SAU Community

I find this ludicrous

Ait

You must have me confused with someone else Ait I never said that I have beaten a Skyline, since I don't remember racing one.

Maybe you should check your facts mate, because I'm simmering down??? I've not changed... you have me confused. In fact read my threads I have made a point of not saying I have beaten a Skyline... damn, I really hope you aren't talking about me otherwise I've wasted more time than I thought since you don't even read what is written.

Tripharn

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys..This thread is lessing in maturity level here on this forum, as it was in mx com.. Grow up everyone.. Basicly.. it is two different cars, two different setups.. The mx6 has shatloads of torque, not a high rev range, or much power. The nissans on the other hand, have shatloads of power, and a high rev range with plenty of torque.. So, if you think about it, if an mx6 can beat a skyline, good on him.. job well done.. As it was first stated in the post, a modded mx6, and what seemed not modded skyline.. It seems the person was a bit over anxious on what he could beat. As i said before, i have both cars, and there are both great cars.. A eighties heap of shit? Its the same years as the 32? does that make them an 80's heap of shit aswell? Dont think the skyline boys would like that? Max boost for a mx turbo is 15psi, not 10.. I believe the stock 32 turbo cannot handle more than 12-13psi? Because of it being ceramic..? I dont know about the 33, as i only own the 32. So tit for tat, the skyline has more potential.. but doesnt make the mx6 an 80's heap of shit... It has potential aswell.. Just, being fwd, people dont tend to lean towards them as performance manchines.. Oh, by the way, why was a skyline owner cruising around on the mx6 forums?? thats rather funny?

Guys, lets just pull our heads in and get over this silly non world threating issue...

Originally posted by Tripharn

You must have me confused with someone else Ait I never said that I have beaten a Skyline, since I don't remember racing one.

Maybe you should check your facts mate, because I'm simmering down??? I've not changed... you have me confused. In fact read my threads I have made a point of not saying I have beaten a Skyline... damn, I really hope you aren't talking about me otherwise I've wasted more time than I thought since you don't even read what is written.

Tripharn

Alright alright..

Okay fair enough. I chose you as poster boy of the MX-6 crowd the second I saw the three letters GTR enter your posts is all.

I'm chilled. :)

Originally posted by pentae

My car is a 93. I noticed the stock figure is a little more than yours. I have so far beaten every MX-6 I have raced.

My car also has 4WS (HICAS)

power everything, a/c of course..

It cost me $12k and the muffler, air filter and boost controller all up cost $1500-$2000.

So $13.7k.

Or theres the S13 CA18DET which you can get as a 1991 for $8k, just take 20kw off the performance figures.. same price as your car, still wins the performance battle.

I'm getting tired and I want to go to bed. So this is my last post. I like Silvias... in fact I nearly bought one instead of the MX6, but I wasn't greatly impressed after going for a drive in one.

But going from $9k to $13.7k is an extra $4700... which in fact is enough to buy another MX6 or over half the total cost of my car! Do you see what I'm trying to say??? You might not like FWD and to be honest I didn't like the idea in the first place. But get in one, and like I've always said. You'll be surprised.

GOOD NIGHT!

Remember I look forward to the cruise. If you are in Brisbane Pantae bring your Silvia along... I'll give you a head start :) Just kidding!

Tripharn

Total cost of car is less than $9000 including mods. Now tell the truth, how much have you spent?

Why drag money into it? It's obvious that Skylines cost a fair bit to mod. If you don't want to spend the money, go home.

Reality check. Yours just keep on bouncing.

There's no way any of us even with highly modified GTSt's would take on a GT-R.

The MX6 may be reasonably quick in a straight line but what about corners? The Mazda 626 floorplan? Hmm... that sounds like one great pedigree.

You see we're all ex-Commodore, ex-MX6, ex-Lancer, ex-Ford drivers.

We've all basically settled on the RWD 200rwkW+ Skyline platform.

No-one here brags about killing MX6's in drags. It's embarrassing to say you killed any Mazda except a rotary (respect where it's due!)

Dragging off HSV, SS utes, turbo Falcons, Ferraris, Porsches is more common.

There are NUMEROUS Nissan 350z owners who acknowledge that dragging Skylines is a futile experience.

The 350z is a FANTASTIC car but it's no match for anything but a stock Skyline let alone any GT-R.

If 350z owners can admit that, why can't owners of lesser cars?

It's because most 350z owners (being $60,000+ machines) have some kinda common sense.

T.

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

Reality check. Yours just keep on bouncing.

LOL... that is pretty funny. I'll remember that. I don't remember how money come into it... but I think it came back to the, since our cars where made in the 80's they where shit or something. So I just said, yea and less than half the price buddy.... or something. I forget.

pentae - We'll have a cruise up the Sunshine Coast at the end of Uni exams... if I remember I'll add a post here. If not, try to remember to add post over on our site about your next one....

CIAO!

I really am going to bed... now that The Bachelor III has finished ... :headshot:

Tripharn

Correction again 1st Gen boy. You said

"The R32 GTR is over 200kg heavier than my car (if I took my stereo out), and a stock (I said stock) R32 has 206kw at the fly and 260ft/lb... compared to my car at with 150kw ATW... assuming about a 15% drivetrain loss on the GTR its 176kw ATW with say another 5% (at least) loss due to age... and you are at 168kw. "

The only reason why I singled you out because I simply cannot stand how unsubstantiated your facts are. And how much guess work has gone to this. I don't own a GTR, but it irks me how people love comparing "oh my car is cheaper and faster then your car", and HOW this all started from VinceXO's thread on the MX6 forums about killing 32s so easily with just 10psi of boost? Come on...let's be realistic here.

Do you find us comparing how we love comparing our cheaper skylines can 'kill' an M3 or a Porsche etc? There are 10second GTRs here that are used for track, but nobody here compares. And look how silly it gets when some of your 1st gen mates brag about every single hooney thing they do.

If you guys love comparing, then why not compare a modded skyline to a modded mx6? And why not compare track times too?

Bottomline: Stop bragging (and that's not only directed to you TripHarn but your 1st Gen people). And start being realistic. Naturally any car can go as fast as the owner wants, provided the pockets are deep. But statements from another 1st Gen owner such as "I just beat an R32 with only 10psi of boost", and then gloat over it, it typifies the mentality of kids. Do you find anyone here gloating?

Well I got the 206kW off the Nissan website...

15% drivetrain loss on a 4WD is pretty bloody good!

and for a car that is about 10yrs old then 5% is also very good!

I admitted that I didn't know exactly since I don't own one and couldn't find the info on the net... not that I looked for hrs though. You haven't proven me wrong yet, or offered me an alternative. And I repeat again, I never said that I would win, or that I have one. So again, get your facts straight.

If you think that my facts are unsubstantiated then look at the other posts. I'm going off their figures too, quoting stock GTR's from 12-13secs.... So I'm pretty close aren't I? Not that unsubstantiated I think.

Maybe you want to tell me what the stock car will get? Just going off your head and not quoting any proven facts doesn't prove much at all... just that you don't know either, but at least I said I was guessing. Unlike you.

Tripharn

If you think that my facts are unsubstantiated then look at the other posts. I'm going off their figures too, quoting stock GTR's from 12-13secs.... So I'm pretty close aren't I? Not that unsubstantiated I think.

Maybe you want to tell me what the stock car will get? Just going off your head and not quoting any proven facts doesn't prove much at all... just that you don't know either, but at least I said I was guessing. Unlike you.

Tripharn

Eeeeh WRONG AGAIN Trippy. Those figures are official track times. I really do hope you're not calling us liars. I'm sure you've seen the links to the Skylines track times.

As I reiterate. Look at the track figures. Those AREN'T OFF THE TOP OF OUR HEADS.

Originally posted by Ait

Why can't I be on that site? I can be anywhere I want.

Just let it die.

There's dickheads everywhere. Some even drive Skylines.

The bottom line is that this is a pissing contest. There's lot of good people driving MX6's too.

I never slag people's choice of car because maybe that's all they can afford or they couldn't give a shit about cars and they got a house on the North Shore or something.

All I can afford is a Skyline and that's BARELY with all the huge bills it's giving me! Gosh it's got an awful appetite for 98 octane and back tyres.

LOL - it's all good though.

My dad used to get slagged off because of what he drove. He has a Mercedes now - that car is a piece of shit btw. :)

I notice that people here on SAU never get too ****y about cars they burn in drags.

I've dragged off guys in HSV Commodores, XR6's, other turbo imports, blown them into the weeds and ya know what?

They wind down the windows and gasbag at the lights. "Whaddya got under the bonnet?"

"It's stock LOL"

Guys who are just interested in high performance cars, turbos, v8's. Who cares? It's all fun.

It's the rejects in their Excels and riceboxes who go have a sook when you burn them up without even getting over 4,000rpm.

If I had $50,000 I wouldn't be driving a GTSt. Hey's it a nice car. 200+rwkW, slidey RWD action, C's shortshift. But it's no supercar.

T.

I cant understand that ether .. Hell we are over ere.. it is a global village after all ..lol..

as far as im concerned you are welcome on MX6.com..

I do like the skylines . it is the only car I would swap into .I would however have to tip in more money to get it up to a nasty spec.. but it would be worth it..

although I don’t think they have a sleek look more of a boxy family car look .. but that is good to .. just more of a 90s sort of style..

and @ least one first gener likes the skyline look..

first.jpg

2 funny