SAU Community

I find this ludicrous

Ait

That's just it J Facts and Driver skill....Tx5 man, you mention your mates 180sx running 12psi...this means nothing really as my mates 180 also runs 12psi and has run a 12.7sec 1/4....BUT he is a good driver and it makes a whole lot of power on those 12psi...at the end of the day it is very hard to compare cars with such differences even just the driver, I have no doubt your car is fast but its just that some people generalise saying stuff like 32's aren't that fast as I beat it in my ???? etc

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jay95R33

This could lead onto the inaccuracy of dynos, but I don't think I want to open that can of worms right now !!

Anyway, time for a group hug...

:)  

:grouphug:

Yea, I was going to talk about that in the thread but decided not to. Look, I was as surprised as you guys, as I got it dynoed only a week after I bought the car and never expected the result. But I got it done at Chiptorque on the Gold Coast and they tend to have a fairly accurate dyno from all reports.

But the thing is, everyone has similar results, the lowest being 92kW that I have heard from an '88. Mine is '91 BTW. But it is sooo common that something has to be up with that 106kW figure stated.

Tripharn

listen ENRICO, ur just a sheep man, with ur skyline that every man and his dog has. get over it u toss pot, koz i ADMIT i will get flamed by skylines, but u call my car a box? man ur car is a box, with those shitty rims. eat a dick u fag koz i KNOW i will run with slightly modded skylines. i never said i would run with a 12 second skyline, so i dunno which one of ur holes u pulled that from. and the reason u couldnt launch ur fwd n/a is koz u dont know how to drive it. man i hope u get slapped by an mx6 one day, or maybe u just to afraid to line one up now. and tripharn, dude, settle with the mx6-vs-gtr thing, thats just embarrasing for us dudes over at mx6.com.

Ignore where that thread went too... it just went down the shit and I just started paying people out for the fun of it. It was all a big joke to most people (well to me anyway)... just like this thread.

You don't have to defend your cars, we all know what they are capable of. It's just all good fun.

The next cruise you guys organise in Brisbane then start a post for us... I'll try my hardest to come. If my clutch is fixed!

Tripharn

Originally posted by Tripharn

I can pull out and scan my damn dyno chart if you want where I got 106kW.

Remember this post started on our forums, you guys started this forum to laugh at us. The whole thread on our forum stated it was a modded MX6 and a fairly stock Skyline. If you want to chagne the topic to make yourself feel good, go right ahead.

But don't complain that this happens when you guys started the damn thread in the first place.

:)

Tripharn

Correction my little 1st gen mx6 kiddo, the thread was started because someone discovered on the mx6 forums how incredibly insipid, inadequate and mentally challenged SOME 1st Generation Mx6 drivers are. How a modded Mx6 can 'supposedly' beat a skyline. And how no one did mention whether the skyline was modded or not.

Now of course as some of the people on thread have reiterated over and over again that people like you and your type should go to a track instead to race. And as also pointed out, have a look at the track times, before you go on saying you could take a close race to a GTR. I think you will many GTR owners highly offended that your tin pan turbo car can win a GTR. Now run along and go have your 'kills' before mummy takes the car keys away.

WHOA HOLD THE PHONE!

The R32 GTR is over 200kg heavier than my car (if I took my stereo out), and a stock (I said stock) R32 has 206kw at the fly and 260ft/lb... compared to my car at with 150kw ATW... assuming about a 15% drivetrain loss on the GTR its 176kw ATW with say another 5% (at least) loss due to age... and you are at 168kw.  

When you where born did your mother make you smoke CRACK?

Let's not even bring GTR's into this argument.. your comparing an 80's fwd shitbox with one of the worlds top Spec-A racing car.. Which competes with Ferrari's, Porsches and the world's most exotic top performance cars.. And due to racing mods smokes their ass!

First of all the GTR does NOT have 206kw. 206kw is a government handshake with Japanese car manufacturers. You won't know this because last time I checked mazda can't release anything more powerful than that figure. :)

In reality a GTR has closer to 240kw-300kw stock. And mammoth torque, an amazing racing bred traction control system.. YES that means 7000rpm launches and it will dig into tarmac like a startled echidna. (thank my mates at Wheels Magazine for that line).

May I also remind you the R32 GTR does a 12-13 second quarter mile time out of the box? Before you put an A/M Exhaust system and all the other shit your car has on it?

Your entire ignorance of all these facts blows my mind. I think someone summed it up earlier.. "I love my car but I don't pretend its something its not."

Another quote Jay said which I thought summed up this entire lame flame war pretty well: "It's funny that the Skylines seem to be used as a bench mark !"

black_tx5: I just thought i'd give you a heads up.. If you stand back and take a look at that post, it would seem to most people reading this thread that you are an immature young p plater who has not graduated from the school play ground yet.

I didn't say I would win... I said it would be close and unless you have been in my car then basically you know shit and I'm pretty sure your head wouldn't fit in the door anyway.

I really don't care if I offend GTR owners... I said it would be close. I didn't say I would win, so get over yourself and your cars. I could buy 2 MX6's for one of your cars and go on a yearly holiday with the money I save on insurance.

All that was said was that a guy beat a Skyline. It is possible you know! If you don't think that it can happen then you really know nothing about our cars... which is becoming extremely obvious.

See you guys on the street. Remember to invite us on a cruise... I hope you aren't all idiots.

Tripharn

Originally posted by pentae

May I also remind you the R32 GTR does a 12-13 second quarter mile time out of the box? Before you put an A/M Exhaust system and all the other shit your car has on it?

Remember I said stock (I have always stated stock, since this was the original scenario).... and I would hope that it is pulling 13 secs... otherwise I will be beside you if you aren't!

Tripharn

Hey Tripharn,

For some reason you keep bringing it down to bang for your buck.. hello? Skylines are newer, better looking (according to most of the population), and more modern cars.. got airbags?

Want to compare it to something more your league?

Here's something for you to fight for.

I drive an S13 SR20DET Silvia. Thats a 2 litre rear-driven turbo monster that would own your ass for the exact same money as your car.

Here's some fast facts about what a RWD Nissan in the same price bracket can do to your car:

Weight: 1220kg

Power: 164kw

Torque: 272nm

Stock Qtr Mile Time: 14.3

My specs after a few grand of mods:

Power: 180kw

Torque: 290nm

Qtr Mile: 13.4

Now look who's winning the bang for your buck race.. oh right the imported nissan. Sorry mazda fans.

Originally posted by Mr. MX6

By the way im only kidding.. obviously any car can be moded to point of oblivion..

No your not... We all know that the 2nd Gens are far more powerful than the 1st Gens.

Ok, ok... I'm only joking. I don't want to start this again :)

Tripharn

Originally posted by pentae

Power: 180kw

Torque: 290nm

Qtr Mile: 13.4

For bang for your buck you need to quote figures! My car is a '91. Has the following...

Power: 150kw ATW

Weight: ~1200kg

Qtr Mile: Haven't done it yet.. need a clutch

Accessories include.

Power assisted, speed sensitive 4 Wheel Steering.

ABS

A/C

Sunroof

Electric everything

Cruise control blah blah blah

Total cost of car is less than $9000 including mods. Now tell the truth, how much have you spent?

Tripharn

No one likes idiots who do the following:

1. Takes a crappy car and tries to win a higher performance car when the results are obviously against your favour.

2. Proceeds to brag that your car could win a better car when you didn't even race properly on a track. Let's no count public roads.

Of course it's entirely possible anyone can win, but look at what you've just said:

It's a close race to beat a GTR? I think you'll be smelling his fumes. And nobody here ever said anything about superiority, but to even come closely and hint about how your super duper cars (talk about pot calling the kettle black), can win just about anyone you like to drag off on the streets. That purely speaks of immaturity and stupidity. Then you go on saying that you had a field day creaming a skyline. Do you find us going around saying they drag off people on the streets? NO. SAU does not condone public racing. And it's people like you that should get your license revoked and taken off the streets.

I see now you're simmering down and trying to be impartial eh? A far cry from what I see on the MX6 forums and your earlier posts. Perhaps it is you that should get off your high horse and stop this "my cheaper car is faster then your more expensive car" attitude.

My car is a 93. I noticed the stock figure is a little more than yours. I have so far beaten every MX-6 I have raced.

My car also has 4WS (HICAS)

power everything, a/c of course..

It cost me $12k and the muffler, air filter and boost controller all up cost $1500-$2000.

So $13.7k.

Or theres the S13 CA18DET which you can get as a 1991 for $8k, just take 20kw off the performance figures.. same price as your car, still wins the performance battle.