SAU Community

Pga-sa Interclub Dyno Day #3 - 14th March 2009!

car_fanatica

well organised PGA guys, well done on another great day!!

dont know what happened to my car, still has me miffed a little as to what caused such a drastic lean out, I think the pressure hose blew of the fpr as his readout was only showing 15 psi but my ebc was reading much higher!

havn't confirmed my wideband sensor is stuffed yet but will be getting a new one asap, I think it's reading opposite to what the afr actually is, handy!, I may have cooked it running it in the dump directly in the line of fire!! anyway tuner error, lucky Lee's was fine.

sh*t happens, this is what it makes when fpr hose stays attached i guess, have added fuel in the middle since dyno day but not much, sensor was reading fine! guess I have a spare one now. :)

post-34685-1237435108_thumb.jpg

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sh*t happens, this is what it makes when fpr hose stays attached i guess, have added fuel in the middle since dyno day but not much, sensor was reading fine! guess I have a spare one now. :)

post-34685-1237435108_thumb.jpg

Nice one gotta be happy with that........

now that is a impressive figure Adrian

just very unfortunate that your car had a problem on the dyno day mate

would have definately taken the DK award lol

is that the r33 with the stockish looking setup hiding a massive lowmount turbo ? wow!

mine was the silver one parked next to the tent!

:) 380 ;) .........lol Adrain, you should've have pulled that figure for us last Sat

I know what a trip, shoulda seen Garreth's face when i said its a stock unopened engine, funny

was a little embarrased on satdy, the boys expected a good number since i tune a few skylines!

no need to be embarassed Adrian, your tuning results show in Lee's car!

how much more are you planning on squeezing out of the standard internals? or is every day a blessing now? :)

I might detune it to 350 :laugh: and leave the big boost for the dyno!!

Ha Ha detune 350 show off...........Seriously tho good work mate you deserve it :P you were one of the first (that i know of anyway) to go out on a limb with E85 and the results speak for them selves. Not to mention tuning my car on E85 and making more kw and torque then i ever thought possible from 2.5 litres...... :(

Adrian, congratulations on an awesome result mate. It is exactly what I would have expected from a GT3582R running E85 at 24-25psi. Mind you, you're not playing fair, when did you add those two extra cylinders? :)

In all honesty, you should have killed us at the PGA dyno day. From what I've read and hear on the grapevine the GWW Mainline reads some what higher than the Willall Mainline, in the vicinity of 15-20+rwkw and in some cases even more*. You have 400rwkw potential if you put it on the GWW dyno... go on, stick it on there mate, show us 400+rwkw - it will also help to show the difference between the two dyno’s.

An ex-work colleague of mine, and one of his mates, put their Renault Clio Sport 182’s on the GWW dyno and saw figures of 109fwkw and 103fwkw. At some stage later down the track, they then put the cars on the Willall Mainline, the results were in the 80's and high 70's.

Based on the above, and until I see otherwise I reckon my car is making around 340-350rwkw. Which I think I can live with, as lowly as that figure is... in comparison to Adrian’s rocketship!

Here’s my dyno sheet from the PGA dyno day. The engine has not even looked like suffering detonation running as lean as lambda 0.86-0.88. Also take note that my peak torque figure is down on yours, Lee. Boost comes on earlier and hits harder than mine so I’m guessing that’s the main factor.

post-81-1237612163_thumb.jpg

Just a quick one for Lee and Adrian. Guys, what brew of E85 are you using? The 'soon to be gone???' ENFFUE blend?

I have some new E85/98RON that I'm keen to try out when I get some spare time. Be interesting to know if either of you guys have used this stuff already?

In all honesty, you should have killed us at the PGA dyno day. From what I've read and hear on the grapevine the GWW Mainline reads some what higher than the Willall Mainline, in the vicinity of 15-20+rwkw and in some cases even more*. You have 400rwkw potential if you put it on the GWW dyno... go on, stick it on there mate, show us 400+rwkw - it will also help to show the difference between the two dyno's.

Mine car made more power at Willall (316rwkw) than it did at GWW (311rwkw) with no mods in between and with a half of a degree temp difference between the two days.

Mine car made more power at Willall (316rwkw) than it did at GWW (311rwkw) with no mods in between and with a half of a degree temp difference between the two days.

Thanks for info' Chad. Much appreciated.

Well, it would appear that it's inconclusive as to either dyno reading higher or lower. Ignore my previous statement, I'll take my 366rwkw figure on face value.

At the end of the day a dyno figure is just a number, a dyno day is just a bit of fun, and a dyno is just another tool for use in the automotive industry.

What we really neeed is a drag strip. Then we could put our power to good use.