SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

Christ! Fill me in here folks...... besides smackin someone in the arse last year and being a bit of a prick about it, what else has he done? I've only met him once at a club meet up here several years ago...... and the less said about that the better.

So come on, spill it :)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the Vic Supra all noise liek usual or have they finally got that thing working?

unfortunately it was pretty much all noise - 4 seconds faster than my stock supra (with teins, exh & pod) on road tyres.

My goal for the weekend was to try and get fastest RWD in Clubsprint. You can't compete with Evos in low grip conditions (street tyres) on a track like that with lots of hard accellerating out of low speed corners... But it wasn't to be - had issues all day with the right rear toe link coming loose on the 1st hot lap of each session, and adjusting itself to full toe in. Didn't really do wonders for its handling! At least it stayed on full toe in rather than flapping around I guess... missed out on fastest rwd by 0.4sec to one of those featherweight FD RX7s with a 3540 turbo hanging off the side and 0.2s behind Brad Lowe (Fujitsu V8 driver) in one of HDT's new retro Commodores. So can't be too dissapointed.

Root cause of my toe link problem was the amount of oil that's now spewing out of the Tein SS lubricating that bush nicely... unfortunately that didn't dawn on me until about the 4th time I had to stop on the side of the highway to tighten it back up. I just thought the puny 3/8" ratchet set that I brought with me wasn't able to get it quite tight enough. Emptied a can of degreaser on it and the last 400km home was trouble free. The Teins obviously didn't like Eastern Creek the day before.

Anyway, another top event by the Superlap team! Hopefully they'll have another before the end of the year..

and that new HiOctane R34 animal really looks the business! great job in the superlap final too for his FTD and the outright win in its first event! wait till they have time to get it sorted!

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet harry. would have liked to say hello. good result mate. just goes to show you don't always have to be super flash to do well. :sick: make sure you find me next time. i look a bit like brad pitt, only really well hung and with chicks usually following in a neat line behind me. with fatz behind them...

how did you like EC? personally I much prefer OP GP, but EC has it's place too.

loved EC! I prefer higher speed stuff. Turn 1 wasn't as scary or as fast as I was lead to believe, but it goes on forever! I was taking it at about 170 - not really game to look at the speedo until the exit where I hit 180 again. I'll try to upload some of my dodgy video tonight...

Oran park is alot of fun. I like the turn 1 kink, but the next 3 slow turns don't do much for me - the Supra doesn't like having to put power down from low speed. But then from the bridge on its all smiles!

loved EC! I prefer higher speed stuff. Turn 1 wasn't as scary or as fast as I was lead to believe, but it goes on forever! I was taking it at about 170 - not really game to look at the speedo until the exit where I hit 180 again. I'll try to upload some of my dodgy video tonight...

Oran park is alot of fun. I like the turn 1 kink, but the next 3 slow turns don't do much for me - the Supra doesn't like having to put power down from low speed. But then from the bridge on its all smiles!

agreed. OP GP turn 1 to 2 can make up good time if you have the large ones and can really pick a good braking point. 2 3 and 4 though there is not much time between a gun driver and an average one. no time made or lost there. but from the bridge to the last turn is where it's at. they all really flow into each other and you need to be smooth, but aggressive enough to grab some curb too.

yeah EC turn 1 is not too scary. I reckon the kink at OP is much harder to get right than turn 1 EC. and if you mess up turn 1 at EC you (mostly) just run wide, unless you really get it wrong and pirouette into the inside wall (which is really nasty), where as OP turn 1 can cause some grief (and often a roll over in the sand trap) if you balls it up.

EC is really a bike track. but still good fun. good for the big power stuff.

where as OP turn 1 can cause some grief (and often a roll over in the sand trap) if you balls it up.

fark yeah I followed some dude in a 32 GTR into there last year trying to outbrake him, and fair shat meself

hi Fatz btw :D

loved EC! I prefer higher speed stuff. Turn 1 wasn't as scary or as fast as I was lead to believe, but it goes on forever! I was taking it at about 170

That's where you're going wrong!

Pick up your skirt and stop wearing out your brakes, you nancy-boy! :rant: :rant:

:laugh::P

Dont worry you're not the only one.

I need bigger balls to do EC turn one, on street tyres i can manage 170k's but there's nothing more left to give. Really want to try it on full slicks

Dont worry you're not the only one.

I need bigger balls to do EC turn one, on street tyres i can manage 170k's but there's nothing more left to give. Really want to try it on full slicks

pfffft you're all a bunch of girls

try doing EC turn one at that speed right AFTER the brake pedal on your 350Z has just sunk straight to the floor :P

pfffft you're all a bunch of girls

try doing EC turn one at that speed right AFTER the brake pedal on your 350Z has just sunk straight to the floor :P

if your pedal was on the floor there, I'd be starting to worry about turn 2, not turn 1! lol

Edited by hrd-hr30

Great day, with some great cars and great driving. Personally I don't think there was as much on-track action as last year, probably because the standard was raised (as far as I can recall I only saw one car go off track this year)

I would say that they need someone taking tickets at the back gate near the rally school - or at the entrance to the dirt road on the left when you come in the cobbity road entrance - even though I pre-bought tickets I did not need to show them to anyone, so I'm sure people quite easily got in for free.

Anyway, that aside, here's some photos I took. John Boston was great to watch in every car he drove; I could always trust that he'd have the car over the ripple strips, or 2 wheels in the air to make for good photos. But photo of the day went to Jackie Yick in his mental civic with this hang time -

IMG_17263web.jpg

IMG_17312web.jpg

IMG_17336web.jpg

IMG_17356web.jpg

IMG_17387web.jpg

IMG_17359web.jpg

IMG_17382web.jpg

IMG_17415web.jpg

IMG_17468web.jpg

IMG_17482web.jpg

IMG_17511web.jpg

IMG_17680web.jpg

IMG_17697web.jpg

lol turn one flat stick in a stocy r31 you can take at 180-190 assuming you can get to that speed

thats with a f**ken live rear axcel and 20 dollars rubber bought from hookers

as for accelerating after turn one at oran part gp... you area all f**ken gay if you brake into turn one then hit the gas for turn two you are so gay hit hurts

my f**ken son of rajab is this joint full of pussies!

Edited by fatz

Neil then barked up a tree he knew nothing about and i simply put him straight. Be cool...be nice.

Please

Thanks for putting me straight tiger,,,.I love ya work.

Neil.

lol turn one flat stick in a stocy r31 you can take at 180-190 assuming you can get to that speed

thats with a f**ken live rear axcel and 20 dollars rubber bought from hookers

as for accelerating after turn one at oran part gp... you area all f**ken gay if you brake into turn one then hit the gas for turn two you are so gay hit hurts

my f**ken son of rajab is this joint full of pussies!

lol, you are the only fag that needs to accelerate between 1 and 2 at oran park big boy. it's because your r31 is such a slow POS that after farting on the brake pedal at turn one you need to increase speed just to make it to turn 2 without the car stalling....

Chris, those are awesome photos mate. Love the variety. the photo of the civic, is that the left hander before heading up to the flip flop? he must have bounced it off the inside ripple strip or something?! un-usual to see some air there (well 2 weels but not all 4). either way it's a great pic, you should send it to him as I'm sure he'd love to have it.