SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

We had the corporate box this time around again, next time we'll be bringing food and drinks.

Members only.

speaking of members only, why havent i got a little blue thing in my profile saying nsw club member yet??

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....Eastern Creek will be great when we get there.

Couldn't agree less John, moving it to Eastern Creek will make it a straight out, billiard table flat, drag race for the biggest hp (ie biggest budget) to win. At least Oran Park is a real driver challenge and rewards some bravery.

Plus, if they move to EC the JB class will disappear overnight as he only ends up with 6 or 7 cars to drive.

n1 gtr, i faxed the form and paid the moneys on friday 13 march. havent recieved pack yet.

back on topic, easy, have it at both... this will give the little cars and the big cars a run..

as i recall... the m sports gtr is a monster and took out the time attack at tsukuba (which is almost dead flat) with a 55.230, it was followed closely by an evo, and 3rd was an rx7.. so i dont think it will be a flat out drag race.. ec has a few mounds, and a few turns. to keep it competitive we may have to break up the cars a little more.. turboed 4wds, turboed 2wds, na's and what not... but thats only for winning.

as far as spectators, ec is much better

I am not sure about EC being an outright hp track?!?! Yeh, sure the hp works better there, but the straight is pretty short and there are no real other blasts other then out of turn 9. The rest is flowing, albeit pretty high speed so a bit of power is going to help. But i dont think EC will give dramatically different results to OP. LOL a place like Sandown or Calder would, as i give away 3 seconds to a car i am quicker then through the corners on the two straights....it is frustrating :wacko:

Agree with Roy. EC is more open and flowing. Seems to reward cars that can carry good speed through long, higher speed corners, compared to OP that rewards cars that can accellerate out of short slow corners. I don't think EC would favour AWD cars quite so much as OP.

Edited by hrd-hr30

nah I'm with dundan. forget EC. keep doing OP till they bulldoze it. don't worry, once all we have left is EC you'll be sick of it soon enough. make the most of what we have while we still have it. :wacko:

I don't get the local's dislike of EC. If you want to see a boring horsepower track, try QR! Why can't they bulldoze that track?

lol, I don't neccesarily agree with dundan that it's all horsepower at EC, but I do agree that oran is better. and since it's got a very finite life we might as well use it while it's still here. cause when it's gone we'll have plenty of time to run around EC. though having said that EC is about to get fked over too, so that they can have lots of small dicky, stupid layouts that make them many more moneys. hmmm might have to move to victoria after all... what's the weather like down there??!

lol, I don't neccesarily agree with dundan that it's all horsepower at EC, but I do agree that oran is better. and since it's got a very finite life we might as well use it while it's still here. cause when it's gone we'll have plenty of time to run around EC. though having said that EC is about to get fked over too, so that they can have lots of small dicky, stupid layouts that make them many more moneys. hmmm might have to move to victoria after all... what's the weather like down there??!

Cold.

Wet.

Miserable.

meh to cold,wet and miserable. I like Melbourne weather...except for when its cold, wet and miserable :nyaanyaa:

But, weather isnt a concern, i did more wet days in NSW then i have done in Vic

i'm coming brisby! at least with us two handsome, talented NSW boys in melbourne the local girls will have some eye candy to look at and some of the VIC lap records will get re-set. good times. I can live with cold and wet. my euro blood means to me anything above 15 deg C is 'hot'.

if it rains we can go to bar20

i'm coming brisby! at least with us two handsome, talented NSW boys in melbourne the local girls will have some eye candy to look at and some of the VIC lap records will get re-set. good times. I can live with cold and wet. my euro blood means to me anything above 15 deg C is 'hot'.

Cold.

Wet.

Miserable.

Last time I looked we where in a 7 year drought and Sydney was swimming in rain. :(

Its drier down here than up there and Turbos work better when its cool. :(

AND we got better tracks down here. I reckon Superlap at Winton or Phillip island would be great.

Edited by Tektrader69

But if we went to PI all the electric toothbrush equipped 4wd cars would have way less advantage on a fast, flowing circuit. :P

IMO Superlap Phillip Island would be the ultimate.

Maybe I am biased but no other track here in Australia compares to PI.

Must be a way to make it happen. and soon.