SAU Community

Ss & Xr8 Racing (beware)

The Bogan

RB25, fantastic post, would love to vicariously live the life on the other side of the fence if only through your posts/some kind of awesome blog?

Its good they allow you to use your discretion still with cases like the pregnant falcon driver, sounds like she has a rough enough future as it is without the suspension. I was worried the video/audio recording would entail random audits of your stops and hence a lot more ass covering but it seems like people can still get the benefit of the doubt in the right circumstances.

Phew.

12694462 is my licence number, your welcome to have a look and wince apropriately, the 35 overs are a bit old now but i still think its unlikely to pass muster with recruitment :(

fitness would be fine and MBS you should go for it, a coupla runs every week and you will be fine.

(oh and are u implying as long as im staying no more than 20 over im ok in your neck of the woods? :P always thought about ten over was safe but..hmmm)

All you have to do is use your imagination, that's essentially what HWP is. It is EXACTLY what I thought it was. You are essentially untouched, what I mean by that is. You do what you want for your shift, if you want to sit in a particular street in a particular suburb, you can. If you wanna cruise around, get a coffee and relax, you can. If you wanna "insert anything here"; you can.

There are certain obligations like 1 hour of RBT and everything but that's good anyway, it breaks up the day and it's always a good laugh.

Today I got a 7 month pregnant lady, driving unreg xr6 turbo, on her green P's. However I do have a conscience, she didn't know about the restrictions about turbos etc and she's about to start a family. A bit harsh to give her drive prohib vehicle... which is 7 (so automatic loss of license) demerit points and uhm $430? or more, I forget.

Everyday is a good laugh, I love it. I'd do it for free. Tonight I scissor paper rocked this P plater for not wearing his P plates... -- I won, but laughed and still let him go.

As for your driving record, how bad is it? Can't hurt to apply, although if you can't run 6k's you'll struggle in goulburn... It's a pretty damn slow jog but still.

Best jerrrrb ever. Yeah I'm giving out tickets and it's evil, but seriously most people deserve it and I don't usually give out anything under over 20 so I don't feel too bad usually.

PS: The 180 flick spins aren't that much fun with the traction control on (which we must keep on!) down.gif

What TCS ON? Do they log that feature? Because I've seen HWP in Wollongong bag the absolute shit out of the tyres in doing U-Turns to chase people...

As to offences, only two, one was a "15 - 30 over" violation, of which mr HWP was a tad annoyed as he didn't know my actual speed, and a very long discussion... Supposedly they put notes on the system that I was "street racing" with out another car around...

That was 3 years ago in May.

Then I had Christmas period 2009/2010, got pinned 26km/h over in Double Ds... I missed the 80 sign cause I was talking to two mates about the fact we weren't in any rush and we weren't to go speeding... I even saw the copper and didn't think twice about it! *Sigh*. Both stupid fault of mine.

Also, never realised you guys got to just go "I'm going out to drive up and down these streets, then I might sit here with the radar, oh hey, RBT time" I actually thought you guys were scheduled in for that stuff? Like told at the start of your shift, you need to be on radar here, then go here and do this etc etc etc?

As to fitness... LOL, well, I walk from my current job down the stairs, and to the warehouse and back up, literally a 20 metre walk tops...I'm puffed LOL.

But this week marks the start of my "I'm over this shit!" and it's back to Gym. I used to be able to run pretty quick for a KM, so a nice jog over 6KM with a touch more training would have been doable.

Terry: Are you talking the metaphorical "Wall" of pain, or an actual wall they had to climb? Your posts suggests both to me.

What TCS ON? Do they log that feature? Because I've seen HWP in Wollongong bag the absolute shit out of the tyres in doing U-Turns to chase people...

As to offences, only two, one was a "15 - 30 over" violation, of which mr HWP was a tad annoyed as he didn't know my actual speed, and a very long discussion... Supposedly they put notes on the system that I was "street racing" with out another car around...

That was 3 years ago in May.

Then I had Christmas period 2009/2010, got pinned 26km/h over in Double Ds... I missed the 80 sign cause I was talking to two mates about the fact we weren't in any rush and we weren't to go speeding... I even saw the copper and didn't think twice about it! *Sigh*. Both stupid fault of mine.

Also, never realised you guys got to just go "I'm going out to drive up and down these streets, then I might sit here with the radar, oh hey, RBT time" I actually thought you guys were scheduled in for that stuff? Like told at the start of your shift, you need to be on radar here, then go here and do this etc etc etc?

As to fitness... LOL, well, I walk from my current job down the stairs, and to the warehouse and back up, literally a 20 metre walk tops...I'm puffed LOL.

But this week marks the start of my "I'm over this shit!" and it's back to Gym. I used to be able to run pretty quick for a KM, so a nice jog over 6KM with a touch more training would have been doable.

Terry: Are you talking the metaphorical "Wall" of pain, or an actual wall they had to climb? Your posts suggests both to me.

Unsure if they log the traction control. However it's in our safe driver policy to keep it on. However with that said I have been sideways in the SS, dunno if that particular driver had it on, I dare say he would have. It might just behave differently to the XR6T. If I had to guess I would say it wouldn't be logged, and just like any job, some people are by the book, some people aren't.

A warning might have been put out on your car... it might have been removed by now I'm not sure, usually you put an end date. However with "street racing" they could have put it on there until 2026 if they wanted to.

The only thing we are "scheduled" for is RBT, all the highway cars get together, set up and just do 1 hour of it. Before or after that we do what we want, we might get asked/told to target particular offences, but never "target this road"; or anything like that. If that happened it would be more like a suggestion rather than anything... With that said though we might have intel of a particular street that's known for burnouts all the time or street racing... then yeah would would probably target it. But day-to-day, we go where we want inside our command.

Also I gotta say these XR6T's have grown on me so much, nice quiet comfortable car and will absolutely GO when you want it to. The ZF gearbox is amazing. Although the car is super quick and comfortable, it doesn't "feel" the same as a skyline, mine's slower, bumpier, nowhere near as comfortable, but still I don't get the same feeling being in the XR6T.

There's no way to see if your car has a warning, no. =D

My line is standard so the XR6T would be faster. But it doesn't feel like you're going that fast... it's not an exciting car, it has an even more linear power delivery than mine. :/ Never buy an ex-cop car, we drive them like they're stolen.

Haha, awesome thread! rb25 your insight into the other side has been awesome, thanks. For some reason I always thought that police wages were fairly low, not sure, but 100k to do hwp sounds like a great way to live. The old saying is true, if you like guns and fast cars, join the police!

I'd definitely be keen to read a blog about your times, but I'd guess that's against regulations.

as long as he stays anonymous and doesnt go into specifics it should be ok if a little frowned upon by unknowing higher ups.

someone at the SAU trackday yesterday mentioned where his LAC was and i think i asked for it earlier in this thread but on reflection realised that would be a big faux pas to put it in here.

It just sort of struck me as it was somewhere i grew up and i didnt realise there was a skyline community there, big ups to RB25 for representing!

oh and re the warning thing, not even if someone knew a cop who had access to the database or does that break rules to even look up a plate number? just like your not allowed to walk into a station and get your breath tested which i always thought was bizarre.

oh and re the warning thing, not even if someone knew a cop who had access to the database or does that break rules to even look up a plate number? just like your not allowed to walk into a station and get your breath tested which i always thought was bizarre.

Hang on, so you can't be voluntarily breath tested? Why is it that when it comes to the road there's a high emphasis on catching people, but not on preventing people breaking the law? It's insane. There's no preventative measures, it's just diddums if you're caught at 0.051. I'm not saying it's okay to drink drive by any means, but ever since I got off my p's (4 years ago) I've noticed that I don't feel right driving between 0.00 and 0.05 BAC, there's a noticable increase in risk and despite following the drinking guidelines and always being breath tested when I'm in doubt (and not booked), it'd be good to know your bac for sure rather than hope, but apparently there's no way of doing that.

Like when people get in trouble for flashing their lights at oncoming traffic warning of a radar trap, or the rta run mobile speed cameras. You can make people slow down, and then they're driving safely, or you can just catch them and in a few weeks they'll get a fine, and in a few more weeks they'll be driving the same as they were before.

They won't/can't legally do it, because if you get cleared at the first check, and something happens later on, and there is a discrepency, then they're liable.

The handheld machines are not "accurate" and hence why you're not booked off them, just taken back to the station tested on the real machine and then booked.

But if they hand test you, go "oh no, you're clear" then you head out, crash and your proper BAC is taken and you're over... It's no longer you're fault.

I reckon just bring in a 0.00 BAC.

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

yeah thats what the cops told us, still think its silly and a simple 'this will not guarantee u wont be found 'over' if pulled up as soon as u leave the station.

as soon as your out of their site their liablity should automatically disappear as you could hit the bottle then etc, just commonsense but too much ass covering going on for sense to be anywhere near common. dont get me started on speed limits.. but otherwise' yup drunks should be busted and key thrown away re licence/

oh and re the warning thing, not even if someone knew a cop who had access to the database or does that break rules to even look up a plate number?

Yeah I can look at warnings. However I need a legit reason too, and of course giving such info to the public is a big no no. As for the blog thing it's possible, we can talk about our work, but it's wise to leave out the specifics for obvious reasons.

If I make it to the march social cruise you're more than welcome to bend my ear.

As for the blog thing it's possible

Well then mate...bring it on!

your writing is sparse but punchy and to the point unlike a lot of the rambling, typo ridden meandering in here (including mine). A highlights reel every week or so would be juicy stuff and yeah no specifics for reasons mentioned. Just looked up at your avatar and realised your location is written right there underneath it.

All my blathering on about that for nothing, sigh i feel silly.. Still its a big area and there must be a bunch of you guys running around it keepin the peace. Is Ashmont still as dodgy as i remember? i went to the high school 'on the hill' which was a pretty bland but nerve wracking experience at the same time.

ok million more questions but yeah, ear bending time will occur indeed if you dare to show up at the social this month :whistling:

Edited by hamiltonau

Haha well ill tell ya now I'm not from wagga, nor do I work there... And you'll just have to wait and see if my real name is John or not. ;)

I just checked my roster this morning and I do indeed have the 19th off so I should be in attendance!

oooh very sneaky, and extra credits for having people going around disseminating said false information at track days.

Your a ghost man...a ghost!

as for Terry in a serpico outfit..will that include the black muscle shirt and mullet? now that i gotta see!

just thats where someone told me u were in wagga, guess he was just going off your forum info but im making out you have agents running around confusing people as to your whereabouts.

much more interesting that way.:turned:

I find it hard to believe RB25PWR let a P plater off for driving a turbo vehicle. A P plater driving a turbo is like driving an unregistered or unisured car. If said P plater had an accident on the way home then the officer who let the P plater off prior could be liable because they let a P plater drive away after just being pulled up.

Just like police officers not giving people voluntary breath tests or letting unregistered car drivers drive home after they have been caught, this is so the police officer cannot be held liable if the unregistered driver has a crash on the way home or they give the all clear saying you are under the BAC but get pulled up half an hour later with a higher BAC reading.

But then again RB25PWR may be one of the rare highway patrol men who DONT suffer from little man syndrome. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could clarify :rolleyes: do highway patrol let P platers who have been caught driving turbo's, drive home even if they slap them with the fine and 7 point loss?? (becuase driving turbo on P's means ur not insured even for third party and no insurance is illegal)

Also one more question for our HWP friend. When a HWP punches in ones rego, for example on a 350z, does it come up with prohibited vehicle as its a high powered v6. I think from a previous thread i was told it only shows turbo/supercharged and that the V6 component is not in your databases. Or is that all a fairytale.

Edited by jawrgy