SAU Community

Noob Advice - R34 GT-T

Guest DiMarzio

Guest DiMarzio

Hi All,

Now from what I can tell and have read on the forums so far, I probably will be flamed as another bandwagoner and disliked because I'm coming from the WRX to the Skyline as I have seen the light.

So be it.

Here's what I'm after and if anyone has any better ideas for me, don't hesitate to flame away or offer some actual useful info for me.

I have seen an awesome Skyline R34 GT-T at a dealership for an asking price of $42k with 24,000kms on the clock. Now as I said I've got an MY01 Rex, but it MUST be traded as part of the deal coz I aint wasting the time to sell the bitch privately. Now is $42k a decent price for such a car or should I be looking at other dealerships for a better deal? And if so, where should I go that still accepts trade-ins?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi, and wlecome to SAU.

Nobody will flame you for thinking about trading your Rex on a Skyline. Infact we Skyline folks oftem mix with Rex owners. We're all pretty friendly, most of the time.

AS for your question : I've seen R34 GTTs for 35K-55K - it really depends on condition, modes, colour preference, etc. I'd be saying that $42 K wwas average - Factoring in some negotiation, you might get it for $40K -

Having said all that - I saw a White R34 GTT on Geoff Risbey's site the other day for $28K plus ORC (Prestige Motorsport) This one was a tiptronic.

Welcome to SAU.

I have only recently rejoined the ranks of Skyline owners myself having just purchased an R34 GTT. I paid $35500 (asking price $39990) for a lightly modded specimen. For that price I got an immaculate metallic black R34 kitted with a full Nismo body kit, full set of Nismo gauges, Nismo exhaust from the dump pipe back, HKS FMIC, Turbosmart plumb back BOV and numerous other little things to sweeten the deal.

As B-man says, use the Prestige site as a guide and then start negotiating. Having a trade makes things that little bit trickier but not impossible. Depending on the mods to the R34 you should be able to drive a fairly good deal. Get a mate to see how low they will go for a cash deal and then work from there.

Cheers

put in mind though the actual buy value of the rex is higher, for lets say 42K for the R34 gtt in the question. the dealer/importer may have only paid 30K for it.

so DiMarzio you may not have to payany dole at all.(or minimal)

like said earlier, approach like you know imports like the back of your hand and negotiate.

ron