SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol of course! They must be stoked to have taken a win in the car's first run, but I am sure they are disappointed that Garth's car died mid lap so they will never know how quick it would have been.

Congrats to all the competitors and Hi Octane, it looked likea great crowd and great day.

Mark and Russ managed a 1.13 - and of course, won :(

Ha Ha you like me need to read the rules. The evo won it. Mark & Russ won the one lap dash but not the day.

Neil.

Congrats to Mark and Russ, good to see the effort rewarded.

Anyone know if the black R32 GTSt from Vic got through the day with no dramas? Hope Russ Jr went well in the little GTSt. Oh, and what was the story with the S2000?

Awesome day guys, and congrats Mark and Russ.

I'm spewing there's so much crap in the way on this pic but still my fav of the day.

:(

post-194-1238316778_thumb.jpg

Great pic!

Was a great day, some awsome cars. Wasnt as many spectators as i thought there would have been. And thanks (sorry i dont know you name) to the guy with a sau shirt on for letting me park down towards the pit area.

In the morning? That was me. No probs

Roy: Russman seemed fine all day, looks like he and the other Vic guys had a good time

Was the Vic Supra all noise liek usual or have they finally got that thing working?

Oh, and how did Markov go in his cleaner then clean white R32 GTR

Do you mean "SUPRAT" the red JZA80?

It looked to be kicking ass. Would love to know more about the specs on the turbo side and whats done to the gearbox (sounds straight cut?!)

Early in the day 2 SAUNSW members hand timed it at 1.19 (from memory)

Dont know about Markov's GTR, but its almost too clean for a track car. Wasnt slow though

Yeah I would love to point to the results webpage but its still got last years results :(

Sam M did OK he was somewhere between 5th and 10th overall. The car looks brilliant but maybe a little more time around the track there is needed?

Was the "vic supra' red? It was loud but I don't think it featured overall.

John's Zed came home 5th I think, and 2nd in the shootout.

The Elise that John B was driving came home first or second in open too.

Unfortunately the BSM GTR didn't get fixed in time but I'm sure it will be back next year and very quick once it is sorted in the new spec.

There were some good results too from left field like the IPRA Rx7 that came home 2nd in open.

Not sure where the black GTST came. In fact I noticed a couple of skylines there that I didn't know but didn't get to talk to everyone. I hope they ran OK today....

Sorry if I get the places wrong its all from memory.

There were some good results too from left field like the IPRA Rx7 that came home 2nd in open.

If left field involves a state champ, driver of the year and national runner up. Still a 230hp NA bridgey with a normal diff and gearbox is awesome.

The red s2k?

The Nismo radiator cap decided it didnt like sitting in a VTEC engine bay YO!!!!

No seriously looked like a Nismo radiator cap gave way and spurted coolant everywhere...

Cool, cool. So what else was there. Oh the Boston S2000, how quick did it go with semis?

Yeh the Vic Supra (red) is always mega loud and looks quick but to date hasnt bagged good times. suppose its still being developed