SAU Community

Interior Question Help Plz

LUME

i bought a r33 gts about 2 months ago ive done a bit of work before i get my lisence but it came with no stereo so i put in mine ect but it has the gap into the dash my mates gtst and everyother skyline ive seen has like a little holder as per say anyone got any ideas or where i can find one?

picture to show you...bad pic sorry

post-55906-1228735254_thumb.jpg

hey mate,

what you need to do is lift the cd player up so that the gap is down the bottom there maybe some brackets there from the stocko one if not you can make em, its not that difficult and get a pocket from strathfield or the likes of those car audio places which cost like 16 bucks. the stereo will sit on it and you may need a thin layer of foam paper or sumthing round those lines and thats pretty much it.

Edited by nickandsarah_83

oh yep i with ya yeah i only have it sitting down the bottom as a temporary thing i have brackets but now i know where to get the pockets from ill be doing tht asap

cheers mate

ALTERNATIVELY...if you dont want to be like everyone else and have a boring pocket :( ...

my old setup before i got double din, was a piece of clear or fogged perspex, and then you put a sticker on it (lettering, numberplate, your name, or shopping list of a brand or something etc) and then paint it black or grey or depending on your dash. Then peel the sticker off and your left with a semi see through whatever, and just put in a neon behind the perspex and it looks hawt imo.

I had interchangable pieces, and a little LED set up that changed ways to flash and glow and chase etc behind it in blue which matched everything nicely. hopefully the pic included comes out alright, i've still got these sitting around unused if you want one, or any, or multiple and i got a heap of perspex available as well if you are metro melbourne? anybody else reading this if you want offcuts of perspex pm me i got too much it's all going in the rubbish bin before christmas

cheers,

shanus

post-44524-1228795362_thumb.jpg

fantastic idea shanus!!!!

*stolen* lol

i got some perspex lying around i wanna use for somethin and u have given me the perfect idea for it!

luke do this 4 sure. i put that CD din pocket in and never use it. only screwed my neon switch into the back the other day but will be putting it on the dash somwhere now.

another idea leading on from shanus', is to get a bit of plastic/perspex/whatever made to fit the DIN hole, and drill holes for guages etc. volt, vacuum come to mind :P

yeah thats a wickied idea lol iahvent replied casue i was away for work...na i live in gladstone im gonna go into town and get some of that stuff today and set it up

cheers fellas and especially shanus man your a great help

i bought a r33 gts about 2 months ago ive done a bit of work before i get my lisence but it came with no stereo so i put in mine ect but it has the gap into the dash my mates gtst and everyother skyline ive seen has like a little holder as per say anyone got any ideas or where i can find one?

picture to show you...bad pic sorry

Hi Luke, if the Gladstone you live in is in Queensland pop into Supercheap Auto, I saw a single din sony drawer that houses an mp3 player. Has a plug for the MP3 inside and RFA jacks out back to plug into the rear of the stereo, not 100% sure of the price but i think it was around $49.

yeah in queesnland about an hour or so from rocky?

pretty sure ive seen ur car parked off hansen road

i got a pocket lol

but i also bought perspex took out my ash tray and put my number plate numbers on the perspex and painted it and im gonna run a led light behind it once i buy another car lighter

will get a pik once fully done

Edited by LUME