SAU Community

What Made You Buy A Skyline/stagea/whatever You Have?

CRoNic...

I started noticing the R33's I think in 2000. I loved the rear end and those magic round lights. I had always had Holdens, last one being a LX 350 Chev Torana.... went pretty well but just wasn't comfortable and way too old. I started looking around and ended up getting a black R33 GTS-T. I had that for around 6 months then after wanting more power started looking at R33 GTR's.

After realising I couldn't afford one at that time (they were still around the $50K mark), I "settled" for an R32 GTR which still cost me around $37K. That car was going to be the love of my life for 5 years until in Feb this year when work put me on salary with a car allowance (which only lasted 3 months due to shifting departments) and I had to get something a little more practical, if you can call a RB26DETT powered Stagea practical!! Love the Stag too, but still would love an R34 GTR - which will definately be next.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Gran Turismo and just having some crazy HP GTR beating everything. Then 2F2F and the R34GTR was an animal. Then I looked into importing my first car, had plenty saved up and I wanted to be safe and just import a JDM EG civic over here. My mate told me how much it was gonna cost me, the same amount for a R32GTR. Threw the Civic idea out and started searching for some R32's.

I found a few I liked and also a Chaser I liked too. Missed out on my first preference Skyline and luckily got the one I'm driving now. Waited 7 or 8 months for it to get here. Then it sat in my driveway for a month until I got it registered.

Best choice I've ever made I think. Though sometimes I wish I got the Chaser because of its re-sale value here. But everyone was hating on me saying I shouldn't of got it for my first car and all that. But I love the little girl.

I've thought about selling her quickly because I didn't see many R32's over here in standard form with low km like mine. But now I've got the bug and I'll never let her go!

Gran Turismo series of games

Early Hot 4s magazines

High Performance Imports Magazines

Cruises

Initial D

Family Friends with sports cars

all of those things contributed to my interest in japanese imports/modifying/driving

as for skylines, reading about them in Hpi magazines and the internet gave me the impression they were a well designed sports car, last year, i picked up my first import (series 2 33) and i very much agree that they are...

so now im hooked on skylines especially and all imports in general.

well, had a heap of cars ranging from a mini, half doz rollers (ke20s ect), a hq gts ( sold it for $3k, look at the price now!!!) the usual v8 commonwhores, vf val hardtop, v8 vr stato then in 2001 while hang'n round at joes golden gasolines i spotted a wine red r33gtst and traded the stato in there and then. that car was stolen and torched in 03, drove the wifes 92 roller around till we decided what we wanted for our next car. we looked at all types of shit, volvo v40s usual commo-falcons (all wagons as we have the most ridiculas big dog you can imagine) very unimpressed with them all then found our red s1 rs4v with leather and sunroofs.

funny how so many people went for imports because of Initial D and playstation games :D

what a great advertisement for Nissan

I always wanted:

something different

something with turbo(s)

4wd

really fast

bought a brand new VX commie when they came out and realised that they have no charisma at all

used to drive them for work - when I bought one it felt like I went and bought the work car

when the R32 GTR came out here for around $30 000 in 2003, for me I thought they were a great option

and until they need rebuilding they are great :D

First car a 70 Datto 1200 coupe, then the next three were 1200 coupes turned into race cars for road racing. So the love of nissan started early. driving a few 240z and 280z, then 280zx, 300zx twin turbo. in USA no Skylines imported yet.

moved to RX7 extreme street racer for 11 years now Im back to Nissan mainly

Gran Turismo favorite car to drive..lol

two visits to osaka ,on the way to oz, saw them on the streets in the flesh. very nice

first cars in OZ for me, A R31, and Pinny (R31 body type). still have the R31 after 489,000k on unopen engine- leak free!!!, sold me on the quality of the RB

so bought a R34 GTT after riding in my mates car . cause RX7 cost to much here. lol

Skyline R34 GTT, Supra RZ twin turbo, R31 now. JAP cars rule!!! they take a caining and start the next day !!!!

plus its a fun to drive a car that feels "Seat of the pants again" instead of driving a couch with wheels !!!

started off in a mini of all things...then went into a mid 70's subaru wagon that was held together with leccy tape...sold that and got a S1 bluebird..kept that for a while and got my first datto 180B...which i modded a bit...swapped the running gear into another 180B...had that for a bit then sold it to get a datto 1000 ute which i did up to be quite noice...sold that and got a datto 1600...did the same to that and would still prolly have it if i didnt f**k my back up...after that, driving the datto just wasnt nice....found a one owner S3 R31 TI at my mates wrecking yard which needed to be rebuilt...helped them rebuild it and sold my 1600 to get the TI.....next on the list will be a 32 GTR..gun metal grey with the std rims......sooooo sexy....just have to finish the TI first......