SAU Community

Ss & Xr8 Racing (beware)

The Bogan

...such as the black RX-8 (with livery) from Burwood Police.

We also have a black RX-8 in our garage. However it can't be used for 'duty' so to speak. (Could be wrong but I don't think so...) It's just like a present from Mazda ... free advertising for them.

• Nope 1

We also have a black RX-8 in our garage. However it can't be used for 'duty' so to speak. (Could be wrong but I don't think so...) It's just like a present from Mazda ... free advertising for them.

So what does it get used for? Just curious.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I can't really think of a situation where we would. IIRC it doesn't have any dash lights etc.

If for some reason ALL the cars are being used and we just needed to go out of the area or something like that maybe?

RX8's are pretty meh anyway, I'd prefer to be riding in a xr6t.

• Nope 1

love the thread resurrection, missed it the first time and its made a good if slightly sobering read on an otherwise dull monday morning.

i take it rb25 that your an active boy in blue? what do you make of all the baiting stories? Does this eveer happen on your watch and if so do mixed feelings ensue?

seen the odd non typical cop car but as above it was usually a glorified courtesy car, will keep an eye out for the black bankstown RX8 though its not like i need another reason not to go out there :P

another thing to look out for is on the rear quarters of the F6 Typohoons Formally knows as Taipan is a sticker of a Cobra ( snake ) and if anyone does get videos skip the police and head to the media cause apparently word from the inside no one likes these taipan boys and one female.

:)

i take it rb25 that your an active boy in blue? what do you make of all the baiting stories? Does this eveer happen on your watch and if so do mixed feelings ensue?

Baiting I personally have never seen it, on duty or off... I don't know much about it.

RX8's are pretty meh anyway, I'd prefer to be riding in a xr6t.

I was talking with a police officer one night and he was in a white fg xr6t and was joking around and said my 32 would beat that thing and he reckons its running something like 500hp i dunno how true this is but when he took off it sounded mean and in all honesty i dont think my little rb20 would stand a chance but down to my question how do they go any mods done to them?

I was talking with a police officer one night and he was in a white fg xr6t and was joking around and said my 32 would beat that thing and...

If he's a big guy, and you're a l'il guy > power:weight might be in your favour :P

I was talking with a police officer one night and he was in a white fg xr6t and was joking around and said my 32 would beat that thing and he reckons its running something like 500hp i dunno how true this is but when he took off it sounded mean and in all honesty i dont think my little rb20 would stand a chance but down to my question how do they go any mods done to them?

AFAIK the only mods we do to the car is lower it. I'll be working with HWP soon so I'll find out then... :)

If he's a big guy, and you're a l'il guy > power:weight might be in your favour :P

Im quite a big guy 103kg so im at a fair disadvantage in that regard

Yeah thanks RB25PWR always wondered what you guys done to them even asked my girlfriends cousin but she didnt have a clue

There's a fair bit of equipment in the HWP cars weighing them down though, right? Lights / sirens, radio / CB equipment, computer for checking IDs etc, radar, camera(s), and probably a mild assortment of weaponry / armor

OK I found out today. I was in the SS today and I was told that it comes standard from Holden however they do get a better brakes package. Didn't ask about the Fords, however I assume it's much the same.

As for the weight yeah it probably weighs a bit more, probably due to the fact that they carry a lot around in the boot... and there's the computer in the car, the ANPR gear etc.

So perhaps we don't even lower them, at least it wasn't mentioned to me... They might just look low because of the extra weight, i'm unsure.

The police cars are "stock".

By stock I mean, they get sump protectors, gearbox protectors, they actually get SOFTER suspension (It's noted as being FE1.5) FE2 is in the S and SS range, being 20% stiffer then normal commodores.

FE1.5 is 15% stiffer, this is done to allow the cars to hop the centre islands in a more controlled fashion.

They get better brake PADS in them.

The older Police cars (And I'm yet to confirm if they still do it in the new ones) also ran a mildly different tune. And by tune, I mean they raised the idle so the police comms equipment didn't drain the battery while sitting idle for long periods of time (IE, Radar duty).

They're definitely not lower, as they have to be able to jump gutters quickly, lowering them would end in devastation...

By stock I mean, they get sump protectors, gearbox protectors, they actually get SOFTER suspension (It's noted as being FE1.5) FE2 is in the S and SS range, being 20% stiffer then normal commodores.

FE1.5 is 15% stiffer, this is done to allow the cars to hop the centre islands in a more controlled fashion.

The older Police cars (And I'm yet to confirm if they still do it in the new ones) also ran a mildly different tune. And by tune, I mean they raised the idle so the police comms equipment didn't drain the battery while sitting idle for long periods of time (IE, Radar duty).

They're definitely not lower, as they have to be able to jump gutters quickly, lowering them would end in devastation...

i wish they were all lower than... so they all can end in devastation! hahahaha

+1 I dont know how many times I have said it to people who think aussie HWP cars have big HP under them.

Only in America did they get Police specials

Baiting I personally have never seen it, on duty or off... I don't know much about it.

ahh ok good to know that if it goes on its at least quite rare. going by these forums you would think it happens every night.

love hearing about the HWP mods or lack thereof, they will still catch most guys and u cant outrun a radio but at least u have a fighting chance on the right back road. . not that i would ever have the guts to try outside of on a playstation..

so mr soon to be HWP, any chance of giving us SAU folks a heads up on where ur going to be hiding once your on the road? :P

OK I found out today. I was in the SS today and I was told that it comes standard from Holden however they do get a better brakes package. Didn't ask about the Fords, however I assume it's much the same.

As for the weight yeah it probably weighs a bit more, probably due to the fact that they carry a lot around in the boot... and there's the computer in the car, the ANPR gear etc.

So perhaps we don't even lower them, at least it wasn't mentioned to me... They might just look low because of the extra weight, i'm unsure.

Seen a hwp take off yesterday in a xr6t it looks as tho it would be faster than a civilian one sounds menacing. my gfs cousin is a police officer in sydney she hates hwp after they booked her partner for crossing double lines!