SAU Community

Prices Of Ps 3 Console

sloutch

Hey guys, i'm sure this topic has been discussed a million times. But has anyone of you got the most recent prices of PS 3 80GB console in stores? Which stores are more likely to give a better deal? JB Hi Fi? Harvey Norman?

Thanks

built better lol they're all built well and fine...

all PS3 can play PS1 games and if you dont need to play PS2 games just get a 40GB or 80GB PS3 and upgrade the hard drive to something like 250, 320 or 500 GB :blink:

got the 80gb from EB, id say they'll give the best price, from what i have seen their price is the lowest and theyll match and competitors if you just tell them somewhere is selling cheaper (theyll call them to confirm)

EB? Good price? LOL sure they'll match but might aswell go to the competitors in the first place and support the places that dont sell at a rip off price - new release games are generally $89 at Game or JB HiFi as oppose to $120 at EB Games...

:|

PS3 60GB Aus delivered (Plays PS1/PS2, 4 USB ports) $700-1000

PS3 80GB Aus delivered $700 in shops?

Ps3 40GB Aus delivered $400-$550

40gb and 80gb are identical in that both can't play ps1/ps2 games and both have 2 usb ports instead of 4 which the 60gb has.

I know cause i bought a 60gb for 700 and sold it for 1.2k while they were hot

built better lol they're all built well and fine...

all PS3 can play PS1 games and if you dont need to play PS2 games just get a 40GB or 80GB PS3 and upgrade the hard drive to something like 250, 320 or 500 GB :P

+1

Very easy to do.

For a step by step guide: http://www.cnet.com.au/games/ps3/0,2390357...39282375,00.htm

Supported HDD's

Fujitsu MHW2100BH 100GB

Fujitsu MHW2120BH 120GB

Fujitsu MYH2250BH 250GB

HITACHI TravelstarSK160 160GB

HITACHI Travelstar 5K250 250GB (HTS542525K9SA00)

SAMSUNG Spinpoint M80 160GB

SAMSUNG SpinPoint M5S 250GB (HM250JI)

Seagate ST8100828AS 100GB

Seagate ST9120822AS 120GB

Seagate ST9160821AS 160GB

W.Digital WD1000BEVS 100GB

W.Digital WD1200BEVS 120GB

W.Digital WD2500BEVS 250GB Scorpio

Toshiba MK325GSX 320GB

EB? Good price? LOL sure they'll match but might aswell go to the competitors in the first place and support the places that dont sell at a rip off price - new release games are generally $89 at Game or JB HiFi as oppose to $120 at EB Games...

agreed dude, but the when i got my 80gb, it was the cheapest from eb.... seriously

:|

PS3 60GB Aus delivered (Plays PS1/PS2, 4 USB ports) $700-1000

PS3 80GB Aus delivered $700 in shops?

Ps3 40GB Aus delivered $400-$550

40gb and 80gb are identical in that both can't play ps1/ps2 games and both have 2 usb ports instead of 4 which the 60gb has.

I know cause i bought a 60gb for 700 and sold it for 1.2k while they were hot

lol nice one

lol @ eb being cheapest

Jb hi fi will be the cheapest, of course eb will price match but why would you bother when you can just go straight to JB for more stock and selection.

Id be hesitant to get a console over ebay for warranty sake etc

40/80GB CAN play PS1 games - I've played GT2, MGS1 and FF7 on the PS3... its just PS2 it cant.

f**king hell. The current promotion is a free sony title from the following when you purchase a ps3.

Motorstorm pacific rift

Resistance 2

Little Big Planter

Any singstar PS3 bundle.

If you can find it for under 700 you've got a good deal. f**k screwing around to get an extra 10 or 20 dollars off.