SAU Community

Who Is/has Bought An R35 Gtr?

handbrake

I am interested in knowing who on this forum has on order or already has bought an R35 GTR?

ADM Nissan Aus or JDM import, doesn't matter.

I have ordered a 'gun metallic' Premium ADM estimated delivery due in May 09. Gold coast Nissan.

Looking at some HRE wheels for it but otherwise stock for now.

Edited by handbrake

As explained in a different thread, my business partner and I purchased 2 JDM spec Premium editions his in Black, mine in the Ultimate Super Silver. Unfortunately we got hit with a depreciation in the AUD, though not as low as it is today, thank God!!

We have successfully obtained 3 year, 100,000K warranties and 24 hr roadside assist for our vehicles. Owes us around 180K on road (including warranty). His was registered last week, mine should be just before Chrissie !!! As mentioned in my other thread, there are companies out there who are doing warranties for these cars.

There are the 'usual' conditions on the warranty - eg. not covered for abuse/neglect - they will pay up to certain dollar values, based on parts failure - eg. up to $20K for engine, transmission, etc. The fact is, we are not aiming to see the demise of parts detonation, its just good to know that a company is there to assist us should things go wrong, and we will not be massively out of pocket...

$1600 gave us the Cobb Tuning Access Port module, that REMOVED the 180K speed limiter and gave us an additional 0.1 Bar of boost increasing hp from 480 to just on 550 ps , as per the Cobb Tuning proven dyno sheets:) Massive difference, particularly in midrange. It took us 5 mintes to set up, and can be reversed in less than 5.

This fantastic little device also allows you to set different driving modes for the GTR (eg - Valet model, which does not allow the car to rev above 3000rpm, incase you need to leave the car somewhere and you are worried about it being abused ) and also allows you to clear any error / service / warning codes that may appear on the dash!

Cobb Tuning in the USA are brilliant - this device alone, will probably provide us with more support than Nissan would, had we waited for Aus Spec GTR's that are still months away...

We were both initially apprehensive about the purchase of a JDM spec due to the lack of support network that Nissan has stressed from Day 1 for all 'Grey Imports', but all concerns have now been addressed and we couldn't be happier!

We will be doing a professional photo shoot around Christmas time, once mine is registered. I will be sure to post pics once they are developed...

I have an Nissan AU GTR on order (Gun Metallic). Initially was for October delivery, then it was July, then it was somehow magically March. I think a lot of people have dropped off the order list...

About time you got into something decent LSX-438 :yucky:

Our sources indicate some of those dropping off the list have been concerned by the 'softening up' of the Aussie model, with Launch Control removed, and the Bilsten Damptronic system recalibrated to make it less harsh, but possibly ultimately slower :whoops:

Still, the car has greatness built in from factory :)

Edited by Martin Donnon

...and the Bilsten Damptronic system recalibrated to make it less harsh, but possibly ultimately slower :)

guarantee that actually makes it quicker point-to-point on the average sh*t-house aussie winding road

I am interested in knowing who on this forum has on order or already has bought an R35 GTR?

I have ordered a 'gun metallic' Premium ADM estimated delivery due in May 09. Gold coast Nissan.

post-55831-1228637440_thumb.jpgpost-55831-1228637440_thumb.jpg

post-55831-1228637440_thumb.jpgpost-55831-1228637440_thumb.jpg

I've ordered a Premium ed Ivory Pearl AUS Spec,due May 09.Chose white as I'm obsessed with carbon fiber and the white is a good contrast.Also looking at the Cobb ECU,sounds very good,Zele have done one as well.Will (try ) and post a photo of some wheels I like.Not that fussed about losing Launch control,its all about reaction times for me.3 simple words.LEFT FOOT BRAKE ALWAYS.Ok thats 4 but get used to it and reap the rewards.

About time you got into something decent LSX-438 :D

Our sources indicate some of those dropping off the list have been concerned by the 'softening up' of the Aussie model, with Launch Control removed, and the Bilsten Damptronic system recalibrated to make it less harsh, but possibly ultimately slower :D

Still, the car has greatness built in from factory :thumbsup:

I can live without the LC; but i will be doing whatever is required to get the roundy roundy go fast bits back on full song.

Our sources indicate some of those dropping off the list have been concerned by the 'softening up' of the Aussie model, with Launch Control removed, and the Bilsten Damptronic system recalibrated to make it less harsh, but possibly ultimately slower :thumbsup:

That makes NO sense at all. 1. Launch control will still be there. It's just not listed as a feature (aka if you push the buttons it will still work - but your warranty is now gone which it seems has been the case all along anyways). 2. The suspension recalibration is an option we all get at the time of order. They ask you straight up how you want it - hard, racey and aggressive camber settings or softer with longer tyre life.

Anyways - I've got a white premium AUD one due in May 09 as well.

I've even ordered the plates for it already.

post-5136-1228690136_thumb.jpg

That makes NO sense at all. 1. Launch control will still be there. It's just not listed as a feature (aka if you push the buttons it will still work - but your warranty is now gone which it seems has been the case all along anyways). 2. The suspension recalibration is an option we all get at the time of order. They ask you straight up how you want it - hard, racey and aggressive camber settings or softer with longer tyre life.

Anyways - I've got a white premium AUD one due in May 09 as well.

I've even ordered the plates for it already.

The option you're referring to is the camber setup. Race or street with race being the default.

The suspension softening Martin refers to is a valving change in the shock absorbers which all global models see this coming MY. Even the Japanese model will have these changes which are primarily being made for the European market. It will make the car better for all those fat ass journos we've got down here but possibly slightly softer where you don't want it to be. Can't really be sure until some get into the hands of owners but by all accounts R mode on the suspension will still be firm enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my R35 back in July and had a great time driving it in the AKA Rally from NYC - Salt Lake City. Put the Cobb AP on about 1/2 way through the rally to see what the difference is, and trust me I think it is a great buy.

I have been working here in Melbourne for a bit and looks like i will be coming back for another year, so now the tough call; do I try to import mine from the US, or let it stay there while I am here for a year or more.. tough call.

I got my R35 back in July and had a great time driving it in the AKA Rally from NYC - Salt Lake City. Put the Cobb AP on about 1/2 way through the rally to see what the difference is, and trust me I think it is a great buy.

I have been working here in Melbourne for a bit and looks like i will be coming back for another year, so now the tough call; do I try to import mine from the US, or let it stay there while I am here for a year or more.. tough call.

yes that is a bit of a tough call, id try and see if u can get one on hire type agreement for a year whilst your out here maybe. that way u get to drive one but dont have to worry about importing yours and getting it back over there again. also being LHD you would most likely have to get it converted to RHD to drive on australian roads, which im sure is not cost effective to do for 1 year in australia.

• 2 months later...

Yea, after some further discussion and review I figured it was too expensive and to much of a hassle to try to have it shipped over. I will stick to walking for the moment and maybe just rent some nice cars when I want to get out of the city.

I was at the Melbourne Auto show this weekend for a bit, saw the GT-R there and found it funny that is was taking a back seat to the new 370Z. they had that front and center, while pushing the GT-R to the back of their display. I guess they wanted to push the cars they expect to sell the most. I even spoke to one of the dealer reps there and he showed little interest in selling the car. But that could jsut be because he thought I was a gawker tourist.

I did see a couple of nice cars, if I was going to stay for a while I might consider leasing, but only a couple of cars popped out at me (Lotus Europa, Lexus ISF, Audi RS6 and the new BMW M3 is not too bad).

Yea, after some further discussion and review I figured it was too expensive and to much of a hassle to try to have it shipped over. I will stick to walking for the moment and maybe just rent some nice cars when I want to get out of the city.

I was at the Melbourne Auto show this weekend for a bit, saw the GT-R there and found it funny that is was taking a back seat to the new 370Z. they had that front and center, while pushing the GT-R to the back of their display. I guess they wanted to push the cars they expect to sell the most. I even spoke to one of the dealer reps there and he showed little interest in selling the car. But that could jsut be because he thought I was a gawker tourist.

I did see a couple of nice cars, if I was going to stay for a while I might consider leasing, but only a couple of cars popped out at me (Lotus Europa, Lexus ISF, Audi RS6 and the new BMW M3 is not too bad).

Could it be that all the R35 GTR's allocated for Australia have already been sold, hence no reason to try and sell them?

It was the launch of the 370z hence the display. The R35 GT-R launch was last year but still featured heavily in Dan Thompson's speech at the motor show.

Nissan are very interested in selling GT-Rs but it isn't a big volume deal like the 370z is.

yes that is a bit of a tough call, id try and see if u can get one on hire type agreement for a year whilst your out here maybe. that way u get to drive one but dont have to worry about importing yours and getting it back over there again. also being LHD you would most likely have to get it converted to RHD to drive on australian roads, which im sure is not cost effective to do for 1 year in australia.

I think you will find that a temporary vehicle import approval can be issued with no import tax and with the vehicle being able to be registered LHD although there are condidtions to the amount of time the vehicle can stay registered.....from memory the car must also display "left hand drive vehicle"on the back window at all times

Edited by ylwgtr2