SAU Community

The Defected Thread...

Cubes

hey guys,

I was pulled over a bit back near marion shopping center, the deal was, reved out 2nd into the corner to get the orange turning light and got a fine for excess noise pollution?!? $133 for that. Formal corsion on pod being loose/not secure, but the coppa was looking 4 the tyre placard. car has had a respray and aint there?

In regards to the wheel diameter measurment, 16'' is standard on the placard 4 a 32 but mine has been painted over how would i go about getting a replacement?

cheers

got mine from sinergy. $10 for a simple smidgin bit of shitty looking paper.

they are over priced rip off artists. but if you can do it and get away with it id prolly do it too.

*cough* gtr placard *cough*

legal mass wide wheels... till its sent to regency.

actually im almost certain width doesnt come into it, u can go as wide as u want as long as u dont protrude from the guards and increase the track by an inch.

actually im almost certain width doesnt come into it, u can go as wide as u want as long as u dont protrude from the guards and increase the track by an inch.

I've still got my original tyre placard. Says 245x18 is the biggest on the sticker

-D

if i went to regency and didnt pass on my first time. and i booked a reappointment. do i need to go to a cop shop to extend my blue defect notice? or can i just drive it around, like i did before my first appointment, until i go back in to regency?

thanks for clearing that up.

i went to a mate of mine today to get some stockies for my appointment and he said that they check emission on the exhaust. is that true? reason i ask is because i have a 3" turbo back exhaust that is within the db limit. whilst he went through with his car for compliance and not a defect. also, he said that my trimmed number plate [front] would receive a defect. any one know the answer to these questions?

Edited by Nozila

you cannot alter a numberplate in any way, be it cutting or bending, however ALOT of import owners do, simply so it can fit in the standard mounting position. I doubt regency will pick on that too much tho.

thanks for clearing that up.

i went to a mate of mine today to get some stockies for my appointment and he said that they check emission on the exhaust. is that true? reason i ask is because i have a 3" turbo back exhaust that is within the db limit. whilst he went through with his car for compliance and not a defect. also, he said that my trimmed number plate [front] would receive a defect. any one know the answer to these questions?

They check the sound, but not emissions... unless they can smell you're running a decat or you're running extra extra rich.

But saying that, they can just tell you to get a emissions check, though... but this doesn't happen all too often. Didn't happen to mine. Just make sure your exhaust is pretty quiet.

Yes. Trimmed number plates are a big no no. BUT it depends on just how bent/trimmed it is. If it's slightly cut, I've had many mates get through with it. But if it's hacked up or bent badly, they'll fail you.

you cannot alter a numberplate in any way, be it cutting or bending, however ALOT of import owners do, simply so it can fit in the standard mounting position. I doubt regency will pick on that too much tho.

Um... yes they will, my car almost failed because of them. They only let my car pass as long as i ordered a brand new set straight away. But i guess it depends on the mood of the guy doing the inspection. They even wrote on my regency paper work that number plates cannot be cut or bent in anyway. But the stupid thing is that you have to bend the rear number plate to make it fit and the front one can just be spaced out to sit in front of the number plate recess.

i have to take my 33 over regency soon, as i been defected since Nov.....are there any issues about height clearance? i think the cut springs in the front are too low :yes: it only leaves 9cm clearance from my front bar to the ground

any help?

i have to take my 33 over regency soon, as i been defected since Nov.....are there any issues about height clearance? i think the cut springs in the front are too low :yes: it only leaves 9cm clearance from my front bar to the ground

any help?

Yep thats to low, has to be a minimum of 10cm clearance under the car, plus those rims of yours look to big to be legal as well.

Edited by DSTROY

Yep thats to low, has to be a minimum of 10cm clearance under the car, plus those rims of yours look to big to be legal as well.

hmmm k, but generally speaking stock springs etc should fix the issue?

i sold the rims recently as i didnt like them (they come with the car) and being 20s were 1 of the things i got defected for. im thinking a GTR tyre placard would in a roundabouts way alow me to get away with 19s?

hmmm k, but generally speaking stock springs etc should fix the issue?

i sold the rims recently as i didnt like them (they come with the car) and being 20s were 1 of the things i got defected for. im thinking a GTR tyre placard would in a roundabouts way alow me to get away with 19s?

Yes stock springs will fix your height problem, but you will not pass regency with 19's they have a book with all the spec's of all the different models, so they will know that your car came with 16's if its not a GTR.

Yes stock springs will fix your height problem, but you will not pass regency with 19's they have a book with all the spec's of all the different models, so they will know that your car came with 16's if its not a GTR.

ive got stock rims on it at the moment, so thats sorted, having said that im not sure what kinds of things regency will look for....im sure my car has about a million things on it which wont get passed :yes:

and looking at the price of even second hand parts to buy, its going to be a very expensive venture