rest of the way so didnt need the blade to go anywhere near the lines. But yea, I cant believe it was so easy and I was going to pay $110 to have it removed!