SAU Community

Ss & Xr8 Racing (beware)

The Bogan

It would be but unfortunately because they are police reporting them to the police is completely pointless as they all watch each others backs.

This is straight baiting, and would be a breeze to fight in court if you had video evidence of the illegal and dangerous driving attitude of these such cars.

Take the video evidence to Internal Affairs, Today Tonight, A Current Affair, and you will get a pretty quick reaction, look what happened with the cop that got done doing doughnuts with his police officer wife in the car at a rodeo.

I have had a few try me, I have given them the rev back, let them squeal off at the lights and guess what, they are now in front of me and I dont have to worry about them.

I also have my own set of dash lights, and when they spot this, they watch for a block or 2, and then speed off again leaving me alone.

Seriously, not hard to spot them, and anyone that acts like a tool regardless of police officer or not, should be reported with the following:

Time of offence

type of offence

date of offence

place of offence

registration and description of the car

description of driver if possible

photo if you can get one

video if you can get one

if enough people report these incidents to police, and if enough photos of these police with dash lights gets to papers, they might stop trying to bait young hoons and book people the old fashioned way.

B.

according to wiki the Vic cops have used skylines..

if its on wiki it must be true :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_Tra...Management_Unit

(go down the bottom to the unmarked car bit)

The only Skyline I could imagine being used as a cop car would be a R31 in the late 1980s. Though if someone can prove me wrong please do :D

• 4 months later...
i personally think unmarked polcie car a good idea...

its proven effective..... so many people caught.

and as they said...when people see a marked police car, they modify thier driving.

but eveyrthing has its pros and cons.

the disadvantages of unmaked cop cars is people impersonating police if they are unmarked or undercover.

young girls can be targeted for sexual assault.

thats a true point too.. but i dont like how they try and force u to race. either by reving it next to you. driving crazy next to you. being down right assholes. putting everyone else in danger. just to try and catch someone who was driving normal until they came and g'd them up ( unfair ). if u get caught doing the wrong thing, then deal with the consequences. but when they do that. really pisses me off

every commo. ford. lancer i see i automatically do 5 kph under the speed limit

WTF thread ressurection!

Anyway, I had a hero in an R32 Golf try and race me on my way home from work tonight... He saw me through traffic and floored it past me.

Caught up at the next lights. I looked over and gave him a disgusted look and shook my head... I call it the "You're a fcuking tool" look... He just stared at me.

We both took off normally from the lights, and he pulled in behind me. Looked in the rearview mirror at the next lights and he had this puppy-dog, ashamed look on him face :(

I saw a cop driving a soarer, had his uniform on, pretty sure he'd be on the way home from work though :rolleyes:

hmmm, thats an interesting thought. I am sure there are police officers out there that own all sorts of cars and drive them to and from work in their uniforms. I wonder if they have the ability to book you when they are off duty?

I knew a guy who owned a VL calais, the series 2 version with the transparent grill. He put 4 strobe lights bhind it - a blue one, two white ones and a red one... He used to pull people over at night time for laughs (apparently a big offense). But if anyone saw this they would say "I saw a VL cop car pull someone over, they drive anything these days!".

I have not seen a legitimate undercover cop car without the standard black on yellow plates, thats my theory.

Nothing beats that Gallardo Cop Car around Bologna > Sant A'gata

...but if I was asked by the Police to stick "POLICE" livery on my car and plant it on the Motorway for an hour....

Hmmmm, yeh I'd be tempted...

JUST to have a SQUIZZ at the FACES OF some DRIVERS PASSING BY like :P & :rolleyes: & :blink:

I have not seen a legitimate undercover cop car without the standard black on yellow plates, thats my theory.

Don't rely on that theory because it just is wrong. There is nothing to stop unmarked police vehicles using premium plates etc. It is done regularly.

I've seen a few different undercover cars that were a bit interesting. One was a white forester (i think it was a forester, white subi wagon anyway)

that was breaking up a party where i was arriving to pickup a friends sister from.

The other one i found quite interesting was when leaving a football game at the SFS, where the police are usually directing traffic out onto the streets,

was a white pajero, fully unmarked, with lights in the windows. but the coolest thing about it (well i reckon anyway) was the tail/brake lights were

flashing red and blue, as well as the spotlights that were mounted on the bull bar!

They're NOT OLD Hahahaha

2 Cops SARDINED into a MINI COOPER S - Now that'd be OLD = ANTIQUE :closedeyes:

Dont knock it till you've tried it. I got stung many years ago (showing my age here) in Sydney by a cop in a cooper S with surfboards on the roof.

I was driving a cooper s myself at the time and thought he just wanted to play.

Had a look at his car while he was writing me up and lo and behold, the surboards were actually bolted to the roof wracks.

Getting booked interstate wasnt so bad in those days as there was no loss of license points. Just the fine.

there is also a Green VE with chev badges ive seen a few times getting around the Penrith area. Ive seen cops a few times trying to bait people they tried with me a few years ago out Liverpool way they were in a white xr6 turbo with gt stripes and clear tail lights, also had the 000performance sticker on the back window.

All comes down to common sense really dont race on the road and you wont get caught

there is a gun metal grey lexus is200 that laps king georges, dark tints and spoiler and rims... only lights in the grill. no lights or computers in the car....

black and white plates

one of my best mates is a cop and told me that when off duty they ARE aloud to book you and infact are encouraged too, and technically arent ever off duty unless they've been drinking.

Just because they are cops doesnt mean that they cant own a Skyline, 200sx, WRX, EVO etc..

Most wouldnt bother booking you coz it means a lil more paper work, but im sure if you were caught when theyre having a bad day or they were just in a cock head mood..........