SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring your car to Oran champ :) It is only up the highway

Mark and Russ took there car to JAPAN!!!

Dont worry Boz, If Superlap doesnt make it to Melbourne by the time the car is finished I will be up there getting stuck in.

JP and I are the only ones left flying the z32 flag.

I want to be able to park it here again soon. But finished next time.

PICT3904.jpg

Edited by Tektrader69

staging the event on F1 weekend probably wasnt the best idea either, but its been mentioned.

TV dudes, must advertide on TV. Even the Sport Compact Drag Racing has made the step.

if the general public got to see what we see, they would be more than interested and pay the $20 to come watch.

I'm with Andrew,,,the pair of us were standing there wondering who's fastest and what car was winning.

The cars need to have Cams size numbers and names on the cars so we can at least know who's driving what.

There is also a need for less time between the different classes going out on track,,,it was like 15-20 minutes between classes.

Can we please get racetracks to allow other vendors to sell water and food. O/Park being the worst...I bought 6 waters and a bucket of chips which cost me 30 bucks. After 6 chips I chucked them in the bin,,,my dog wouldn't eat that shit.

Neil.

For a timing board it wouldnt have to be anything super dooper fancy. Just something simple like the sort you see at large road"work" sites with pre programmed text. All you'd have to do is show the commentator or timing person how to enter the car make and model, then the time to beat and the actual time after each session, then have it repeated until the end of the following session.

Neil, you're 100% on the money with that last comment. The "food" shop is a fkn joke at OP.

I agree with Merli, the drift australia have got it right because its a spectators sport.

The only difference between Superlap and any other weekend at Oran Park is their was a commentator and half a dozen trade stands with higher quality cars.

Linton you can't charge $50 to watch this event, the V8SC even struggle to get a decent crowd at that sorta money.

i no longer give the v8's the time of day.. since they are all basically the same due to regulations and controlled components.. the race is down to the driver.. its a club level event with faster cars.. superlap is all types of cars, from all types of camps, with all types of budgets.. trying to out-do each other. joe blo can rock up with a home made evo and put it against the hi octane boys.. which appeals to evo boys, wrx boys, beamers, skylines, silvias, the works... like the old group a racing.

the v8 supercars are the same old thing.. no new cars, no new developments, nothing interesting.

superlap needs to get to an attractive track.. like albert park, or the adelaide street circuit. where the are good and current facilities, heck even eastern creek has good views and grandstands.

and yes this event requires a time board... even if it just shows the time as the car goes over the line, like at wsid.

all in good time.. its only the second event.

maybe i should have put a comma in there... "heck EC has good views, and a good grandstand"

at EC we sit on the hill on the first corner and we could see most of the track, right down the main straight, up to and around the 2nd corner and up to and around the last corner... we also were up on top of the pits and again, we could see most of the track.

at oran park, we sat on the last corner, and could see the cars coming over the flip flop, around the last corner and up the straight... but not much else..

Edited by NZM.031

i no longer give the v8's the time of day.. since they are all basically the same due to regulations and controlled components.. the race is down to the driver.. its a club level event with faster cars.. superlap is all types of cars, from all types of camps, with all types of budgets.. trying to out-do each other. joe blo can rock up with a home made evo and put it against the hi octane boys.. which appeals to evo boys, wrx boys, beamers, skylines, silvias, the works... like the old group a racing.

the v8 supercars are the same old thing.. no new cars, no new developments, nothing interesting.

I think most here would agree, but getting the message out to the general public is another story.

And Neil, I can beat that...2 bottles of water and 6 nuggets at the GP: $15.60! Ouch!

we packed a picnic... a few of you may have seen me cruising around with a massive pic-a-nic basket... well worth it. had plenty of water, snacks and some yummy bbq chicken and fresh rolls.. all for less than one of yo o/p kebabs.

I like Merli's ideas, although not sure how viable it would be with big screen but sounds great. Driver interviews could be easier and a good thing. Johnny Boz is as good a talker as he is a driver. Also Oran Park food is average and big line waiting. Also the lower pit food shed was not open this day. I spoke to Hi Cctane re this and no surprise they tell me they CANNOT sell food or drinks there, as the food shop have a contract with Oran Park. Eastern Creek will be great when we get there.

Andrew Hawkins would have been good on the mic and would have provided some interesting calls.

Maybe SAU could have ran an ABO BOB BBQ...an idea for next time perhaps

It was talked about, but it was only for the members. In the end, it was a bit too much trouble and we might get in trouble with the lunch ladies...

Andrew Hawkins would have been good on the mic and would have provided some interesting calls.

We didnt see a bbq was nessacary, we did hire out one of the corporate rooms on pit straight, just byo food and drinks really.

We had the corporate box this time around again, next time we'll be bringing food and drinks.

Members only.