SAU Community

R35gtr Price Forecast - 5 Yrs Time?

Marko R1

hi all,

i will buy an r35gtr as for me its only a matter of time - im in love with it (just like my r32gtr)

anyway - for any nostradamus out there how many yrs will it be when they sell in the 2nd hand market for less than 100k?

this is when i'll be ready to buy 1...looking back at the r34gtr's it probably took a good 5yrs when they hit the 90k mark

regards,

it really depends on how many are sold and what the demand is like on the second hand market. and seeing as there are only limited amounts being sold it means that its gonna be a while before they break the 100k mark.

probably similar results to when the r32gtr was sold back in 91 as an aust delivered car

my mate paid 65k for 1 back in 98 with 50000km very clean/stock (i.e. as a 7yr old car) then i bought it for 40k in 05

yeah it will take a while. but they are worth the wait. :P I think the fact that there wont be many more (any?) grey imports, and the fact that nissan aus will only be able to supply very limited numbers means the prices will stay up there. for my mind the bargain R35 GTR in the next 5 years will be a grey import JDM model with low kms. they will always be some $ below the aus delivered ones (unless the aus ones are watered down/restricted in some way, in which case the JDM ones will be worth about the same).

in 5 times time you would hope a JDM model with say 40,000kms will be around the $100-$120K mark. just have to wait and see really. but hey, if gives some time for you to use that $100K somewhere and make more money with it. :P

It pretty hard to predict what the R35 GTR's price will be in 5 year time, as to how much demand there will be for it in next couple of year for a used R35 GTR, that will set the bench for the market value.

Another GT-R now for sale on carsales. A beautiful Gun Metallic. Looks likes there's going to be a healthy supply of the GT-R available, both JDM and ADM cars. If these guys are struggling to get 150K for these JDM cars new (assuming this price includes everything except transfer stamp duty) and the ADM cars are going for 175k (approx) on road, it will be interesting to see how the 2nd hand market pans out over the next 18 months to 2 years.

Edited by GT-R OZ

I watched the supercar doco on the 35GTR on national geographic and i think they are making 40,000 a year to be sold worldwide..... Thats a hell of a lot for a supercar. Total of 200,000 worldwide if they are manufactured for 5 years. Does anyone know if there were more or less earlier GTR's made per year. If it was a lot more then you would expect them to depreciate at a slower rate.. If its approx the same then depreciation "should" be approx the same as previous.

The only thing is these will be sold by Nissan Australia so expect Aus delivered ones to depreciate slower and be more valuable in the future aswell. I think once Nissan release them at say 150k then no import yard is going to be able to sell a second hand one for the same price. Imports might come down 30k off the bat. If I had 130k to spend on a second hand GTR... I'd make sure i had 150k to buy a new one with warranty.

R33 GTR's were around the 40-60k mark for years and years while 34's sat at 90k then all of a sudden down to the mid 20k range and 34's down to 40-60k. R32 GTR's can be had now from 15-25 as most people on here would know. Could u imagine the R35 GTR going for 15 grand? It would be cheaper to buy another than to pay Nissan prices for spares.

Just to add... Nothing much has come out of Japan and fill an import yard aside from Evo's, WRX's and S15's in a newish state since '02. The GTR's, Supra's, RX7's, GTiR Pulsar's and the sorts are all a thing of the past when u think about it. All pushing 10-15 years old. Even a later model JZX100 chaser is 10 years old now and can be had for under 20 grand. Now with the flood of "new imports" to australia like the Aristo, Legnum/VR4 TT for example prices have dropped drastically. The GTR is the latest and only thing to be of any great significance to come out of Japan. This may be used as an excuse to keep Import prices a little higher but who is going to take the risk to save 20k on a car worth 150k?

Edited by FordyR31

that gun metal grey GTR is so hot..

makes me all hard :)

hmm i think an R35 GTR would be nice by the time im 30 :P

get married, have a few kids, sell a couple of kids and buy a GTR!

5yrs, might pick up a good buy at $90k with 60th on the clock

7yrs Dec 2015 Id say a 100,000km used R35 GTR might be ~$65k

here's hoping... but of course thats relative to the current economic climate

well nissan aust only bought in a handful of 32 gtr's to australia, and you can now by gtr's here for like 15 grand. So there is no way the car is going to hold it's value that well. It's a freaking nissan not a buggati for christs sake.

nissan will make trillions of the f**king things the way americans eat that shit up, look how cheap all older gtr's are.

Just slightly off-thread...

Can I suggest that the R35 GT-R 'Price Forecast' title be switched to 'Value Forecast' on the basis that 'Recent Price Paid' may not correspond with 'Rated Value' ie. an XU-1 Torana 'price' to-day will have no reflection on its 'value' in 5 years time.

The point I'm making is that with the numbers of R35 GT-Rs on the world market in 5 years time, this number and therefore 'value' will be subject to...

i) age-threshhold R35s having to be sold off in Japan and then exported

ii) age and model of the R35 in question

iii) Kms travelled

iv) condition

v) exclusivity of model type

After taking points i)-iv) into account, I can't see the 'value' of a standard R35 GT-R being any greater than

a) a R34 GT-R Z-Tune

b) a R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur N1 or even

c) a R32 Australian Version GT-R (a WA one at present 'valued' at $55K, but what it sells for, I do not know)

Analogy:- The value of an M3 BMW continues to go south. A low Km, non-raced, non-modified M3 'CSL' value remains stable.

My 2c. Tez

• 2 weeks later...
Analogy:- The value of an M3 BMW continues to go south. A low Km, non-raced, non-modified M3 'CSL' value remains stable.

Interesting analogy (exclusivity of model variant), but bad choice in cars :D

When I purchased my M3 in 2006, I could have purchased a similar year model CSL for EXACTLY the same price.

Exclusivity is one thing, but application and associated practicality is another. The CSL is PURELY a track car. Nothing else. Fixed bucket seats, no sat nav, no television, compressed CARDBOARD BOOT FLOOR ( :D ), no sunroof, etc etc....

It has an EXTREMELY TINY target market, and the low price they go for reflects this.

I understand and agree with your analogy, but bad choice in example :D

fact that nissan aus will only be able to supply very limited numbers means the prices will stay up there.

Off-topic:

So does that mean Nissan Australia will not be getting full volume and grey imports are possible in near future? because as far as i know. full volume is unlimited supply but they are only bringing in 33 cars per year?

I can't see it being below $100K.

I base that on the fact that the R34 GTR was released in 1999 and in 2004 they were still fetching well over $100K. It's taken 10 years for the R34 values to come right down and they have really only started coming down fast since the R35 came out.

For all we know in 2013 they will still be selling this vehicle new in the same guise especially given over half the world doesn't even have access to this car yet - so I can't see a current selling model going for 50% off RRP just because it's 2nd hand.

It's a totally different story to 5 years AFTER they stop making it. Then I can see figures around or below $80K.