SAU Community

32 Gts-t Problems

monster

I'm having a few issues with my 32.

Current mods are 3" cat-back, aftermarket coils and FMIC.

The stock turbo seems to have an aftermarket actuator on it running at 14psi.

The turbo ramps up to full boost fine and holds it without a problem, but once at full boost, the 32 seems to loose power. It doesn't cough or hesitate, but seems to plateu torque wise. A couple of worthy side notes, there seems to be a feint squeeling coming from somewhere on full boost, I was thinking belts slipping, but could this be a shagged turbo? Also the IC is slightly damages on the bottom, but doesn't seem to leak.

I have checked for boost leaks (though it wouldn't hold boost if it did have leaks) and changed the fuel filter. Next on the list is plugs.

I was thinking:

* Ignition timing

* Fuel pump

* Exhaust manifold gaskets

* Blocked cat

Any other thoughts?

have you checked all the vacuum hoses to boost controller, checked the coolerpiping and just all the hoses n stuff around the engine bay?

little squeeling suggest your losing boost pressure somewhere via a hose or pipe, as its only small.

just food for thought...

have you checked all the vacuum hoses to boost controller, checked the coolerpiping and just all the hoses n stuff around the engine bay?

little squeeling suggest your losing boost pressure somewhere via a hose or pipe, as its only small.

just food for thought...

I checked all the vac hoses tonight, and am not running a boost controller.

I was thinking the same thing about the squeeling, but thoughts because its holding pressure (acording to the boost gauge) I kinda ruled it out.

put it on a dyno and check your a/f r's...mine did the same,car was running out of fuel

My AF gauge (though dodgy) is leaning out under boost, would this indicate fuel pump? What was the reason for yours running out of fuel?

Have you considered that the ECU isn't programmed to run the engine with 14psi boost behind it?

I have, from what i've read, the factory ECU can handle it fine... though I havn't pulled it out to see if its been fiddled with...

Well, I spent the afternoon at the workshop, changed all 3 belts, the squeeling has gone altogether, cleaned out the AFM and airfilter (KN drop in panel) its now running 100% better but still hesitates/misses above 5000rpm on boost.

I'm changing out my plugs and IC core (as mine is slightly damaged) on Saturday as well as looking at a new fuel pump.

Will let you know how I go.

Just a side note, when cold, I have to sit in the car when I start it and hold the throttle slightly on for a few seconds otherwise is stalls.

Hmmmm

Well, after a long weekend, I've finally gopt the 32 running at 99%

Changed the plugs (turns out the ones in there were the wrong ones for the car!)

Got the injectors cleaned

GTR fuel pump

New turbo actuator

Runs beautifully now, but still coughs and hesitates when cold.

Going to be checking the ICV tonight.

Thanks all for the help.